PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Official DVDTalk Smallball League Thread pt. LVIII

Canis Firebrand
07-31-02, 03:08 PM
Season 7

Previous Thread:
http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=226094

Premiership (http://www.sd-1.com/smallball/standings.php?div=Premiership)
First Division (http://www.sd-1.com/smallball/standings.php?div=First%20Division)
Second Division (http://www.sd-1.com/smallball/standings.php?div=Second%20Division)
Third Division (http://www.sd-1.com/smallball/standings.php?div=Third%20Division)

DVDTalk SmallBall stats thread (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=225757)
League Page Forum (http://sd-1.com/boards/index.php?act=SC&c=19)
League News (http://www.sd-1.com/smallball/index.php)
Download the game (http://www.smallball.com)
Team Logos (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=219516)
Web Site Stats (http://www.webtrendslive.com/wtl_system/report/summary.asp?siteid=141001&public=on)

Canis Firebrand
07-31-02, 03:10 PM
Seems the other one got a bit long. I'm sure twikoff would have gotten to it...

[Only twikoff can read] Don't be mad at me for creating the new thread.[/Only twikoff can read]

.. But I figured it wouldn't hurt to start the new thread.

IdgIe49
07-31-02, 03:13 PM
Wheres your best of the rest link? I still get to show off my trophy ya know . :p

Canis Firebrand
07-31-02, 03:14 PM
Heh.. I just copied everything that was in twikoff's first post from the previous thread. So, if it wasn't there,, blame him for it missing. ;)

jonw9
07-31-02, 03:15 PM
Imported from the last thread:

Mostly to Darkelf:

I know this is probably getting old but...
what is an acceptable loss in skill per day?

I recall players have a theoretical max of 100?

so losing <5 (or 5%) a day isn't too bad. I mean that way if you pitch 1/2 pie every other day, than that will keep the pitcher alternating between 90 and 100%?

das Monkey
07-31-02, 03:15 PM
Did someone just break an unwritten rule? Can I charge the mound? Please.

das

shadowhawk2020
07-31-02, 03:18 PM
I can't believe it I lost to doug :( Where are the rest of the signs of the apocolypse? :)

Shadow

das Monkey
07-31-02, 03:23 PM
We all hate to see forfeits occurring in the league and even worse when there's a dead team. So, what I'm proposing is a new rule regarding forfeits.

If your team forfeits, let's say, 6 games during the entire season then you'll be removed from league play. Playing in the league is a commitment for 12 days. If you can't fulfill that commitment then there should be some kind of penalty.

There are some issues that arise with this proposal. A team can really only be removed from league play if there's teams waiting to get in. If there's no one waiting to get into league play then obviously I can't bench the team since it would leave the divisions unbalanced.

Please post some comments about this. This proposal is about getting active teams into the league and new teams in.

I just saw this now, but I'll interject. I have a HUGE problem with this. Last season I forfeited two games, because two teams who were supposed to challenge me didn't. That, in and of itself, sounds ridiculously absurd, but when I complained, no one cared, so I assume it's policy and could happen again.

Now, with this new rule, if enough teams decide not to play their games against me, I'll get kicked out of the league? Losing two games in a season due to no fault of my own was silly enough ... now this? I vote NO.

das

Blake
07-31-02, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by das Monkey

I just saw this now, but I'll interject. I have a HUGE problem with this. Last season I forfeited two games, because two teams who were supposed to challenge me didn't. That, in and of itself, sounds ridiculously absurd, but when I complained, no one cared, so I assume it's policy and could happen again.

Now, with this new rule, if enough teams decide not to play their games against me, I'll get kicked out of the league? Losing two games in a season due to no fault of my own was silly enough ... now this? I vote NO.

das It is not considered a forfeit for you if the other team doesn't initiate - only a forfeit for them...

The only way you'll be kicked out of the league is if you don't initiate 6 of the 10 games.

DarkElf
07-31-02, 03:30 PM
I think 6 is too many forfeits. We're being generous. This is a baseball league, so how about 3 strikes and you're out?

Canis Firebrand
07-31-02, 03:33 PM
Or what about missing 3 consecutive days? That, to me, would be an indicator that you have no wish to play in the league. Unless you put your team on vacation mode, or somehow get word out to the comish here.

DarkElf
07-31-02, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by jon-w9
Imported from the last thread:

Mostly to Darkelf:

I know this is probably getting old but...
what is an acceptable loss in skill per day?

I recall players have a theoretical max of 100?

so losing <5 (or 5%) a day isn't too bad. I mean that way if you pitch 1/2 pie every other day, than that will keep the pitcher alternating between 90 and 100%?

5 skill points a day? :eek: Whoa, that's way too many. My best pitchers lose 2, maybe 3 in a 24 hour period initially, then even less than that after a few days.

Canis Firebrand
07-31-02, 03:35 PM
Somehow, I really think that Hi-Ho wants to be in the proleague next season. #1 on the qualification list, 26-2 record.

What other teams are trying to make it this season? I'll volunteer to keep a list, that I update daily, or current DvdTalk league teams that are on the qualification list.

shadowhawk2020
07-31-02, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Vryce
Somehow, I really think that Hi-Ho wants to be in the proleague next season. #1 on the qualification list, 26-2 record.

I will send my scrubs at him :)

SHadow

das Monkey
07-31-02, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Blake
It is not considered a forfeit for you if the other team doesn't initiate - only a forfeit for them...

The only way you'll be kicked out of the league is if you don't initiate 6 of the 10 games.

Tell that to my forfeits from last season from games that someone else was supposed to initiate but didn't.

das

dancinns
07-31-02, 04:56 PM

das
not to be picky or anything but there is a reason why there's a "comments" link underneath that post :D

You really only have to worry about 6 games. Besides, there's nothing really to worry about when there's no one on the waiting list. If there's no one waiting to get in then I can't really drop your team out because the divisions would be unbalanced. It would take a special situation for a team to be dropped out anyway.

Y2K Falcon
07-31-02, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by dancinns
the divisions would be unbalanced.
Which is great, since it will make us more like major league baseball, with its unbalanced schedule!

I have a concern with that rule, and will add a 'comment' myself now.

dancinns
07-31-02, 05:00 PM
I've got a question, how come one of my best hitters, Matt Hardy, is only hitting in the low .200s? He's #5 in power, #1 in skill, #3 in contact.

das Monkey
07-31-02, 05:01 PM
not to be picky or anything but there is a reason why there's a "comments" link underneath that post :D

You really only have to worry about 6 games. Besides, there's nothing really to worry about when there's no one on the waiting list. If there's no one waiting to get in then I can't really drop your team out because the divisions would be unbalanced. It would take a special situation for a team to be dropped out anyway.

Apologies. I saw the phrase "Please post some comments about this" and didn't think you meant to post there. You say "post" I think "DVD Talk". Someone say's "posthumous" and I think, I don't know a user named "humous." Sorry for the mistake.

Still, I am absolutely amazed that I'm in the minority in finding this overwhelmingly absurd. By itself, the 6 game thing makes sense, but in conjunction with the forfeit rules, if six guys just decide not to play me one season, then I'm kicked out of the league?

Like I said in another post, I'm just going to stop initiating my games so I'll win them by forfeit if this is the way we're going to do things.

das

Y2K Falcon
07-31-02, 05:02 PM
I've got a question, how come one of my best hitters, Matt Hardy, is only hitting in the low .200s? He's #5 in power, #1 in skill, #3 in contact.
Just a thought:

Slump induced by the embarrassment that his penis is smaller than his girlfriend's?

dancinns
Originally posted by Y2K Falcon

Which is great, since it will make us more like major league baseball, with its unbalanced schedule!

I have a concern with that rule, and will add a 'comment' myself now.
The divisions would be unbalanced in terms of like 11-11-11-10...so the Third Division would only play 18 games in this scenario.

mgfred
Originally posted by shadowhawk2020
I can't believe it I lost to doug :( Where are the rest of the signs of the apocolypse? :)

Shadow

The sign was you won both games yesterday, anytime you start off that good you know trouble is awaiting! :)

das Monkey

I have the same problem. Joe "Don't Get Hit on the Head" Mannix is 4th Contact, 2nd Skill, and 2nd Power. He can't break the Mendoza line.

das

Y2K Falcon
07-31-02, 05:04 PM
if six guys just decide not to play me one season, then I'm kicked out of the league?

das

But no one would do that, das. We rely on games against you to get our w/l % back up after that damn_fred attacks us! :D

mgfred
07-31-02, 05:07 PM

He needs more at bats! Actually I have a guy like that too, he never gains much power either after that #5 point and is only batting .191

Over the course of the season things may improve, you may want to find another role for him....

