DVD Talk
Sheffield with Walk off Homer in Bottom of 9th for Braves Sweep [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Sheffield with Walk off Homer in Bottom of 9th for Braves Sweep

wiz
08-04-02, 11:34 PM
Down go the Cards...2-1 the final. Only 1 hit given up by Atlanta pitchers (8 innings by Moss and 1 by Smoltz who got the win). Day off tomorrow....

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=220804115

Oh, and he hit it one handed too. :D

shizawn
08-05-02, 12:46 AM
great pitching match. even better ending! :)

Damian Moss is now 6th in the league in ERA. Nice!

El Scorcho
08-05-02, 01:07 AM
He's 1st in the league with the worst sideburns too!

das Monkey
08-05-02, 02:23 AM
Best part of this game was Joe Morgan's insistance that Marquis was out when you could clearly see his left foot slide over the bag, before he stumbled off to the side. Poor Miller kept trying to sneak in that he thought he was safe, but Morgan just wouldn't shut up. I'm surprised that play didn't lead into a story about how the Big Red Machine would never had let that happen.

das

wiz
08-05-02, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by DTSC
He's 1st in the league with the worst sideburns too!
They're not nearly as bad as they used to be, or as bad as Ligtenberg's are.

Wonder who has the worst mullet in Baseball? Randy Johnson used too...Curt was sporting a nice mullet for a while too...

twikoff
08-05-02, 06:44 AM
i turned the game on late.. and moss had a 1 hitter through 8 innings, without allowing an earned run.. yet he was losing 1-0 thanks to the braves error..
definitly would have been a tough loss to take.. good think the braves rallied in the 8th and 9th.. although it sucks that they waited so late that he ended up with a no decision.
benes pitched a pretty good game too.. good thing pujols cant catch ;)

das Monkey
08-05-02, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by twikoff
good thing pujols cant catch ;)

Same can be said for Helms. Good thing he can play 3B as well as Castilla ... oh wait. :)

das

Patman
08-05-02, 07:22 AM
I think Benes throwing 79-83 MPH consistently was totally throwing the Braves hitters off. But then Veres shows up throwing the same speed, and by then Sheffield was ready for it. :D

evenflow
08-05-02, 09:24 AM
Yeah! Smoltz got the win! I love those cheap closer wins! :)

Geofferson
08-05-02, 10:20 AM
Watched the end of the game. Awesome!!! Sheffield golfed that one out!

IdgIe49
08-05-02, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by das Monkey
Best part of this game was Joe Morgan's insistance that Marquis was out when you could clearly see his left foot slide over the bag, before he stumbled off to the side. Poor Miller kept trying to sneak in that he thought he was safe, but Morgan just wouldn't shut up. I'm surprised that play didn't lead into a story about how the Big Red Machine would never had let that happen.

das

no way. he was out by a mile. :D

AndyCapps
08-05-02, 10:58 AM
:(

Nice way to ruin Andy's ass kicking outing. It figures good ol' Veres would give up a walk off homer. Ishringhausen wasn't even in town because his wife is giving birth.