Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon.ca has the WORST service around

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-02, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazon.com has never failed me so I thought Amazon.ca would be the same, but wow, they offer the suckiest service I have yet to ever encounter. I'm starting to think that Express.com's newest venture is Amazon.ca. I PRE-ORDERED an anime dvd from them in late June that was being released in mid-July. I checked on the release date and it had no shipped and the site already showed 'ships within 1-2 weeks' when it's just 1 day old. My account showed that I would be receiving between July 18th to 24th. On the 19th (release date being the 16th in Canada), I Email'ed to ask where my order was in a nice way and got my shipping waived and a message saying they would 'look into it and get back to me within 1-2 days). Well, on the 30th, 11 days later, I was still waiting for my dvd and Email'ed them again using sarcasm quite a bit. Anyways, I get an Email today saying :

'Sometimes, unexpected fluctuations in supply can add time to our original availability estimate. We have learned that "Vandread, Vol. 4: Pressure" is now back-ordered, and our supplier has not been able to let us know exactly when they expect to have more in stock. I apologize that you were not notified sooner of this change in availability..'

I mean, how in the bloody hell can a NEW RELEASE go on back order within 1 day of it being released!!! Now my only choice is to wait for this one or pay an extra 10-15$ to get it from another website because I missed all the preorder deals. I mean what a f***ing joke, why not just charge my card and not ship the dvd, it's what you seem to be planning to do anyways!

All I can say is USE AMAZON.COM, take your chances with the exchange, the customs, the damage or whatever, at least they SHIP dvd's which is something Amazon.ca has obviously not learned how to do. At this rate, my preorder will result in my getting my dvd over a month after the release date, would someone remind me again why I preorder?
Old 07-31-02, 11:08 PM

Have you seen it much at B&Ms? I'm wondering if the manufacturer is behind schedule.
Old 07-31-02, 11:19 PM
Banned

My Solution

I never wait for online vendors to get me the products I ordered. I just buy another one as soon as they come out at my local B&M store. I don't even care what the price is. As soon as I get my online order, I will take THAT back to the B&M store for a full refund.

That way I can always use the products as soon as they are released and also take advantage of some online deals.

Yes, a little inconvenient but no overly so. Works well.
Old 08-01-02, 01:10 AM

Isn't that a form of fraud?
Old 08-01-02, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It probably never was in stock at all. The computer just figured that since it was the release date that there would be copies, but when people started to order it, the computer (or the tech guy) realized the mistake and fixed it (aka put the item status on backorder). Moral of the story: screw Amazon.ca.
Old 08-07-02, 07:29 PM

Yeah, reviving my threads to warn people to NOT order from Amazon.ca

August 7th,

Yes, apparently my DVD will never get here. You can backorder it all the ****ing way to the moon for all I care, why does it still show as ships in 1-2 weeks when my preorder is now 3 weeks late.

I have swayed my family and friends to never order from you again and whenever people ask me for an opinion as to wether to use your site or not (on forums, work, etc...), I make sure to tell them NO!! because you offer the worst service in the world.

I will not order from you again and have cancelled the order listed above. When I saw that Amazon.ca was going to open, I was very happy, well paying customs for orders has never looked any better. It's a stiff world for competition, if it was not that you had the name 'Amazon', you would already have gone out of business.