Y2K Falcon
07-31-02, 05:08 PM
I have a theory on that...

#5 in power, combined with the other rankings MAY mean that he puts ALOT of balls in play, and hits them WELL. But because his power is STRONG he doesn't get the benefit of the bloop singles that the 'weaker' players get singles for and hits them right to the outfielders. And because he isn't quite strong ENOUGH, he doesn't get the hits off the wall or the homers that the REAL power hitters get. At least that's what I see from my team...

I'm actually thinking of making my 150-250 ft hitting guys get weaker and just Texas Leaguer everyone to death!

Joe

das Monkey
07-31-02, 05:09 PM
But no one would do that, das. We rely on games against you go get our w/l % back up after that damn_fred attacks us! :D

:lol:

Well, I guess that makes sense. Still, last season teams didn't initiate games against me -- someone must have forgotten to tell them I was an easy win -- and I had to forfeit those games, a concept that baffles me more than a woman's logic.

das

dancinns
07-31-02, 05:10 PM

Apologies. I saw the phrase "Please post some comments about this" and didn't think you meant to post there. You say "post" I think "DVD Talk". Someone say's "posthumous" and I think, I don't know a user named "humous." Sorry for the mistake.

Still, I am absolutely amazed that I'm in the minority in finding this overwhelmingly absurd. By itself, the 6 game thing makes sense, but in conjunction with the forfeit rules, if six guys just decide not to play me one season, then I'm kicked out of the league?

Like I said in another post, I'm just going to stop initiating my games so I'll win them by forfeit if this is the way we're going to do things.

das
I don't think people here would intentionally not play you causing a forfeit. We'd all catch on and he/she would hear it from us.

Maybe I should make it a bit more clear...The 6 forfeits would come from the games you failed to initiate. If you go on vacation and someone doesn't play games for you then they get the forfeit, not you. So, not initiating games for 6 days is pretty much a sign that your team is dead.

We're all friends here (I hope) so if you have a problem initiating a game just say so and people would be more than glad to help you out.

mgfred
07-31-02, 05:11 PM

The divisions would be unbalanced in terms of like 11-11-11-10...so the Third Division would only play 18 games in this scenario.

I think this is a good time to bring up something I talked to Dancinns about earlier.

When going on vacation, change your smallball password to something generic you can remember. Email the info to Dancinns and Copenhagen including your vacation dates. If they see a double vacation day on the schedule, one of them will play the game for you and submit the score.

dancinns
07-31-02, 05:12 PM

I have a theory on that...

#5 in power, combined with the other rankings MAY mean that he puts ALOT of balls in play, and hits them WELL, but because his power is STRONG he doesn't get the benefit of the bloop singles that the 'weaker' players get singles for. And he doesn't get the hits off the wall or the homers that the REAL power hitters get. At least that's what I see from my team...

I'm actually thinking of making my 150-250 ft hitting guys get weaker and just Texas Leaguer everyone to death!

Joe
The thing is his power isn't that great. I only have 3 real power hitters and even at #5 he only hits them about 200-225 ft. He hasn't been in the power cage for a while now.

das Monkey
07-31-02, 05:14 PM
Maybe I should make it a bit more clear...The 6 forfeits would come from the games you failed to initiate. If you go on vacation and someone doesn't play games for you then they get the forfeit, not you. So, not initiating games for 6 days is pretty much a sign that your team is dead.

We're all friends here (I hope) so if you have a problem initiating a game just say so and people would be more than glad to help you out.

That makes sense. I think that policy should extend to all forfeits though, not just this 6 game thing. There's no reason I should forfeit a game I wasn't supposed to initiate in the first place, let alone two. Like I said, based on that mentality, all you have to do is stop initiating games and pick up half your wins. Of course, the opponents can do the same thing, and everyone ties for first at .500. This logic completely escapes me.

das

Y2K Falcon
07-31-02, 05:15 PM

The thing is his power isn't that great. I only have 3 real power hitters and even at #5 he only hits them about 200-225 ft. He hasn't been in the power cage for a while now.
That's exactly what I am saying about that 150-250ft danger zone. I'm assuming some of his outs are flies 1/2-way to 2/3rds deep to the outfield, not K's or weak grounders. I'm also assuming that he's not slower than molasses and is able to leg out hits to short/third.

mgfred
07-31-02, 05:15 PM

But no one would do that, das. We rely on games against you to get our w/l % back up after that damn_fred attacks us! :D

You know better than that Y2K, I read these threads! :D

Monsters # 17088
Red Raiders # 17096

Pick your poison? ......... No you get both! :D

dancinns
07-31-02, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by mgfred

I think this is a good time to bring up something I talked to Dancinns about earlier.

When going on vacation, change your smallball password to something generic you can remember. Email the info to Dancinns and Copenhagen including your vacation dates. If they see a double vacation day on the schedule, one of them will play the game for you and submit the score.
I like how you quoted me and it has nothing to do with what you said. :D

Anyway, I totally forgot about that. I know I'd be more than happy to initate games for people that are gone. Not train them, but just play their league game.

das Monkey
07-31-02, 05:18 PM
Anyway, I totally forgot about that. I know I'd be more than happy to initate games for people that are gone. Not train them, but just play their league game.

I'm guessing you know all our passwords anyway, right? I purposely used something stupid, since I assumed it wasn't a secure storage.

das

mgfred
07-31-02, 05:19 PM

I like how you quoted me and it has nothing to do with what you said. :D

I quoted the wrong post, meant to do one of Das Monkeys!

mgfred
07-31-02, 05:20 PM

I'm guessing you know all our passwords anyway, right? I purposely used something stupid, since I assumed it wasn't a secure storage.

das

I was talking about the smallball team password not the league passwords, so he can start a game from your smallball login.

Y2K Falcon
07-31-02, 05:22 PM
I quoted the wrong post, meant to do one of Das Monkeys!
das, he means the login password at smallball.com so that someone could log into your team and initiate your game.

...and if the game is against them, to move your catcher to pitcher.

das Monkey
07-31-02, 05:22 PM
I was talking about the smallball team password not the league passwords, so he can start a game from your smallball login.

Oh yeah. Duh! Smack me stupid, and call me <B>Vryce</B> for that one. :D

das

dancinns
07-31-02, 05:24 PM

That makes sense. I think that policy should extend to all forfeits though, not just this 6 game thing. There's no reason I should forfeit a game I wasn't supposed to initiate in the first place, let alone two. Like I said, based on that mentality, all you have to do is stop initiating games and pick up half your wins. Of course, the opponents can do the same thing, and everyone ties for first at .500. This logic completely escapes me.

das
The thing is that that wouldn't happen in this league...at least I hope it wouldn't happen :)

Let me touch on the forfeit you had last season. I know that you lost to DVD.guys in a game that initially they were supposed to initiate. I recall them being on vacation so it was your obligation to play the game for them. Now, I can't remember if you were on vacation or not at that time but if you were then there was some convoluted reasoning as to why you got the loss. Which is where the "double vacation" thing that Fred brings up comes into play.

mgfred
07-31-02, 05:25 PM

das

Nah I won't call you Vryce, I'll send the Red Raiders to visit you when they are through with Y2K!

BTW: Y2K IM'ed me to give me that brilliant idea! :D

dancinns
07-31-02, 05:26 PM

das
I have no idea what your password is because it's encrypted in the database. So something like "foo" would look like "bhek23ah3iastyy234ka8205sywe" in the database.

dancinns
07-31-02, 05:28 PM

das, he means the login password at smallball.com so that someone could log into your team and initiate your game.

...and if the game is against them, to move your catcher to pitcher.
I'm above cheating to win. I know you're kidding with that comment but I won't jeopardize your trust because then the league would fail and I'd just have a bunch of code I'd be able to do nothing with.

