Reload this Page >

OXM #11 October - The Disc

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-06-02, 04:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

It's a month away since #10 just came out, but in the very back of this September issue they disclose a bit of juicy info about the next issue. Here's a direct quote...

On The Disc
Because I've been so flawless with my predictions in the past, the government has passed a law forbidding disc prognostication. And that makes it really hard because next month we've got one heck of a disc. You know what? No one's going to care if I just let one game sneak out. Will they? I'll keep all the rest secret, and it's not like the department of precrime will know what I'm doing before I do it, right? So here's one game demo that will be on the disc...

(shatter of glass breaking)

Put me down! I didn't do anything! Sega GT 2002 is coming on the disc! Vanilla Coke is made of pandas! TELL THE PEOPLE!
kinda ghey, but still - that's awesome news. Also - if I'm reading this right, it might also be hinting that the disc will also include a Minority Report demo or at least a video... speculation speculation... at least we get Sega GT 2002. I played it at E3 and it kicks ass.
Old 08-06-02, 04:32 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking forward to it, alot of big games coming out in the October timeframe, so hopefully some good demos!

Also, one wonders if the November/December demos, and future demos, will have content that supports Xbox Live.. would be nice to get a tasty date sensitive trial of a game on xbox live...

maybe the demo for the game works for a month orsomething to try it out online, and then you gotta buy the full game to continuie your character/playing online.

-Jim
Old 08-06-02, 04:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by YujiNaka
Looking forward to it, alot of big games coming out in the October timeframe, so hopefully some good demos!

Also, one wonders if the November/December demos, and future demos, will have content that supports Xbox Live.. would be nice to get a tasty date sensitive trial of a game on xbox live...

maybe the demo for the game works for a month orsomething to try it out online, and then you gotta buy the full game to continuie your character/playing online.

-Jim
That's a freakin good idea. Probably won't happen, but it would be cool if it did.
Old 08-06-02, 02:04 PM
Banned

Thanks.
-Jim
Old 08-06-02, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
If Sega GT lives up anywhere near to my expectations for the way the cars drive I will get it. I love all the classic cars included as long as it drives well I will defintelly buy it.
Old 08-06-02, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hopefully the disc will actually run this time. My Xbox can't read the one I got this month and last month's was pretty iffy. All my game discs run fine, but the demo discs have been very shoddy.
Old 08-06-02, 10:08 PM

Anyone have problems with the disc for #10 that just hit? My X-box can't read the included disc.
Old 08-07-02, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah - I started a thread about it. Try boiling the disc.