Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

How is the shipping times from Amazon Canada to the US??....

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 08-07-02, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have placed an order for the CSI half season box set that is available in Canada only. I am wondering how long it will take to ship and get in NJ? Are they like Amazon US who ships the release date?

Also, anyone have any coupons for Amazon Canada?
Old 08-07-02, 09:45 AM

I bought "Star Trek TNG Season 3" from Amazon.ca. They shipped it on the release date and I got it 3 days later (I'm in Michigan).
-John
Old 08-07-02, 12:10 PM
ngp
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've bought from Amazon.ca and a couple of others from Cananda and have never had an issue.

Many times, I end up getting a few dollars off buying from Cananda and the service has been great.

(I'm in Boston)
Old 08-07-02, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They had 3 different shipping methods. I upgraded to the middle one. It was a dollar or 2 more(thanks to currency conversion).
Old 08-07-02, 03:27 PM

are the DVDs cheaper?
Old 08-07-02, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The box sets are usually cheaper. I picked up the Law & Order season 1 set for $57 delivered. Whereas, the cheapest I have seen it here. Is for $69.99 plu shipping. They also sell dvd's not available in the US. Such as the CSI 1/2 season box set.
Old 08-07-02, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by abercrombieboy
are the DVDs cheaper?
I think it depends on the title, but I got Sopranos season 3 thru them for 52.00 in US funds, about 56.00 with shipping. I also have on pre order the Dr Who Key to Time Set (67.00 US funds) and the Are You Being Served set for about 61.00. Those prices are considerably cheaper than I could find at any other online retalier.
Old 08-07-02, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

[sarcasm]The shipping time is great![/sarcasm] I preordered a dvd (I'm in Canada mind you) on June 29th, it came out on July 16th and it directly went to backorder and never shipped so I'm still waiting.

do NOT order from Amazon.ca, I have heard much more bad experiences than good. My friend's dvd was scratched as the spindle thing was busted, they said they would ship him a box to send it back and never even did so. Other people preordered like me and the dvd said 'ships in 4-6 weeks' the day after release. My brother also preordered a dvd and cancelled it after a few days after the release date and the dvd still not having shipped.