I hate to leave the discussion right now but my nephew wants to ride his bike so I must obey his orders ;)

das Monkey
07-31-02, 05:31 PM
The thing is that that wouldn't happen in this league...at least I hope it wouldn't happen :)

Let me touch on the forfeit you had last season. I know that you lost to DVD.guys in a game that initially they were supposed to initiate. I recall them being on vacation so it was your obligation to play the game for them. Now, I can't remember if you were on vacation or not at that time but if you were then there was some convoluted reasoning as to why you got the loss. Which is where the "double vacation" thing that Fred brings up comes into play.

Change "forfeit" to "forfeit<B>s</B>" Yes I was on vacation. Knowing this, and trying to be a nice guy, I initiated my "double vacation" games when it was my turn to do so. Going even further, I initiated both my "double vacation" games that were <I>not</I> my responsibility. I posted that I was doing so and returned to the page to submit the scores and had been given forfeits in both games. I posted that I thought that sucked and was ignored (except for another poster who also saw the absurdity in that). Further attempts to bring this up for discussion led to the belief that this is they way forfeits are enforced, which as I've said, makes little sense to me.

So here I sit in the Third Division. Yay.

das

mgfred
07-31-02, 05:32 PM

I hate to leave the discussion right now but my nephew wants to ride his bike so I must obey his orders ;)

Wait till he has his own kids! :)

das Monkey
07-31-02, 05:32 PM
I have no idea what your password is because it's encrypted in the database. So something like "foo" would look like "bhek23ah3iastyy234ka8205sywe" in the database.

Cool. That's how I do it too. Glad to hear you encrypt passwords. Most people don't go to the trouble. I guess I can change my password from "twikoffsabigfatwhoe" since that takes forever to type.

das

mgfred
07-31-02, 05:37 PM

Change "forfeit" to "forfeit<B>s</B>" Yes I was on vacation. Knowing this, and trying to be a nice guy, I initiated my "double vacation" games when it was my turn to do so. Going even further, I initiated both my "double vacation" games that were <I>not</I> my responsibility. I posted that I was doing so and returned to the page to submit the scores and had been given forfeits in both games. I posted that I thought that sucked and was ignored (except for another poster who also saw the absurdity in that). Further attempts to bring this up for discussion led to the belief that this is they way forfeits are enforced, which as I've said, makes little sense to me.

So here I sit in the Third Division. Yay.

das

Acutally Das, on something like this you should have emailed Dancinns or Copenhagen when you played the games, your posts could have been easily overlooked. This is the first time I've seen you phrase it like this and now I understand exactly what you are talking about. Dancinns and Copenhagen are excellent at resolving things right. I think that it's maybe what I mentioned in the start of this post, something was overlooked. :(

Y2K Falcon
07-31-02, 05:37 PM

I'm above cheating to win. I know you're kidding with that comment but I won't jeopardize your trust because then the league would fail and I'd just have a bunch of code I'd be able to do nothing with.

I know, dancinns... It's that Fred that I wouldn't really be able to trust... ;)

For example:

Nah I won't call you Vryce, I'll send the Red Raiders to visit you when they are through with Y2K!

BTW: Y2K IM'ed me to give me that brilliant idea! :D
But I can't IM at work, fred!

http://www.theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/0702/blockwork.gif
(from office website)

mgfred
07-31-02, 05:39 PM

I know, dancinns... It's that Fred that I wouldn't really be able to trust... ;)

For example:

But I can't IM at work, fred!

http://www.theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/0702/blockwork.gif
(from office website)

Nice job of photoshopping Y2K!

If you can't IM at work then why do you IM me all day? :D

Y2K Falcon
07-31-02, 05:41 PM
Nice job of photoshopping Y2K!

If you can't IM at work then why do you IM me all day? :D
Like I have photoshop at work... -rolleyes- We don't even have dialup networking installed! :(

So, just post my IM username so that anyone mad at my game suggesting can IM me and see when I am on-line at work. ;)

mgfred
07-31-02, 05:43 PM

Like I have photoshop at work... -rolleyes- We don't even have dialup networking installed! :(

So, just post my IM username so that anyone mad at my game suggesting can IM me and see when I am on-line at work. ;)

How can they tell, you always use the invisible feature on Yahoo!

das Monkey
07-31-02, 05:44 PM
Acutally Das, on something like this you should have emailed Dancinns or Copenhagen when you played the games, your posts could have been easily overlooked. This is the first time I've seen you phrase it like this and now I understand exactly what you are talking about. Dancinns and Copenhagen are excellent at resolving things right. I think that maybe what I mentioned in the start of this post, something was overlooked. :(

If it was just a mistake, then that makes perfect sense. Since I first mentioned it when it happened, everyone defended it as the way it should happen, so I just assumed that that's the way things worked. If I just happened to be on the unlucky end of a combination of bad communication and user error, then that's cool. I was afraid that what happened was the way it was <I>supposed</I> to happen, and as said, color me confused.

Didn't realize I needed to be emailing people. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

das

mgfred
07-31-02, 05:48 PM

If it was just a mistake, then that makes perfect sense. Since I first mentioned it when it happened, everyone defended it as the way it should happen, so I just assumed that that's the way things worked. If I just happened to be on the unlucky end of a combination of bad communication and user error, then that's cool. I was afraid that what happened was the way it was <I>supposed</I> to happen, and as said, color me confused.

Didn't realize I needed to be emailing people. I'll keep that in for the future.

das

These posts can get so cluttered! I always email anything important to Dancinns, not that I have much to email about! He is great at taking care of things right, you do know that on those games you could have taken yourself off of vacation, then put yourself right back in after submitting the scores if it was the case of double vacations. If the other person just plain did not play it and was not on vacation you should not have gotten the forfeit they should have. But really anything important, email Dancinns!

Y2K Falcon
07-31-02, 05:48 PM
How can they tell, you always use the invisible feature on Yahoo! The boy is goooood, eh!

;)

das Monkey
07-31-02, 05:55 PM
These posts can get so cluttered! I always email anything important to Dancinns, not that I have much to email about! He is great at taking care of things right, you do know that on those games you could have taken yourself off of vacation, then put yourself right back in after submitting the scores if it was the case of double vacations. If the other person just plain did not play it and was not on vacation you should not have gotten the forfeit they should have. But really anything important, email Dancinns!

See ... it wasn't important until I had been forfeited. :) I'll email him in the future.

das

Canis Firebrand
07-31-02, 06:05 PM

das

Hey.. whats that comment for :hscratch:

I had no problem figuring out this morning that you had to log on to see any links, and I pointed that out to twikoff in a post. :p

das Monkey
07-31-02, 06:07 PM

You weren't here ... ergo ... you're a target. :D

das

Canis Firebrand
07-31-02, 06:09 PM
Ohh.. I see how it is... ;)

Just wait until I;m back in the 3rd league with you next season.... if you are still there that is...

das Monkey
07-31-02, 06:10 PM
Ohh.. I see how it is... ;)

Just wait until I;m back in the 3rd league with you next season....

With my luck, I'll be in the newly created 4th Division by then. ;)

das

mgfred
07-31-02, 06:22 PM

With my luck, I'll be in the newly created 4th Division by then. ;)

das

The Red Raiders did not forget to visit you my friend! #17375

So much for a 6-2 record! :D

das Monkey
07-31-02, 06:25 PM
The Red Raiders did not forget to visit you my friend! #17375

So much for a 6-2 record! :D

You're 6-2? :D

das

Y2K Falcon
07-31-02, 06:28 PM

See... When some people want to pick on someone, they send their team(s) to beat the other person's team.

For people like das and I, this isn't really a reality, so we must resort to lame/rude banter.

das Monkey
07-31-02, 06:31 PM
See... When some people want to pick on someone, they send their team(s) to beat the other person's team.

For people like das and I, this isn't really a reality, so we must resort to lame/rude banter.

Plus we know you can't send your team to beat us. :D

das

Canis Firebrand
07-31-02, 06:33 PM
Okay.. well.. just making sure it was some kind of banter... I'm okay with that.

And no *sniffle* I can't sic my team on you... they'd probably lose.....

das Monkey
07-31-02, 06:40 PM
Okay.. well.. just making sure it was some kind of banter... I'm okay with that.

You, me, and the <B>Falcon</B> entered the league at the same time. We're brothers. Granted, you're the brother we always try to convince is adopted, but the mean neighbors down the street kick our asses just the same (I say as I tie up my game with the <B>fredster</B>).

das

dancinns
07-31-02, 06:40 PM

Exactly. Even if you get a forfeit you can protest it if you've played the game and were unable to get it in. I'm more concerned with recording actual games than enforcing forfeits.

