Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Res. E. the movie vs. Res. E. the games???

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 07-31-02, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I own and have beaten Resedent Evil on Gamecube, but that is the only RE game I've played. (I got behind the times and decided the GC version was the best place to star. Good Lordy it was.)
Also I just saw the Resedent Evil movie, and DAMNIT I shoulda seen it in the movies. *points the finger at his Fiancee*

Posible movie and RE1 spoilers ahead, maybe....

Anyways, I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, and that includes myself, but....

1) I take it the movie takes place during the second game?
2) Is there a game that paralells the movie? (game 2?)
3) The mansion in the movie IS the mansion in the Game 1, ja? (has to be, so I guess they cleaned up there a little between game one and game 2)
4) The end of the movie, where she is in the hospital and then in the street with the shotgun, is that game 3?

and most importantly...
Are they making any more RE - remakes for GameCube like the First one? (that had to be the sweetest horror/survival I've played)

And lastly: should I go rent RE 2,3,.... for PSX now or wait for a posible supirior remake?
Old 07-31-02, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1) No.
2) No.
3) The closest mansion it resembles is the mansion from Code Veronica (were they the same mansion?).
4) It looks like RE2 at the end of the movie, but the next movie is called "Nemesis", which was RE3's name.

edited for incorrect information and clarity

Last edited by cartman; 07-31-02 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-31-02, 11:03 PM
Retired

They are just porting the rest of the RE games, not remaking them like the first one. They'll probably look on par with the Dreamcast or in CV's case, PS2 ports.

RE0 is brand new and should look even better than the RE remake.

RE4 is hard to tell as the producer says in the latest EGM it will take the series in a new direction and he's considering a new control scheme.
Old 07-31-02, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
They are just porting the rest of the RE games, not remaking them like the first one. They'll probably look on par with the Dreamcast or in CV's case, PS2 ports.
GASP! I though they were remaking 2 and 3 .
Old 07-31-02, 11:12 PM
Retired

Nope, just staight ports. Capcom said they "haven't changed a single polygon."
Old 08-01-02, 12:12 AM

Yeah, the games are straight ports but I read that they will be priced at $19.99 like the DC ports of the games. Hopefully, they'll be ports of the higher res PC games and not the PSX ones.

The movie takes place during the 1st game and she wakes up at the end between the beginning of part 3 and the ending of part 2. Director Paul Anderson has stated that the 2nd movie will feature Jill and Carlos from the 3rd game in order to bring the movie series into the game's storyline.

The mansion in the movie is a different one in Raccoon City. The mansion from the movie is from what I can tell a 1 level, ranch style home and you needed to take an underground train to reach the lab facility. The lab in the 1st game was kinda small compared to the movie's and was almost directly under the mansion. The mansion in Code: Veronica is in Europe and on an army training base.
Old 08-01-02, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

No, it takes place before RE1

no

3) The mansion in the movie IS the mansion in the Game 1, ja? (has to be, so I guess they cleaned up there a little between game one and game 2)

No

4) The end of the movie, where she is in the hospital and then in the street with the shotgun, is that game 3?

the end is at the beginning of the game RE2 but who knows when they will pick it up on the movie time line
Old 08-01-02, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton

No, it takes place before RE1

no

No

the end is at the beginning of the game RE2 but who knows when they will pick it up on the movie time line
Well since the tentative name for the second film is RE:Nemesis Im guessing that the next movei takes place just as the Re 3 scenario is beginning, and or ending.
Old 08-02-02, 07:01 AM

Well, all I know is that Resident Evil 2 (the game) was scarier than Resident Evil the movie.

I'd have preferred to watch someone play the game for 101 minutes that watch that movie.

Also, I thought the movie mansion looked like the mansion from the first video game, especially the room with the long dining table that you go into to the left of the stairs as you enter the mansion in the game.