Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Julio Medem Film on DVD?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Julio Medem Film on DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-02, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Julio Medem Film on DVD?

Does anyone know if "Lovers of the Arctic Circle" is available yet in R1 DVD? I'm also interested in "Sex and Lucia".
Old 07-25-02, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you want the R1 DVD, maybe you should ask on the DVD Talk forum.

Los amantes del Círculo Polar has been released in R2 (Spain) on a non-anamorphic edition. Lucía y el sexo is on rental now and will begin to sell in September.
Old 07-25-02, 07:41 AM

Originally posted by Grubert
If you want the R1 DVD, maybe you should ask on the DVD Talk forum.
Will do, Grubert. Thanks.

[i]Los amantes del Círculo Polar has been released in R2 (Spain) on a non-anamorphic edition. Lucía y el sexo is on rental now and will begin to sell in September. [/B]
Hopefully, they will both be available in the U.S. sometime afterwards! <fingers crossed>
Old 07-25-02, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...also available: a Spanish (R2/PAL) THREE-PACK that includes Vacas (1991), La ardilla roja (1993) and Tierra (1996), all with optional English subtitles...

NOTE: Vacas is additionally available, not only on a UK (R2/PAL) DVD, but also on R1/NTSC DVD...!...

...and here are REVIEWS of Medem's films...

. . . . . .

Last edited by Hendrik; 07-25-02 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-26-02, 01:28 AM

Originally posted by Hendrik
...also available: a Spanish (R2/PAL) THREE-PACK that includes Vacas (1991), La ardilla roja (1993) and Tierra (1996), all with optional English subtitles...

NOTE: Vacas is additionally available, not only on a UK (R2/PAL) DVD, but also on R1/NTSC DVD...!...

...and here are REVIEWS of Medem's films...

. . . . . .
Just a word of caution: There is an edition of Vacas on R1 USA DVD, yes. But it's in Full Screen. Not original format. Also, there's an edition of Tierra and it's correct aspect ratio but not anamorphic and with terrible compression problems. The company that releases these movies in the US has no interest in giving out quality DVDs. I'd say get a region free DVD player or a DVD-Rom with a program that can change the output to NTSC ( if your TV can't output PAL ) and buy the 3 pack Spanich DVD edition in which all movies are anamorphically transferred and the R2 UK edition of Lovers at the Arctic Circle which is anamorphic.

Just my advice, mind you. It might be a little bit costy.
E
Ericf