Canis Firebrand
07-31-02, 06:43 PM

You, me, and the <B>Falcon</B> entered the league at the same time. We're brothers. Granted, you're the brother we always try to convince is adopted, but the mean neighbors down the street kick our asses just the same (I say as I tie up my game with the <B>fredster</B>).

das

yeah.. yeah.. just cus mom always liked me best. :p

Hmm.. I think I'm going to wait a while to initiate my last to pro league games.
One is a 6 * team, which I appear to ahve won, but through 9 innings, its 1-1.
And the other is a 7* team.

Y2K Falcon
07-31-02, 06:48 PM
(no one else has blue eyes in the family, but Vryce)

Canis Firebrand
07-31-02, 06:49 PM
(no one else has blue eyes in the family, but Vryce)

But they are only blue when I wear my special contact lenses.. ;)

Yeah.. well.. you... you.... you look like the mailman!

das Monkey
07-31-02, 06:50 PM
yeah.. yeah.. just cus mom always liked me best. :p

I wouldn't know. We haven't heard from her since she dropped you at our doorstep wrapped in newspaper.

das

mgfred
07-31-02, 07:22 PM
I am always analyzing things and I've just figured out these guys!

Das Monkey = Moe
Vryce = Larry
Y2K Falcon = Curly

Copenhagen
07-31-02, 07:22 PM

das

das the forfeit rule only works in the manner you are posting should both teams be on vacation and those games cannot be made up by the end of the season.

Should you stop initiating games you will lose by forfeit should the other team not be on vacation.

Canis Firebrand
07-31-02, 07:32 PM
I am always analyzing things and I've just figured out these guys!

Das Monkey = Moe
Vryce = Larry
Y2K Falcon = Curly

Well.. at least you didn't make me Shemp... or Curly Joe..

das Monkey
07-31-02, 07:35 PM
nyuk nyuk woo-oooop

das

mgfred
07-31-02, 07:39 PM
Wow: I just got 4 challenges to the Red Raiders in like 2 minutes from good teams! I checked and the Red Raiders are #41 on the top 100 teams and #98 on the top 100 8* teams. Hope these guys know what they are in for? :D

Just checked my stats, they all got their butts kicked! :)

mgfred
07-31-02, 08:01 PM
Talk about parity! This is from the top 100 8* team list today:

96 ORE 82821 Oregon Duques 7.6 .631 12 7 ********
97 BRG 84386 The Collective 7.4 .687 11 5 ********
98 207 86207 Red Raiders 7.7 .800 12 3 ********

whotony
07-31-02, 08:02 PM
well this is odd.
i started a league game#4629 and then in the 5th or 6th inning i was up 9-0.
so i closed the window.
i tried to open another seperate public game to see what would happen, knowing i cant start 2 public games but maybe a league game and a public would work.

but when i tried to start the punblic it told me i still had a previous game pending. #4629 the same game i already had made it to the 6th inning in.

so now before i can start a game i have to start this 4629 game. so i did.
it was the same game from the begining.
now it is a live game not a REview game and is 9-0 in the 6th inning.

mgfred
07-31-02, 08:10 PM
Wow! Some of us are attracting attention on the Smallball Forums! This is from the advanced board:

Who Owns Harrisburg Pirates?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, you have played 5097 enough you know they are being fixed and you want honor? earn it the real way! STOP PLAYING 5097!

--
Sir.Great
Teams
--
5097 Suwanee Beaners JOE
38468 Fortwayne Truckers FwT

Now, I know what you guys are thinking! We are not the type to pick on a team when it's down are we? :)

Game # 17796 :D

whotony
07-31-02, 08:13 PM
i'm in.

The Governor
07-31-02, 08:22 PM
Thanks guys! I think I will initiate a game to! Some people man. :)

I figured somebody on the 7* list was fair game!!!

The Governor
07-31-02, 08:27 PM
I responded to the owner of team # 5097

whotony
07-31-02, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by whotony
i'm in.

ouch up 14-0 in the 3rd.

his catcher never tags anyone for an out. 3 guys came home after the ball got there and he just stood there with the ball.

mgfred
07-31-02, 08:38 PM

ouch up 14-0 in the 3rd.

his catcher never tags anyone for an out. 3 guys came home after the ball got there and he just stood there with the ball.

The Mighty Red Raiders are only beating them 1-0 :(

Hey thats a great name revision, from now on they will be the Mighty Red Raiders!

criptik28
07-31-02, 09:03 PM
I never thought this day would come, but I'm starting to worry that I'm too busy to keep up with SmallBall. :( Sometimes I'm just not able to train every 12/24 hours. What to do, what to do...

where
07-31-02, 09:03 PM
|SE7EN| vs. Hi-Ho!!

where
07-31-02, 09:13 PM
http://www.allorganicproducts.com/pics/smallball.jpg

w00t!!

Y2K Falcon
07-31-02, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by wheredebo
http://www.allorganicproducts.com/pics/smallball.jpg

w00t!!

You're next!

das Monkey
07-31-02, 09:36 PM
Bacon vs. Champaign Neon Warriors

das

whotony
07-31-02, 09:38 PM
this 7* team seems to be about 75-1.
8 honor rating too.

who wants to try 'em out.

das Monkey
07-31-02, 09:39 PM
Been wondering this: is an inside-the-parker scored a triple? I've hit quite of few of them (still no real HRs yet) but don't pay attention to the stats enough to know how they're counted.

das

whotony
07-31-02, 10:14 PM
the who bee's vs. the duquees.

testing a new pitcher.

schizopak
07-31-02, 10:19 PM
Bacon vs. Champaign Neon Warriors

das

Hey, just because they're neon green doesn't make them any less manly... er... yeah! :D Good game so far. Your team is usually my barometer as to how well/not well i'm training. Pretty even.

http://www.ameritech.net/users/dvdtalk/schizo.gif

shadowhawk2020
07-31-02, 10:23 PM
Lets keep hi-ho up top!!!!! I am sending my scrubs at him now!

Shadow

das Monkey
07-31-02, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by schizopak
Hey, just because they're neon green doesn't make them any less manly... er... yeah! :D Good game so far. Your team is usually my barometer as to how well/not well i'm training. Pretty even.

Yeah, close game. Strange, though, as I've had solid defense all week and just trained catching today, and suddenly I'm making crazy errors.

On that note, your SS did the dumbest thing I've seen in SmallBall yet (and that's saying a lot). I've got a guy hung up between 2nd and 3rd and is running back to 2nd. The throw beats him by three steps. Instead of waiting half a second to tag him out, the 2B tosses it back to the pitcher.

Thankfully, I think that was offset by my 2B throwing the ball all the way across the mound with 2 outs instead of taking the out at 1st.

Gotta wonder about the AI on this thing.

das

shadowhawk2020
07-31-02, 10:30 PM

Yeah, close game. Strange, though, as I've had solid defense all week and just trained catching today, and suddenly I'm making crazy errors.

On that note, your SS did the dumbest thing I've seen in SmallBall yet (and that's saying a lot). I've got a guy hung up between 2nd and 3rd and is running back to 2nd. The throw beats him by three steps. Instead of waiting half a second to tag him out, the 2B tosses it back to the pitcher.

Thankfully, I think that was offset by my 2B throwing the ball all the way across the mound with 2 outs instead of taking the out at 1st.

das

Next thing you know your guys will actually walk off the field and cause you to get a forefit. :)

Shadow

schizopak
07-31-02, 10:34 PM

das

My team just fell apart toward the end. Easy pop fly to left field and my left fielder is just standing there with his hands on his knees! The friggin center fielder had to run all the way over to get the ball and the left fielder is, yup, still standing there with his hands on his knees! He is SO benched! :D

http://www.ameritech.net/users/dvdtalk/schizo.gif

das Monkey
07-31-02, 10:37 PM
Next thing you know your guys will actually walk off the field and cause you to get a forefit. :)

:) Wouldn't surprise me.

das

whotony
07-31-02, 11:02 PM
the who bee's vs. the duquees.

testing a new pitcher.

ok that pitcher got clobberred 8-2.
so back to the other pitcher and trying again.

