Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

buy.com=slow

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-02, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
buy.com=slow

i ordered 3 things this past sunday and nothing has come yet. i checked the site and it said that one had shipped on the 9th of july. are they normaly this slow.
Old 07-16-02, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
everything i have usually bought from buy.com comes very quickly. most of the time overnight for regular shipping charges. i believe this is because there is a warehouse 20 minutes from my house. it could be they have to ship the product from another warehouse first.
Old 07-16-02, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I've seen some stuff through buy.com (especially with free shipping) come media mail ....
Old 07-17-02, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Have had a couple of orders delivered from buy.com in the past 2 weeks; they've all arrived media mail. (I chose the free shipping option)
Old 07-17-02, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm glad I didn't go and buy Monsters Inc with Free Shipping if it means a long wait. Sure, the $17.99 price was tempting, but I'm sure I'll do okay going to a B&M on release date.
Old 07-17-02, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

i got 2 now, all im waiting on is "the apartment"
Old 07-17-02, 11:54 AM

I ordered the Pearl Harbor Vista Series which shipped on July 3, and I still have not recieved it yet. I did choose the free shipping and I will never order from them again; free shipping or not.
Old 07-17-02, 02:00 PM

I am currently going through problems with Buy concerning a product I ordered, which at the time of order was in stock ("will ship within 24 to 48 hours") and was still waiting for it to ship a week after I ordered it.

On Friday of last week, I sent a cancel request into Buy, since their cancel policy clearly states that you will be notified "WITHIN ONE BUSINESS DAY" whether your order can be cancelled in time or not. Here's the exact text from their site:

Cancellation Requested
A request has been made to cancel this item. Sometimes items enter the shipping process before we can cancel them. We'll eMail you within the next business day to let you know if we can honor your request.

Well, here it is Wednesday - THREE business days later and I still haven't heard from them, and the item is still reading "Cancellation Requested" on my order. I e-mailed them this morning and explained it to them, letting them know that if they don't either cancel my item or ship it by the end of the day tomorrow, they will have lost me as a customer. The problem is, I want to get the item but am afraid if I go buy it at the store or another online retailer, Buy.Com will ship the bloody thing the next day...so I'm kind of in limbo waiting for them to get their act together.

Last edited by DVDBoy2000; 07-17-02 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-18-02, 01:32 PM

Well, in the past two days BUY has sent me three form e-mails (all the same text) saying they cannot cancel my order because it has already entered the shipping process...yet the item HAS NOT SHIPPED to me, and is currently ON ORDER on the site.

BUY.COM is in violation of their own policy, which states the following:

On Order
We are making every effort to ship your product to you as soon as possible. Unless your item is on pre-order, our supplier has not given us an expected arrival date.
We'll send you eMails updating you on the status of your order. You may cancel any item that is not in stock up to the day the product ships by clicking on 'cancel item' from within your order summary.

Clearly, I should be able to cancel any item that is not in stock up to the day it ships...but BUY is not letting me do so! Needless to say, this will be my LAST order from them...not just because they seem to be violating their own policy, but because they don't even seem to read the e-mails I send them, since all I get back is "form" e-mail saying the exact same thing every time.
Old 07-19-02, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just ordered a USB Hub from them on Sunday, and it arrived on Wednesday. I also choose the free shipping option and it came UPS Ground.
Old 07-19-02, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

i got the apartment last night and watched it right away,
Old 07-19-02, 06:57 PM

I ordered a nice book from them and it came withen 2 days, that was just last week.

W