Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Meet My Folks - 7/31 ?

Static Cling
08-02-02, 12:09 PM
Did they air an episode this past Wednesday? Or maybe my TiVo didn't pick it up? I really wanted to see this one, too, with the dad being a drill instructor. :(

IdgIe49
08-02-02, 12:22 PM
Yeah it was on. They picked the guy the daughter didnt want. :)

Patman
08-02-02, 12:26 PM
I see a pattern of this happening a lot on this show. Why would any parents pick the guy that their daughter really wants (mainly on a physical level) vs. a stand-up guy that does nothing for their daughter, and thus would not "get her in trouble". :)

das Monkey
08-02-02, 02:00 PM
Yeah, it was pretty stupid again. Parents pick the guy the daughter is least likely to do anything with, meaning they'll both use the trip to hook up with some stranger. Great going, Dad.

das

Patman
08-03-02, 09:53 AM
The parents should not be allowed to ask the daughter who she prefers (or just lie to them just to mess with the parents' minds).

Static Cling
08-03-02, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Patman
The parents should not be allowed to ask the daughter who she prefers (or just lie to them just to mess with the parents' minds). Agreed, it shouldn't be a part of the game. I was wondering if girls will eventually start faking out their parents. :)

Wormwood
08-05-02, 12:35 AM
I thought the parents were ****ing nuts for choosing Amir. Especially after he lied through several questions during the polygraph test.

Static Cling
08-05-02, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Wormwood
I thought the parents were ****ing nuts for choosing Amir. Especially after he lied through several questions during the polygraph test. And we all know how accurate polygraph tests are. :)

Wormwood
08-05-02, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Static Cling
And we all know how accurate polygraph tests are. :)

True, but I still think that Jonathan was the better choice for her.

das Monkey
08-05-02, 09:24 AM
I like how each episode is completely identical to the previous one. Oh wait ... did I say "like" ... oops.

das

Patman
08-05-02, 10:06 AM
They should rename the show: "Groundhog Day Meet My Folks"

das Monkey
08-05-02, 10:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE> Quoth Patman <HR SIZE=1>They should rename the show: "Groundhog Day Meet My Folks" <HR SIZE=1></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about these catchy titles:

"My Daughter, the Whore"
"Pimp Knows Best"
"Who Wants to Date a Whore?"

or quite simply ... "Pimp Daddy"

das

Patman
08-05-02, 12:59 PM
"Lie and cheat your way into my daughter's heart"

Wormwood
08-05-02, 09:13 PM
The only reason I watch this show is because I like the part where the embarassing secrets are told and when their ex-gf's come in and they can't say a thing.

Heat
08-08-02, 01:32 PM
So in the 7/31 episode, what were the guys required to do or ask during the first dinner with the folks?

What really strange habits or backgrounds came out about the guys?

Any interesting questions asked during the lie detector stage?

Groucho
08-08-02, 01:39 PM
Part of what makes this show work is the surprise factor. The contestants are surprised by each of the things that happens (the dirt, the girlfriends, the videos, etc).

The format is exactly the same for each episode (that I've seen), however. So any contestants who have seen the show now that it's been on will no what to expect, thus lessening the impact of the surprises. As such, the show has a very limited shelf life a la what happened to Tom Green.