Y2K Falcon
07-31-02, 11:07 PM
2nd Division Matchup
Austin Lastros vs. Fairy Brawlers

Game 18474

das Monkey
07-31-02, 11:15 PM
Do people think that certain games are just more prone to errors than others? Immediately after committing a crazy number of errors against the <B>pak</B>, I played another 6* team from the 8th division error free.

das

Pharoh
07-31-02, 11:19 PM
2nd Division Matchup
Austin Lastros vs. Fairy Brawlers

Game 18474

:lol:

Its about time, as the Brawlers have been waiting. We need our beauty sleep you know. ;)
Plus we needed an easy game to move us into first undefeated. :D

I cant watch though since I am training my scrubs. I'll review it later, as I am sure it will be very close.

mgfred
07-31-02, 11:38 PM
http://horrordvdtalk.com/images/horrordvdlogo.gif vs http://horrordvdtalk.com/images/Doppelgangers.jpg

Game # 18434

Game is over and I'm not one to crow about it, but..................

Monsters 10 Doppelgangers 1

3 HR's by the Masher seal the deal! :)

Y2K Falcon
07-31-02, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Pharoh
I'll review it later, as I am sure it will be very close.
Well, if not for your effing homers, it WOULD have been...

Bawlers 5, Lastros Diddly

twikoff
08-01-02, 12:20 AM
Hey Guys....

I had to go out of town for the night for an important meeting tomorrow.. so I havent been around all day
we stayed out drinking tonight.. so Im just now getting a chance to get on..
Im trying to initiate my game.. but cant seem to connect to smallball.. Ill continue trying, because I still have to play my game for the day.. but if Im not able to connect copenhagen, please dont forfeit my game.. If I am able to get in, I will definitly start it.. other wise, Ill need to play both of my games tomorrow night when I get home..
am I the only one having troubles connecting right now? Im using my work ras account now.. Im going to try my parents mindspring pretty soon, to make sure its not a firewall issue..
but again.. if I cant get into smallball tonight.. please dont forfeit my game.. i guess the chickens wont be playing me, so I assume that will be a forfeit..
damn.. I guess my guys will also suffer without training, if Im not able to get in.. since they havent trained since early this morning..
UGH!
if I dont start my game.. that means I wasnt able to connect and train.. and wont be able to, until tomorrow night.. of course, the ass vermin could play me without my guys training in well over 24 hours tomorrow.. of they could be nice and give me a chance to get home and train my guys :D

dancinns
08-01-02, 12:38 AM
Wow! Some of us are attracting attention on the Smallball Forums! This is from the advanced board:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, you have played 5097 enough you know they are being fixed and you want honor? earn it the real way! STOP PLAYING 5097!

--
Sir.Great
Teams
--
5097 Suwanee Beaners JOE

Now, I know what you guys are thinking! We are not the type to pick on a team when it's down are we? :)

Game # 17796 :D
Count me in...right after I train :)

WhoGirl
08-01-02, 12:41 AM
http://riggs.tamu.edu/images/smallball/goodfellas.jpgVs.http://riggs.tamu.edu/images/smallball/chambershillheat.jpg

Good luck, Real Estate Guy! :)

Y2K Falcon
08-01-02, 12:43 AM

Count me in...right after I train :)

Training not necessary. While waiting for Blake to start our game, even *I* beat that team...

(though the erective failed to assimilate him) :D

Copenhagen
08-01-02, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by twikoff
Blah, Blah, Blah

Not a problem, just make sure to get it in by tomorrow night.

twikoff
08-01-02, 12:57 AM
cool thanks
i was able to get into smallball with another provider.. but the trainer was going so slow.. it was impossible to do anything.. it kept freezing

Ill initiate both my games tomorrow night when I get home
and if possible.. ass vermin.. can you hold off on playing till tomorrow night.. if not.. no big deal

dancinns
08-01-02, 01:03 AM
Oregon Duques vs. Suwanee Beaners (5097)

WhoGirl
08-01-02, 01:19 AM
Final score of game # 18772

Good Fellas: 4 Chambers Hill Heat: 2

Good game, Real Estate Guy! :up:

Blake
08-01-02, 01:45 AM
Late Game...do not mark as a forfeit:

OC Indys vs. Austin Lastros
Game #18919

whotony
08-01-02, 02:08 AM
dancinns i noticed you fixed the fleegs game for me do you want me to submit the score for the other game myself?

whotony
08-01-02, 02:11 AM
this 7* team seems to be about 75-1.
8 honor rating too.

who wants to try 'em out.

this looks like a prime team for the dvdtalk leaguers to take a shot at.

he's up to about 95-3 all games agaisnt some very weak opponents.

dancinns
08-01-02, 02:16 AM
Barring any upsets tomorrow, the biggest game in the Premiership will occur tomorrow. The HorrorDVDTalk Monsters will take on the Oregon Duques for sole possession of first place. So, let the hype begin.

I know everyone here will be rooting for my team, Oregon Duques, to win. It's a no brainer when you consider who the owner of the HorrorDVDTalk Monsters is, mgfred. Here's a man who took over the Red Raiders and is using them to his advantage. He constantly ruins other DVD Talkers winning percentages by playing the same teams day in and day out. He also uses the Red Raiders to take the focus off of the Monsters. He challenges everyone with the RRs so that no one will play the Monsters thusly allowing him to rest his main players and not worry about people playing his team, like the rest of us. He's been cheating and we never knew it!

On top of that he thinks his teams are so great. Look at how he talks about the RRs and the Monsters "eating" their opponents. Puhlease...It's a fact that his teams are no where near the level that he claims they're at. Has he ever won a playoff series? No. I've won 2 division trophies and one champion's cup. My team isn't a bunch of chokers like the Monsters.

dancinns
08-01-02, 02:19 AM
dancinns i noticed you fixed the fleegs game for me do you want me to submit the score for the other game myself?
yeah, it wasn't much of a problem. I've got a nifty score editor so it make editing score simple.
Yes, please submit the score for the other game if you haven't already.

whotony
08-01-02, 02:23 AM
double check the deniroes losses he now has 3 it should be 2.

criptik28
08-01-02, 02:26 AM
On top of that he thinks his teams are so great. Look at how he talks about the RRs and the Monsters "eating" their opponents. Puhlease...It's a fact that his teams are no where near the level that he claims they're at. Has he ever won a playoff series? No. I've won 2 division trophies and one champion's cup. My team isn't a bunch of chokers like the Monsters.

rotfl

You are TOO much, dancinns! :)

dancinns
08-01-02, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by criptik28

rotfl

You are TOO much, dancinns! :)
It's all true you know.

whotony: Fixed all the damage that you had done. ;)

whotony
08-01-02, 02:48 AM
doh!

J-Dubya
08-01-02, 02:58 AM
unable to connect to smallball...

dancinns
08-01-02, 03:08 AM
July 31 Forfeits:
Boston Giants vs. Hi-Ho!

DarkElf
08-01-02, 03:10 AM
Do people think that certain games are just more prone to errors than others? Immediately after committing a crazy number of errors against the <B>pak</B>, I played another 6* team from the 8th division error free.

das
Yes, I do think some games are more error prone than others...

DarkElf
08-01-02, 03:12 AM
Dancinns, pretty funny, but independent of each other, we challenged each other at about the same time. Hopefully they'll be closer than the game this morning. p.u.

DarkElf
08-01-02, 03:14 AM

--
Sir.Great
Teams
--
5097 Suwanee Beaners JOE

Man, talk about a guy BEGGING for a beating! I'll only be too happy to oblige. :)

dancinns
08-01-02, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by DarkElf
Dancinns, pretty funny, but independent of each other, we challenged each other at about the same time. Hopefully they'll be closer than the game this morning. p.u.
I happened to like that score :)

DarkElf
08-01-02, 03:39 AM
I happened to like that score :)
I'll bet you liked the score of our 2nd game a LOT better than the first one! :) Damn, dude, I jacked 6 homers off you in that first game! Retribution for the spanking you gave me this morning.

It appears I'm beginning a hot streak, so I'm gonna play me some Pro League games now! :D

criptik28
08-01-02, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by DarkElf

Damn, dude, I jacked you off in that first game! Retribution for the spanking you gave me this morning.

:eek:

Get a room, you too. ;)

Canis Firebrand
08-01-02, 07:17 AM
Okay.. I'm jumping on the "My Team sucks" bandwagon.

I kick off a game against the Thunderchickens this morning. A loss? they are a 5* team..... granted the team has been around longer then mine.....

