Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NFL Fever 2003...???

Old 08-08-02, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NFL Fever 2003...???

Well...how is it?

I know a couple of board members were planning on getting this. What do you think so far? After the review I read on gamespot.com I will be renting this and NFL2k3 before I decide which to buy.

-Jordan
Old 08-08-02, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know someone got this???

Pig?
Flay?
Old 08-08-02, 03:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone's gotta have some thoughts of this game tonight...
Old 08-08-02, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by YujiNaka
Someone's gotta have some thoughts of this game tonight...
alright
Old 08-08-02, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll be picking it up tomorrow. TEAMXBOX.COM posted a review today and gave it a 4.4 out of 5.......
Old 08-08-02, 07:53 PM

I picked it up today at the EB trade in deal.
It is going back.

I had last years version and enjoyed it very much. Nicely this year has widescreen support, online play and very good 5.1 sound. While this game improves the sound greatly and the graphics somewhat, it does not play quite right.

The end of the first quarter of play the score was 14-7 and I had not hiked the ball yet!

There is some really good animation but it detracts from the responiveness of your control. Grass and jerseys look better in Fever than anywhere else

I bought EA's NCAA game earlier this year and I think it plays more like football albeit the college game. I feel like I have much more control over my players. Crowd looks terrible. Sound is o.k. but I have more fun playing it.

I plan on trying 2k3 and Madden this year in hopes of getting a pro game I like.

Back to Fever, I dont think it is a waste of money by any means and I imagine many will prefer it. It is a nice package but not what I am looking for.
Old 08-09-02, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Ginsu
The end of the first quarter of play the score was 14-7 and I had not hiked the ball yet!

Explain please......
Old 08-09-02, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by JaxComet

Explain please......
prolly kick/punt returns and interceptions.
Old 08-09-02, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Ginsu
It is going back.
Dang!

Unless "the Pig" and some others come through with stellar reviews im going to stay with 2k3.
Old 08-09-02, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Since the other two are only a week away, I guess I'll just wait until we have reviews of all three......

Since when can you take a game back just because you don't like it? I thought once it was opened it was yours.......
Old 08-09-02, 09:19 AM

Since when can you take a game back just because you don't like it? I thought once it was opened it was yours.......
Eb gives you 14 days to return the game even if you don't like it.
Old 08-09-02, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by kegman

Eb gives you 14 days to return the game even if you don't like it.
Shoot...I guess we dont have to rent games anymore. Just "buy it" from them and return if you dont like it.
Old 08-09-02, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Well, it's actually 10 days.
Old 08-09-02, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by tygloalex
Well, it's actually 10 days.
Still better than $6 for 7 days at BBV. Im not saying Id use it to rent games, only games I have all intentions of buying...but then suckekek.
Old 08-09-02, 10:54 AM

So....

Could I take Madden 2002 and NFL2k2 X-Box to EB in exchange for NFL Fever 2003 and then trade NFL Fever 2003 for NFL 2k3 next week?

If so, I am there!

Oh, and does GameSpot have the same policy? (They are a little closer to me...)

Last edited by agrall; 08-09-02 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-09-02, 11:07 AM

My feeling is that if you liked Fever 2002, you will like Fever 2003. The gameplay is the same, but the AI is much improved.

Also, the graphics have been tweaked to run smoother and look better. For instance, I always noticed in 2002 that as the camera panned down to the QB right before the snap, you could see a jump in the animation when player control became active. That's gone in 2003. Overall everything looks a little better.

2003 also has the play editor and is compatible with Xbox Live! in November.
Old 08-09-02, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by boobietheclown
Shoot...I guess we dont have to rent games anymore. Just "buy it" from them and return if you dont like it.
Except that if you don't like the game you picked up for the return, you are NOT able to bring that one back for a return. You used to be able to do this and it took EB a few years to catch on to this.

So be sure to return for a game you know will be good or you'll be screwed again.
Old 08-09-02, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yep, a pretty decent perk from EB that will soon go away by these guys abusing it.
If I were EB, I wouldn't allow that policy on new sports games. Most of these guys have no intention of keeping these games, they just want something to play until Madden comes out or try every NFL game for free before deciding on one. So EB is stuck with copies of NFL Fever they can't sell as new (which drives up the price of the used copies).

Doug
Old 08-09-02, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by Doug Schiller
Yep, a pretty decent perk from EB that will soon go away by these guys abusing it.
If I were EB, I wouldn't allow that policy on new sports games. Most of these guys have no intention of keeping these games, they just want something to play until Madden comes out or try every NFL game for free before deciding on one. So EB is stuck with copies of NFL Fever they can't sell as new (which drives up the price of the used copies).

Doug
Can't sell as new? I don't know about the EB's where you're from, but around here if a game is returned and it's not defective, it's re-shrinkwrapped and sold as new.
Old 08-09-02, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Doug
Im sorry did you even read where I said I wouldnt abuse it?

Generalize much?
Old 08-09-02, 12:35 PM

No kidding...

I mean, if the game is worth keeping, it's worth keeping...

If not, I'll trade it in...
Old 08-09-02, 01:20 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by boobietheclown

Im sorry did you even read where I said I wouldnt abuse it?

Generalize much?
Obviously if you abused it this thread wouldn't even exist since you would have "rented" through them. I think Doug is referring to Ginsu who did seem to "rent" the game by this comment "I plan on trying 2k3 and Madden this year in hopes of getting a pro game I like.". But I could be off?

As for the game, see Plasmar's review. It's a lot like 2002 except with Online support. If you aren't familiar with 2002 then I could be more descriptive. Let me know. I think it's a good game with a bad rep (what did EGM give it?).
Old 08-09-02, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by agrall
Oh, and does GameSpot have the same policy? (They are a little closer to me...)
I think GameSpot/Software Etc/Babbages have a 7 day policy.
Old 08-09-02, 06:11 PM

They finally changed the policy to this after years of potential abuse of unlimited game returns on one purchase. And if that "perk" ever completely disappeared, so would a lot of EB business.

There's two reasons to buy at EB: the return policy and timely delivery of the newest games. Knock out one of these pillars and EB would probably be looking to close 200 old stores this year instead of opening 200 new ones.

As for Fever, general word of mouth from people I trust is that it seems as though the developers didn't go all out. I could understand a little-revised revamp if you're tops in sales with a proven franchise that has many previous years of improvement under its belt. Fever 2002, however, fell into the "pretty decent first effort; plenty of potential" category. And, sadly, I don't get the feeling that anybody will say Fever 2003 lived up to that potential.
Old 08-10-02, 12:05 AM

So far, I am not very impressed by Fever...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.