Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Who else thinks Enclave is awesome

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-02, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who else thinks Enclave is awesome

I have been playing this game since it came out. It's awesome. After I beat levels I go back and play them again. I can't get enough of this game. A lot of people complained about the difficulty and save points. I don't think you need the save points. The game is just right the way it is.
Old 08-06-02, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I returned it yesterday. It wasn't the lack of save points that bothered me (although I'm sure that was coming). It was just incredibly average. I need to rent more games before buying.
Old 08-06-02, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
Mine won't work. It just skips and stutters and freezes. I exchanged it for another copy - same thing. I know it's the game and not my X-Box, because my other 14 games still work just fine.

But I guess I'm stuck with it since Best Buy wont give me a refund. I'll just keep exchanging it until I get a good copy - or until they get sick of me and give me a refund.
Old 08-07-02, 08:27 AM

I can't believe no one else likes this game here. My friend has it and he can't stop playing it either.
Old 08-07-02, 12:43 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One man's trash is another's treasure. I might check it out when it comes to the Gamecube. I doubt I'll like it though give the gripes in the reviews and the fact that I never liked these "hack and slash" games.
Old 08-08-02, 01:06 AM

I love Enclave! Easily my favorite game (Xbox or PS2) of the year so far. I've been playing it nonstop since the day it was released.....
Old 08-08-02, 07:59 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Another love for Enclave. I just wish I had the time to play it. Luckily I have tommorow off. I think all the criticisms about the save, quick death make it a better game IMHO. If not more challenging. Only 4 levels into the game. We will see if my opinion changes.
Old 08-08-02, 08:14 AM

What is the quick death that everyone talks about? It never happened to me.
Old 08-08-02, 01:01 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Lets see if I can get this right. The quick death to me means the traps. The only one I encountered so far was the one on level four. Remember the room with the skeletons? After you enter the room the spikes rise out of the floor and impail you. This happened to me the first time. It reminds me of some of the things in Tomb Raider. Similiarly, in Tomb Raider you had to start the level over. Or at least I remember that being the case. It is ok as long as there are not too many of those things in one level.

Plus it seems there are pits, and ledges , etc to avoid that mean instant death. Thats obvious. I do remeber getting past the skeletons on level four and jumping acrooss the broken bridge and the orcs come busting out of the wall. I jumped (literally) and made the warrior fall into the abyss (between the broken bridge) Technically, another instant death.

Its not like Halo where you need alot of checkpoints. Knowing that made you have the option of going Rambo. So far, Enclave levels are not very large which allows for the lack of a mid-level save.
Old 08-08-02, 03:10 PM
Banned

I guess I'll have to give this game a rent soon.

-Jim
Old 08-09-02, 06:28 AM

The farther you get in this game the better it gets. I don't even want to beat it just because I enjoy playing it.
Old 08-10-02, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm sold. gonna buy it now