And I lost my first Pro League game today too.
:(

*sigh*

jonw9
08-01-02, 08:08 AM
Woodys Teem, desperate for it's first win is taking on the the generic saltines in league play...

game # 19482

Edit: Nevermind, lost 1-0 in the bottom of the 9th.

Do I get some kind of award for most loses/least wins in a single season by an "active" team?

shadowhawk2020
08-01-02, 08:41 AM
Barring any upsets tomorrow, the biggest game in the Premiership will occur tomorrow. The HorrorDVDTalk Monsters will take on the Oregon Duques for sole possession of first place. So, let the hype begin.

I know everyone here will be rooting for my team, Oregon Duques, to win. It's a no brainer when you consider who the owner of the HorrorDVDTalk Monsters is, mgfred. Here's a man who took over the Red Raiders and is using them to his advantage. He constantly ruins other DVD Talkers winning percentages by playing the same teams day in and day out. He also uses the Red Raiders to take the focus off of the Monsters. He challenges everyone with the RRs so that no one will play the Monsters thusly allowing him to rest his main players and not worry about people playing his team, like the rest of us. He's been cheating and we never knew it!

Hey thats my friend you are talking about... Game on... 19577

shadowhawk2020
08-01-02, 08:42 AM

Of course it would help if I didn't lose the damn game!!!!! :(

SHadow

JNielsen
08-01-02, 08:46 AM
Bada Bing vs ShaolinBB

Game #19587

BigDave
08-01-02, 08:52 AM
Fightin' Aggies vs. the WHO bee's

jonw9
08-01-02, 10:06 AM
Wow Idgie, that was close. I was afraid I was going to win a game, but luckily my Teem was able to fall apart in the 10 or 11 and let you score 2. :D

Canis Firebrand
08-01-02, 10:14 AM
Y2K, anytime you are ready to initiate...My team is prepared for their 2nd loss of the day.

IdgIe49
08-01-02, 10:16 AM
ahh you saw that, Woody? Maybe you should have your 2nd and 1st basemen do some catching :) cause they dont move for sheit. :)

Y2K Falcon
08-01-02, 10:28 AM
Y2K, anytime you are ready to initiate...My team is prepared for their 2nd loss of the day.
Vryce,

That will be after 8 your time tonight. How much later depends on how much my GF and I want to walk/jog in this heat, and how good Smackdown is! I like to watch games, and can't do it that well when getting ready for work in the morning (or at work). Damn_firewall.

And who knows, the Invadeersintheheadlights might pull one out! I was shocked to beat the OC Indy's 2-0 last night!

jonw9
08-01-02, 10:31 AM
Well Idgie, if you wanna go there, your LF and SS each dropped one, so you should have won by more ;)

And if my 1B and 2B are slow, I should run, unless they are slow and can't catch, then I should just quit.

AndyCapps
08-01-02, 10:34 AM

My team beat Death Valley Desroyers 4-1 this morning. DVD beat your team 1-0. Shouldn't that mean that my team should have beaten your's? :hscratch:

;)

IdgIe49
08-01-02, 10:34 AM
woody: heh yeah my guys are smokin' something, but your guys just watch the ball roll. :p

Canis Firebrand
08-01-02, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by AndyCapps

My team beat Death Valley Desroyers 4-1 this morning. DVD beat your team 1-0. Shouldn't that mean that my team should have beaten your's? :hscratch:

;)

I tried that logic last season and it didn't work.

How in the heck did you beat the DVD 4-1? I lost to them 1-0 in 15 innings. :(

I guess I'll watch that game at home tonight to see what your team did to beat them. So that when I play them again, I will win against the DVD.

Y2K Falcon
08-01-02, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by AndyCapps

;)

Vryce and I played the Red Raiders. He lost 4-2, and I lost 3-0. However, dancinns' Duques lost to the Red and Black 13-1. So, Vryce and I should *easily* be able to handle the commish's team by 9 or 10 runs!!! :D

jonw9
08-01-02, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by IdgIe49
woody: heh yeah my guys are smokin' something, but your guys just watch the ball roll. :p

So my guys must have gotten into the vicodin in the medicine cabinet. The were really relaxed for the game :)

I would make them run for that, but then they wouldn't catch.

So I should make them catch, only the woulnd't hit.

Therefore I should make them hit, only they wouldn't run.

I hate this game!!

IdgIe49
08-01-02, 10:55 AM
Woody: heheh I hate it too. :) But what else am I supposed to do all morning?

jonw9
08-01-02, 11:02 AM
Work? rotfl

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I like smallball because I can sit at my PC all day, and still look busy! :lol:

AndyCapps
08-01-02, 11:04 AM

How in the heck did you beat the DVD 4-1? I lost to them 1-0 in 15 innings. :(

I'm not sure, I'll have to check it out later myself. When I left for work there was no score. My immediate thought when I score 4 runs is that I must have homered, but that wasn't it.

broadwayblue
08-01-02, 11:05 AM
blueshirts vs. htq #20110

Doug Heffernan
08-01-02, 11:11 AM

...and you thought that I was harsh on Fred! :hscratch: :lol:

IdgIe49
08-01-02, 11:18 AM
man where the heck is Twikoff ... Im playing him now and everytime I go ahead by one run, stupid ass marge goes and hits a homer (TWICE) to tie it up. UGHHHHHH

das Monkey
08-01-02, 11:21 AM
Okay.. I'm jumping on the "My Team sucks" bandwagon.

I kick off a game against the Thunderchickens this morning. A loss? they are a 5* team..... granted the team has been around longer then mine.....

And I lost my first Pro League game today too.
:(

*sigh*

Remember the baseball mantra: you're going to win 1/3 of your games and lose 1/3 of your games no matter what you do. It's the remaining third that counts.

Just yesterday, I barely escaped defeat from the blueshirts. Nothing wrong with losing to them, but as a 7* team, it's humbling to know that a 5* team can jump up and beat you if they have a good day. The point is that if you played 100 games, the better team will win <B>more</B> times not <B>all</B> times.

das

Th0r S1mpson
08-01-02, 11:33 AM
Woodys Teem, desperate for it's first win is taking on the the generic saltines in league play...

game # 19482

Edit: Nevermind, lost 1-0 in the bottom of the 9th.

That's what you get for calling them the "generic saltines!!!!" :mad: :mad: :mad:

;)

At least it wasnt the typical spanking you've been getting so far this season. Maybe you should have taken twikky's advice and scored more runs? :D

Good game though.

Lateralus
08-01-02, 11:38 AM
I apologize if this as already been mentioned but....

First the Gov, now Pharoh. Got this from the smack forum:

Pharoh's "no balls" Ballers is one team that needs to be on the list. I.D. #94123. 7* team keeps beating my 5* team that is trying to make it to the Pro League.

Jesus Freak 5* 113898

rotfl

Prakis
08-01-02, 11:42 AM
Pharoh's "no balls" Ballers is one team that needs to be on the list. I.D. #94123. 7* team keeps beating my 5* team that is trying to make it to the Pro League.

Is this recent? He's in the Juniors right now. Not that it matters. time to bring the pain? :)

IdgIe49
08-01-02, 11:44 AM
Lat, this from the challenger forum?

IdgIe49
08-01-02, 11:45 AM
http://gamesforum.real.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=smallballchallenger&Number=82544&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&vc=1#Post82544

nevermind, Lat, I found it :D

Lateralus
08-01-02, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Prakis

Is this recent? He's in the Juniors right now. Not that it matters. time to bring the pain? :)

The post was dated 7/28

broadwayblue
08-01-02, 11:47 AM

Just yesterday, I barely escaped defeat from the blueshirts. das

two 1-0 losses for me in two days. :(

Canis Firebrand
08-01-02, 11:51 AM
http://gamesforum.real.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=smallballchallenger&Number=82294&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5

rotfl

I can't believe these people.. They are calling teams that are higher star teams playing lower star teams cheating.

Are they for real?

AndyCapps
08-01-02, 11:59 AM
Wow, I wish the Lubbock Cowpatties were in the league. :)

They've challenged me three times in the last few days, and I've beaten them all three times. I thought I'd initiate one against them, and my homerun hitter has hit 3 off of him in 6 innings. The first inning was perfect. First two batters get on base, and then bam, my homerun hitter smashes one over the left field fence.

mgfred
08-01-02, 12:00 PM

Wow! This has caught me a little by surprise, Dancinns is usually such a nice well mannered young man. I guess I'll address these charges one at a time!

