Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

ps2 hookup question

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-02, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ps2 hookup question

Yo, let me describe what I have, I got a sony wega, kenwood reciever and the ps2. I want to hook up my ps2 via s-video cable but just wondering something. S-video is both available on my tv and reciever, but i would rather have it hooked up to my reciver since their is an s-video output right on the front and saves me from going behind the tv and pluggin it in and taking it out everytime i remove it. Now on my tv, there are 4 video/input/line channels whatever you want to call them for all the different inputs I have on my tv, but when i hook it up to the s-vid on the reciever, the picture dosent come up, i was wondering what channel would it show up on.
Old 08-07-02, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's video 1 on mine.
Old 08-07-02, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My friend said that the only way i could play it thru the svideo on my reciever is if i have my reciver hooked up to my tv by s video

seems like a waste to me unless you have 2 s video cables, i suppose its not a big deal, I'll just plug it into the back of the television

thanks
Old 08-07-02, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh, is your receiver hooked up to your TV with a composite cable?
Old 08-07-02, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, you'll need an s-video conection from your receiver to the TV and an s-video connection from the PS2 to the receiver. I have my cable (replayTV) hooked into video 1, PS2 on video 2 and Gamecube/N64/SNES all on video 3 (with a switchbox). Everything goes into the receiver with s-video and out to the TV with s-video.

It's not a waste if you need more than one s-video input and your TV only has one. If you don't have other things using the connections (and won't have to switch out the cables all the time) then it is prettty useless. I need 5 s-video connections (I needed 6 before I hooked my DVD player up via component) so it works perfectly for me.