Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Coconuts Breaking Street Dates!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-02, 02:37 PM
Banned

Location: The place, at where my bottom is sitting at this very moment, right about........now!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at Coconuts on 7/9 and I found Top Secret and Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy on DVD. Which I think both come out on 7/16.

I also found Brain Candy at BB. Same Day!
Old 07-12-02, 03:24 PM
JLB
DVD Talk Special Edition

We shouldn't really be posting directly in the forum who is breaking street date. Either be happy you have a source and keep it quiet, or let people know what titles and have them PM you if they are interested. The more you mention a name of someone breaking date in this forum, the better the chance they might get caught, penalized, and then choose not to break any more....

That being said....nice going! I hope you enjoy your early finds!!!!!
Old 07-12-02, 06:35 PM
Banned

Big deal, their prices are so high that anybody would wait for Best Buy's or Circuit City's lower price anyway.
Old 07-13-02, 12:13 AM
Banned

Originally posted by JLB
We shouldn't really be posting directly in the forum who is breaking street date. Either be happy you have a source and keep it quiet, or let people know what titles and have them PM you if they are interested. The more you mention a name of someone breaking date in this forum, the better the chance they might get caught, penalized, and then choose not to break any more....

That being said....nice going! I hope you enjoy your early finds!!!!!
Word! JLB is right! If you have a source like this, keep it quiet! Do you really want to get this store chain into trouble(there is none where I live but I takeitr they are a chain?) Even I do not break street date on new DVD's at my job! I have a very strict policy towards this and my manager and supervisor appericate me a lot for not breaking street dates(no matter the DVD or CD title!)

Last edited by Aaron Amos; 07-13-02 at 12:16 AM.
Old 07-14-02, 04:11 PM
Banned

Location: The place, at where my bottom is sitting at this very moment, right about........now!
Originally posted by JLB
We shouldn't really be posting directly in the forum who is breaking street date. Either be happy you have a source and keep it quiet, or let people know what titles and have them PM you if they are interested. The more you mention a name of someone breaking date in this forum, the better the chance they might get caught, penalized, and then choose not to break any more.
Okay, I've seen people on DVDTalk talk about this ALL THE TIME! Okay, everytime I post something like this I get shut up! I'm trying to help you all. If they get caught &/or penalized they deserve it. It's not my fault that they did something stupid like that. If you guys don't care fine! If I ever find a good deal again, you can guarantee that I won't tell you guys.
Old 07-14-02, 11:14 PM

Removed unwelcome comments.
- stevevt

Last edited by stevevt; 07-15-02 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-15-02, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Um, in that case, if posting which stores are breaking street dates will get them in trouble, let me think of stores that suck so they SHOULD get in trouble...Barnes&Noble. Breaking street date by like months!
Old 07-15-02, 12:33 PM
Banned

Originally posted by AngelofMaddness
- stevevt
- stevevt

Last edited by stevevt; 07-15-02 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-15-02, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread has gone from:

* a post about 1 store breaking a street date (no problem so far)

to

* a discussion about whether or not it was in everyone's best interest to discussion such things (somewhat of a hijack, but also somewhat on topic, and certainly something worth discussing)

to

* a couple of people pooping in this thread, picking up their poop, and slinging it around (and here's why this thread is now closed)

So. Once again. If anyone has a problem or comment about a thread, I encourage you to click on a "Report this Post to a Moderator" link above one of the posts in that thread. Or just email me directly.

Thread closed.

Anyone who wants to start a "Should we post about broken street dates?" thread in this forum is more than welcome to do so. As always, flame fests will be shutdown to the best of my ability. Thanks in advance for keeping things civil in the future, and past thanks due for anyone who was tempted to join in the poop slinging who refrained.

Last edited by stevevt; 07-15-02 at 05:48 PM.