Reload this Page >

Old Final Fantasy in PS2 style?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 07-14-02, 10:12 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard that SQUARESOFT is REdoing FF7,FF8 and FF9 in Final Fantasy 10 style......is it truth?
Imagine the character can Talk,can art and ........whatever FF10 can do....WOW.

Heard of it anyone?

Last edited by Dayneson; 07-14-02 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-14-02, 11:30 AM

Last I heard those were put on hold and probably dropped from production.Probably using the staff they have to make FF XI, FFXII, Unlimited Saga, and Chrono Break (not yet announced) is more important for the company. So dont hold your breath for them. Now wheres Final Fantasy Tactics 2 square!
Old 07-14-02, 01:13 PM
Banned

Last thing I heard, they were working on them. It was in one of the interviews when they were discussing plans on what they were going to do with Nintendo.
Old 07-14-02, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't really think thats worth it for Square. If they wanna bring back the old games, they could try redoing the early ones (I-VI) in modern graphics. That would be far more popular IMO. Otherwise, they should focus on new games. They haven't released many games on PS2. All that I can think of is FFX, Bouncer, and Driving Emotion Type-S. Kingdom Hearts looks great, but even FFXI might fail. They need to make sure they have something to fall back on.
Old 07-14-02, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Those rumors turned out to be completely false, they never planned to remake FF7,8,9 I believe. I remember reading an E3 interview, can't remember where but they interviewed Square and asked at the end about FF7,8,9 remakes and Square said that those have been nothing but rumors on the net and there was never a plan to produce remakes. That was at this years E3, they could have secretly started working on it, no one really knows.

However if you want to see FF characters with voices....Kingdom Hearts has a number of returning FF characters complete with voices.

Lets just hope they're good voices though.
Old 07-14-02, 04:50 PM

Actually, Outlaw, those weren't rumors. They were announced via Square years ago during a stock holders meeting. And I'm sure there wasn't an interview at this years E3 where they said those were rumors. However, the project could have been shelved, or never started, but they were most certainly told to stock holders.
Old 07-15-02, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

hmmmm you might be right the more I think about it I actually think I was thinking of another game series with a different company though I still can't remember what or where it was. Someone pointed out to me that that they did post something on their IR page way back in May, here's what they said:

"スクエアの夏至モットー副社長によればPS2竜FF7, 8, 9のリメーク計画は取り消しされたと言います.

"PS2竜でリメークを検討した事は_ったがリメークをしな_てもファンみなさんが楽しむのに難しさがないという調査結果が出たから現在はそういう計画を進行 していないです."

Here's my terrible english translation bear with me: " The Square summer (something) motto regarding the PS2 remakes of FF7, 8, and 9, it was cancelled."

"Remaking has been looked at with the PS2, but (something something) found the results that were produced, it is difficult to advance a plan that will please the fans already enjoying the it(?)."

Something like that, anyone who can translate better please do. I guess that means they really were considering it but had too much stuff to work on, or the games are still too new to remake them. There's still a chance that they could I suppose, you never know.