My Monsters are going to pluck, roast and consume his gamey tasting greasy Duques!

Is everybody rooting for the Duques to win? Maybe, maybe not! I like to think I have at least some friends......... :( Using the Red Raiders to my advantage? Think of me as a kindly old foster dad. It was not the fault of the Red Raiders that their manager had to go away. How did people react here? They were discarded and abandoned! Thrown out of the league and into the cold! Being the magnanamous person I am, I let them into my home fed and clothed them. Gave them the nurturing and attention they deserved! Still how do they get treated now by all of you? Like the stepchild that gets beaten for doing nothing. The actions of the Red Raiders now are the same as a abused child striking out at the abuser! Does this distract from the attention the Monsters deserve, yes. There is a reason for this nobody may have considered. Since there manager went to the big house (Oops, I didn't say that, did I?), the Red Raiders have been in therapy. It's on Doctor's orders that they have been put more into the limelight by me. They need this attention to become responsible citizens and contribute to society. :) Really the Red Raiders are what you all have made them! I think if people respect and are kind to the Red Raiders they will function better in society.

Ok, I'm the one in therapy, better I take this stuff out on you guys here than from a rooftop with a 30 odd 6!

Okay, the Monsters do have a unusual appetite.............. but do they not have a right to eat what they kill? They do like to keep a low profile to make their nocturnal feedings easier. They are humble Monsters, so yes I do have to do a little bragging for them to keep up their self esteem! Do you think I can afford two teams in therapy? They have lost every single playoff series so far! However they never sulk in public. They just suck it up and come back next season with a fresh outlook! :)

I've had to spend a fortune repairing the locker room damage!

They are true professionals, never whinning, never complaining! It's my opponents that have built up their reputation to a myth level. We are a humble team with excellent sportsmanship!

I work my butt off to make them so damn good! I know you all fear me and you should! The playoffs have all been a conspiracy to get me. These guys that have beaten me before can't carry the Monster's jockstrap. Dancinn's greasy Duques are going to pay royaly today for this display of disrespect! Even worse, he is getting a visit from the Mighty Red Raiders as you read this! Game #20309

In spite of this attack, I'm going to wish Dancinns good luck in todays game! :)

Believe me he will need it!

dancinns
08-01-02, 12:14 PM

psst. He's my friend also...there's this little thing called smack talk. Maybe you heard of it. :D

IdgIe49
08-01-02, 12:17 PM
its probably going to kill my hr but im playing that idiot jesus freak

dancinns
08-01-02, 12:37 PM
Is everybody rooting for the Duques to win? Maybe, maybe not! I like to think I have at least some friends......... :( Using the Red Raiders to my advantage? Think of me as a kindly old foster dad. It was not the fault of the Red Raiders that their manager had to go away. How did people react here? They were discarded and abandoned! Thrown out of the league and into the cold! Being the magnanamous person I am, I let them into my home fed and clothed them. Gave them the nurturing and attention they deserved! Still how do they get treated now by all of you? Like the stepchild that gets beaten for doing nothing. The actions of the Red Raiders now are the same as a abused child striking out at the abuser! Does this distract from the attention the Monsters deserve, yes. There is a reason for this nobody may have considered. Since there manager went to the big house (Oops, I didn't say that, did I?), the Red Raiders have been in therapy. It's on Doctor's orders that they have been put more into the limelight by me. They need this attention to become responsible citizens and contribute to society. :) Really the Red Raiders are what you all have made them! I think if people respect and are kind to the Red Raiders they will function better in society.
Please. You're equating the Red Raiders to a poor stepchild that gets abused? Why don't you write up a script and send it to Lifetime for their movie of the week? I can see it now...Coming this Sunday, Sally Field stars in a dramatic role as wife of a baseball owner, she learns of her husband's dark side...a child abuser, played by Stephen Weber (or what that guy's name from Wings is). Weber takes in a homeless child and makes him the team's batboy. But things take a turn for the worse as the child begins to make mistakes...tune in this Sunday at 9PM for Struggling with Demons. Excuse me, I need to go get a kleenex now.

Face it the Red Raiders are nothing but bullies. You sic them on anyone who dares to make a comment about them or their owner. Case in point, I make comments about you and what do I get it? A game vs. the Red Raiders. You're just trying to bully me team into submission so your "Monsters" can easily take care of them. I really should e-mail the commish and have him remove the Red Raider game from the results since it was uncalled for.

Okay, the Monsters do have a unusual appetite.............. but do they not have a right to eat what they kill? They do like to keep a low profile to make their nocturnal feedings easier.
That's sick. This is baseball you know, not some game devised by Fox for ratings. Just sick...

They are true professionals, never whinning, never complaining! It's my opponents that have built up their reputation to a myth level. We are a humble team with excellent sportsmanship!
Of course they're not whining or complaining because they're the one taking advantage of other teams. Have you ever heard of the school bully whining about he's tired of what he's doing? No, he enjoys kicking everyone around, stealing their lunch money and making them watch Big Brother...just like your teams.

I work my butt off to make them so damn good! I know you all fear me and you should! The playoffs have all been a conspiracy to get me.
Conspiracy? Better call the FBI on that one. I think you're in denial that your team is always the 4th best team in the division. They're good enough to get into the playoffs but they've taken a lesson from the Mobile Suckies and they choke. And they'll do the same tonight against the Oregon Duques.

jonw9
08-01-02, 12:38 PM
its probably going to kill my hr but im playing that idiot jesus freak

I will throw some action to hey-sus.

*mutters to self* Maybe I can win for once

Game #20472

shadowhawk2020
08-01-02, 12:40 PM

Please. You're equating the Red Raiders to a poor stepchild that gets abused? Why don't you write up a script and send it to Lifetime for their movie of the week? I can see it now...Coming this Sunday, Sally Field stars in a dramatic role as wife of a baseball owner, she learns of her husband's dark side...a child abuser, played by Stephen Weber (or what that guy's name from Wings is). Weber takes in a homeless child and makes him the team's batboy. But things take a turn for the worse as the child begins to make mistakes...tune in this Sunday at 9PM for Struggling with Demons. Excuse me, I need to go get a kleenex now.

Face it the Red Raiders are nothing but bullies. You sic them on anyone who dares to make a comment about them or their owner. Case in point, I make comments about you and what do I get it? A game vs. the Red Raiders. You're just trying to bully me team into submission so your "Monsters" can easily take care of them. I really should e-mail the commish and have him remove the Red Raider game from the results since it was uncalled for.

That's sick. This is baseball you know, not some game devised by Fox for ratings. Just sick...

Of course they're not whining or complaining because they're the one taking advantage of other teams. Have you ever heard of the school bully whining about he's tired of what he's doing? No, he enjoys kicking everyone around, stealing their lunch money and making them watch Big Brother...just like your teams.

Conspiracy? Better call the FBI on that one. I think you're in denial that your team is always the 4th best team in the division. They're good enough to get into the playoffs but they've taken a lesson from the Mobile Suckies and they choke. And they'll do the same tonight against the Oregon Duques.

Oh yeah well your team is a doodie head!!!:)

Pharoh
http://gamesforum.real.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=smallballchallenger&Number=82294&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5

rotfl

I can't believe these people.. They are calling teams that are higher star teams playing lower star teams cheating.

Are they for real?

Thanks guys. The thing is that I challenged him twice only. Both times were when I was actually a 6* team as I wasnt a solid 7* yet. He was 5* and ranked above me on the qualifying list. And I only played him after I noticed that he beat Twik's DVDTalk team. Sheesh. I thinks I am going to get my scrubs up to 5 or 6* soon and bury the guy. Again thanks for all the assistance and once again I'll say how glad I am that I never upset you all. ;)

IdgIe49
Woody: well either I lose, or its a 2-0 victory ... not a score I had hoped for, either way.

IdgIe49
08-01-02, 12:43 PM
I sure wish my three scrub teams were over 3* :D so I can play these idiots with them instead my 8* team... *shrug*

jonw9
08-01-02, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Thor Simpson

That's what you get for calling them the "generic saltines!!!!" :mad: :mad: :mad:

;)

At least it wasnt the typical spanking you've been getting so far this season. Maybe you should have taken twikky's advice and scored more runs? :D

Good game though.

