Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

need help with gta3

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-02, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
need help with gta3

im stuck at the part where you are on the boat with the sniper trying to save your partner. i cant seem to shoot the guys fast enough. is there some kind of code or advice on this.
Old 07-11-02, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never found this to be too helpful but...if you shoot the barrels they'll blow up and, if you're lucky, take out a few guys.

I suggest you stick with it. It's not that hard once you get the hang of sniping.
Old 07-11-02, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It took me forever to do this. I suggest you just keep at it until you have it. It's not that difficult once you get used to the controls of sniping. Just move fast and enjoy.
Old 07-11-02, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There are stairs that lead up to the top of the warehouse right by the ship. Get on the roof of the warehouse to get a better vantage. Also, I'm not sure exactly where, but somewhere near that area, there's one of those pills that slows everything down. I've been told that if you go grab that before firing the first shot, the mission becomes a cinch. Otherwise, it'll just take some practice for you to get good with the sniper rifle.
Old 07-12-02, 06:30 AM

Yes, go for the pill, steadys you and slows down the action making it 10X easier.
Old 07-12-02, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i tried this and it worked liked a charm, however, it doesn't always work.....

trap 8-ball. pick 8 ball up with a truck or any large car, then when 8 ball leaves to get into position drive to him and slant the car so when he moves out he gets stuck between the barrels and the side of the car.

you have to watch out for the car disappearing sometimes, other times 8 ball can walk around the car or push through your barricade. also be sure to not move to close to the 2 columbians, if you get to close they will start shooting and the mission is triggered.

when it works, it works well, since you don't have to worry about 8 ball dying, and i find it alot more fun to snipe the guys with out the stress of having to keep 8 ball alive
Old 07-12-02, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i find it alot more fun to snipe the guys with out the stress of having to keep 8 ball alive
Wuss.
Old 07-12-02, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not to threadcrap, but I never understood why people have trouble with this. You get on top of the warehouse or the tanks next to it, and take the guys out in the order of how far they are from 8-ball. It took me one try to do it.
Old 07-12-02, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

i can get the first two guys at the bottom from the warehouse but can never get the others. where is that slowmotion pill and where are the berrles?
Old 07-12-02, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Took me a few tries until I found out what order to shoot the guys in...

Damn Colombians.
Old 07-12-02, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would have to say it's not hard. Stand on the corner of the warehouse nearest the two columbians near the truck. Use moderate zoom. Shoot them first. Mission starts. Work left to right across the ship, taking care not to miss anyone. If there's a red barrel (you might mistake it for a box, but it's the only red things on the ship), shoot that once and it will blow up causing a huge explosion and lots of death. Be careful though, it will also kill 8-ball if he's too close (of course, if he's that close, he's probably dead anyway).

If you're still having problems, you might need to practice sniping a bit. If you still can't get it, the adrenaline pill is just around the corner. Walk around the warehouse you're sniping from, and you can't miss it. It's on the side that faces the entrance to the docks.
Old 07-13-02, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Sniping didn't work for me so I got some armor and uzis and just blasted my way through, got about 5 health remaining when it was over.
Old 07-13-02, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

that is an interesting way to do it also. Didn't even think of it that way.
Old 07-15-02, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

wheres the armor and what are uzis
Old 07-15-02, 09:29 PM
veritas

I used a cheat code and blew them all up with the bazooka. =)
Old 09-06-02, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

where is that little slow motion pill again, i still cant find it
Old 09-06-02, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Woah dude, I hope you haven't been trying to complete this mission for the past 2 months.
Old 09-07-02, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't consider myself any sort of gaming wizard, but while my roommate tried over and over again (with another friend's help) he needed the adrenaline pill, but I got it on my first try without it. I just found it reasonably difficult but not terribly hard, just move fast and don't miss. If you're using the sniper rifle, chances are one shot will kill each guy, even if you hit him in the arm or foot or somewhere else not as important. In my experience, the only people in the game who aren't killed in one hit by the sniper rifle are the FBI. I've shot them point blank in the head with it and they barely flinch. The second shot takes them out though.
Old 09-07-02, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Aghama
Woah dude, I hope you haven't been trying to complete this mission for the past 2 months.
after i gave up on that after like a week, i just tried to kill as many people as possible with the shot gun and the automatic
Old 09-07-02, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Rypro 525
what are uzis
You... Don't know what uzis are.... Interesting.

Old 09-07-02, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If it's really that hard, just use the cheats and blow everyone up with the rocket launcher, or get full armor and health and a M16 and just storm the ship... or a tank. The possibilities with cheats are endless.

It's not that difficult. The adrenaline pill is on the side of the building. If you're looking at the ship, the pill would be on your right, around the corner. It's inside a little nest of small buildings, if I remember correctly.

Take your time lining up the first shot, get the guy that's obscured by the truck. Then hit his buddy, who's out in the open. The rest of the guys should be easy, you have plenty of time. Scroll up the ramp, and move left to right looking for guys. If you see a red barrel, shoot that. Just don't get in too much of a hurry, the gun reloads extremely slow. Take the extra time to line up the shot. One shot, no matter where it lands will kill each guy, so you don't need to wait to see if they go down, only that they are shot.

Where is 8-ball getting killed? How far into the mission can you get exactly?
Old 09-07-02, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

it takes me a long time to get lined up but i kill the first two guys easily but for some reason it is hard for me to find the other guys and 8 ball normally gets killed either coming up the ramp or right at the top
Old 09-07-02, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you having that much difficulty with this mission forget about beating the game! Use the cheats. The one that shakes the cops is a lifesaver.
Old 09-08-02, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What zoom setting are you using? You don't want to be zoomed in to the point you can see the whites of their eyes. If you're zoomed in all the way, it will make it very difficult to find the people you need to shoot. I use maybe half zoom. I can see the whole truck and both guys standing next to it before I start.

If 8-ball is getting killed early, it sounds like you're missing someone near the ramp. If you kill everyone near the ramp, he will be able to make it onboard the ship. Generally, the guys won't kill him until he gets fairly close, which gives you plenty of time to pick them off if you work from left to right, and especially if you hit the red barrels. The red barrels change this from challenging to almost easy.

Here's my tip. Try shooting the first two guys, and follow 8-ball with the scope and see who shoots him. That's the next guy you need to kill. Restart the mission, kill the two guys, and the guy you saw shoot 8-ball. Repeat this process until you find all the shooters.

If 8-ball is dying at the top of the ramp, I can promise you that either you're not spotting one of the early guys, or you aren't working up the ramp and left to right like you are supposed to. For the most part, the bad guys won't pick him off until he passes all the other bad guys before them. If you can kill the first two guys easily, you shouldn't have a problem with the rest of the mission.
Old 09-08-02, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The "Bomb Da Base" video on this site might help you a lot.

The guy sucks at sniping and never shoots the barrels, but manages to easily finish the mission.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.