Reload this Page >

Need Eternal Darkness Help

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-05-02, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I searched for that help thread, but couldn't find it anymore...

Anyway, here's what i can't figure out:

(i'll use spoiler tags incase there is one person with a gamecube out there that hasn't played this yet)

Spoiler:
In the chapter where you play as Peter Jacobs, the boss you fight at the end. i can't beat him. i figured out that you shoot the three "balls" that he fires at you (or dodge them) and then fire a three point magical attack at him. what i can't seem to get is... in the next part, when he "closes" the space that you fight in, and the he summons the zombies to come at you, how can you cause him pain? i can never time it right. i've only been able to make him "flash" once, but by the time i finished casting the attack spell, he is not flashing anymore and my attack is wasted. any ideas on how powerful the spell should be here in the second part (can i get away with a 3 pointer, or should i up the ante and go for 5 or 7?)

thanks
Old 08-05-02, 11:58 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spoiler:
You still have to use magical attacks to hit him when he flashes. You just have to time them right, you can't wait until he starts flashing.

Usually around the time the last zombie pops up works good for a 7 point one, which will end that round in one hit. Wait a little longer if you want to use a 3 point as it casts quicker. It will take three hits with the 3 point one.

and how to do the next part.

Spoiler:

There's still one more round, but it's more of the same, just no zombies. Just wait for the boss to wear himself out swatting at you (or whatever depending which alignment you're on as there's a different boss for each one) he'll hunch over the, nail him with a 3 pt spell. You can do a 7 point one again, but it's a bitch to get the timing down.

Old 08-05-02, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
Spoiler:
You still have to use magical attacks to hit him when he flashes. You just have to time them right, you can't wait until he starts flashing.

Usually around the time the last zombie pops up works good for a 7 point one, which will end that round in one hit. Wait a little longer if you want to use a 3 point as it casts quicker. It will take three hits with the 3 point one.

and how to do the next part.

Spoiler:

There's still one more round, but it's more of the same, just no zombies. Just wait for the boss to wear himself out swatting at you (or whatever depending which alignment you're on as there's a different boss for each one) he'll hunch over the, nail him with a 3 pt spell. You can do a 7 point one again, but it's a bitch to get the timing down.

Spoiler:

do i need to use 7 pointers on the guy, or can multiple 3 pointers get him?
Old 08-05-02, 01:04 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Spoiler:
It takes 3 3-points, 2 5-points, or 1 7-point to take you to the next stage
Old 08-05-02, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

thanks for the help. my problem was that i was timing everything poorly....