Fine, name-brand saltines (but still not the goos ones)

I took Twikoffs advice (BTW, how long has he been stagnent in div. 2?) and scored more, but so does the other team. I will figure it out, or quit, one of the two; then you'll be sorry. You hear me!

:hscratch:

das Monkey
08-01-02, 12:46 PM
Not like it matters, but I sent my team after Hey Zeus too.

das

Y2K Falcon
08-01-02, 12:51 PM
NOTE TO SELF:
Go to real.com smallball forum and start a 'someone beat these cheaters' thread about the Red Raiders, Monsters, and Collective, 8* teams that keep beating up on my poor 7* team...

I swear that I must be the best .400 team in SmallBall!

shadowhawk2020
08-01-02, 12:57 PM
NOTE TO SELF:
Go to real.com smallball forum and start a 'someone beat these cheaters' thread about the Red Raiders, Monsters, and Collective, 8* teams that keep beating up on my poor 7* team...

Thats it... J/K best .400 team in smallball rotfl rotfl

Shadow

IdgIe49
08-01-02, 12:58 PM
yay woody scored!! :)

mgfred
08-01-02, 01:00 PM
NOTE TO SELF:

You just bring it on yourself! :)

I was not gonna pick on you today if you kept your mouth shut. Now I have no choice! :D

This is your fault not mine!!!!! I can't help myself!

Game# 20554

So much for the .400 record! :D

shadowhawk2020
08-01-02, 01:02 PM
The collective and the raiders are 92, 93 on the 8* list what does that mean?

Shadow

(p.s. The Collective is 92)

Shadow

dancinns
08-01-02, 01:02 PM
NOTE TO SELF:

Check out your team's quote:
http://www.sd-1.com/smallball/team.php?id=106803

dancinns
08-01-02, 01:04 PM
Nothing because I'm better than both of those teams and I'm not on the list. :)

shadowhawk2020
08-01-02, 01:04 PM
Dancinns you still around? I am getting ready to play our pro league game?

Shadow

Y2K Falcon
08-01-02, 01:05 PM

Check out your team's quote:
http://www.sd-1.com/smallball/team.php?id=106803
Thanks for the edit, dancinns! You might want to add 'sub-' in there. :whofart:

I was .333 last night -eek- -eek- until I beat the OC Indy's and punked that Beaners team to defend another DVDTalker's honor...

shadowhawk2020
08-01-02, 01:05 PM

Nothing because I'm better than both of those teams and I'm not on the list. :)

You were on that list last night then you got so full of yourself you fell off.

Shadow

dancinns
08-01-02, 01:07 PM

Thanks for the edit, dancinns! You might want to add 'sub-' in there. :whofart:

I was .333 last night -eek- -eek- until I beat the OC Indy's and punked that Beaners team to defend another DVDTalker's honor...
Um, you can edit it yourself. :)

dancinns
08-01-02, 01:08 PM
Dancinns you still around? I am getting ready to play our pro league game?

Shadow
Still around for a minute or two. IM me the game # real quick so I can watch it while I'm offline

dancinns
08-01-02, 01:08 PM

You were on that list last night then you got so full of yourself you fell off.

Shadow
I blame DarkElf. I lost to him last night.

shadowhawk2020
08-01-02, 01:09 PM
Damn lost the aol instant messanger game 2746

Shadow

Y2K Falcon
08-01-02, 01:09 PM

Um, you can edit it yourself. :)

Carp. I didn't know that! I sent you an email about that eons ago! ;)

jonw9
08-01-02, 01:10 PM
yay woody scored!! :)

w00t!! :hump:

Yeah thats right...

wait, I did?

dancinns
08-01-02, 01:11 PM
Damn lost the aol instant messanger game 2746

Shadow
Duh, I should've known that. It is listed on my team page after all :D

dancinns
08-01-02, 01:13 PM

Carp. I didn't know that! I sent you an email about that eons ago! ;)
Yeah, there's that thing called the "Team Editor". You can do numerous things with it, Mr. Sub-.400.

Which reminds me, everyone who doesn't have their logo linked right, please edit it. You can find the team logo page on the left side of the league website

edit: I'm doing for the morning. I may make an appearance this afternoon to respond to Fred's allegations.

shadowhawk2020
08-01-02, 01:13 PM

Duh, I should've known that. It is listed on my team page after all :D

And your our leader? rotfl

Of course as I type that you score 3 in the first.

Shadow :)

IdgIe49
08-01-02, 01:15 PM
Woody: three times. It must be your lucky day!

DarkElf
08-01-02, 01:17 PM
I blame DarkElf. I lost to him last night.
No, blame the wind. It must have been blowing out last night. Well, only when I was at the plate, apparently... -ptth-

mgfred
08-01-02, 01:17 PM

Shadow
(p.s. The Collective is 92)

Shadow

It just means we are that damn good! :)

Also we are on the way to * #9! :D

jonw9
08-01-02, 01:18 PM
It feel like Christmas here. Plus I am blessed enough to be beating hey-Zues' Freaks!

jonw9
08-01-02, 01:27 PM
I don't get what all the fuss about the rump riders is about, they only won by 5!

I mean Darkelf, Good Fellas, and the Bobby Deniros all won by more than that.

I think that the rear raiders are ALL HYPE!

mgfred
08-01-02, 01:30 PM
I don't know if anybody noticed but the Deadites (formerly know as the Horror DVD Talkers) actually won a game today 7-4 against the Mini Me's! With the exception of the first game vs the Mudcats they have all gone 9 innings as well too! :D

mgfred
08-01-02, 01:35 PM
I don't get what all the fuss about the rump riders is about, they only won by 5!

I mean Darkelf, Good Fellas, and the Bobby Deniros all won by more than that.

I think that the rear raiders are ALL HYPE!

That's the Mighty Red Raiders to you chump! :)

Sometimes it's first degree assault and battery, other times it's 3rd degree, consider yourself fortunate that time!

Ask and you shall receive! :D

I'll edit this post and put in the game# when they are through with Y2K Falcon!

Game# 20730

I have renamed them to 'The Mighty Red Raiders', any disrespect to them will result in a visit! Be warned! Look at their team page, this list of victims is a who's who here! Please disregard Y2K, he does hurt the Honor Rating! :)

Canis Firebrand
08-01-02, 01:39 PM
I know I'm gonna regret this.. But, when you are done with woody, could you play my team, mgfred?

I've had some weird losses lately, and I'm curious as to what is causing it. I've tried tailoring my training based on comments you've made about my team in the past.

jonw9
08-01-02, 01:39 PM

That's the Mighty Red Raiders to you chump! :)

Sometimes it's first degree assault and battery, other times it's 3rd degree, consider yourself fortunate that time!

Ask and you shall receive! :D

I'll edit this post and put in the game# when they are through with Y2K Falcon!

:rolleyes:

Bring it in!

jonw9
08-01-02, 01:41 PM
Vryce, what is your team #, I will play you after I am done beating Twikoff.

*whisper* Hey Twikky, you should score more runs! rotfl

Canis Firebrand
08-01-02, 01:41 PM
Vryce, what is your team #, I will play you after I am done beating off Twikoff.

:eek:

j/k

shadowhawk2020
08-01-02, 01:42 PM
Vryce, what is your team #, I will play you after I am done beating Twikoff.

You're next :)

Shadow

mgfred
08-01-02, 01:44 PM
I know I'm gonna regret this.. But, when you are done with woody, could you play my team, mgfred?

I've had some weird losses lately, and I'm curious as to what is causing it. I've tried tailoring my training based on comments you've made about my team in the past.

Vryce: Since you asked nicely I've sent the Kinder and Gentler Monsters to visit you! #20749

jonw9
08-01-02, 01:46 PM

You're next :)

Shadow

Here's what I think about that ------> :crap:

Canis Firebrand
08-01-02, 01:47 PM
New Thread

Since I'm bored at work, and have nothing better to do. And since I think twikoff is away.

New Thread:

http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=226697

Please close this one mods.

Thank you.

shadowhawk2020
08-01-02, 01:47 PM
No need to crap your pants it's just a game :)

SHadow

jonw9
08-01-02, 01:53 PM
No need to crap your pants it's just a game :)

SHadow
I was really looking for a yawn smiley. But instead' I chose to give a crap! ;)

shadowhawk2020
08-01-02, 01:54 PM

I was really looking for a yawn smiley. But instead' I chose to give a crap! ;)

rotfl