Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Shatter Dead

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-02, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shatter Dead

anyone have this or seen it?

mainly interested in the DVD, but could also use some mentions of the movie itself.

for those that have never heard of it:

http://www.mondo-digital.com/shatterdead.html

amazon sells it for a reasonable price of 29.99, hence my extreme caution...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...276614-5643160

.....umm i just read the amazon review and user comments, something wacky must be going on since there are definitely all talking about a different movie. right cover title and cover though...

Last edited by Venom; 07-11-02 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-12-02, 08:43 AM

I'm friends with the director.. and they are infact, one in the same.

--Krisbee.com
Old 07-12-02, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Krisbee, i'm kinda confused about your post. you're saying that amazon doesn't have the wrong plot summary and customer reviews for Shatter Dead??

from mondo digital:

"Determined to return to her boyfriend, Susan (Stark Raven) must contend with armies of morose undead who wander the streets and decide to force the living to join them. Led by a mysterious preacher, the zombies seem content with their neverending plight on earth, but Susan has no desire to join them. Suicide outbreaks have caused the zombie population to escalate, but fortunately Susan's gun-toting habits serve her well even when she's up against such sights as a pregnant zombie. Throw in some girl/girl shower fun, a bizarre graveyard dream sequence, a Romero-style zombie car melee, and a twisted ending out of an Italian '70s art film, and you've got the recipe for a very twisted time in front of the TV. "

from amazon:

"Dwight Frye is your average college student. The only difference... his not-so-average friend, Hiram! See, Hiram is a mad scientist in training, a modern day Frankenstein, and he wants to create a human being from dead flesh so that he can outdo his arch-nemesis, mad scientist, Lionel. Dwight believes in helping out a friend, so he agrees, much to the dismay of his girlfriend, Peggy. And their efforts actually pay off - they animate a corpse! Now Peggy has a living, breathing monster - aptly, if not uncreatively named, Monster - running around her professor's house. Seemingly harmless at first, Monster soon rocks the boat by accidentally murdering a member of a student youth group. Now the members of the group want to kill Hiram, and Lionel vows to destroy Hiram's creation. Horrified by what they have created and that they might be arrested before Hiram can show his project to his class, Dwight, Hiram, Peggy and the Monster must hide out and wait. Will they be ! caught? Will Hiram be killed? Will Lionel destroy the Monster? If he lives, will Hiram get and A? "

plus the title is Shatter Dead, yet this remark is made by a amazon buyer:

"I happened upon this movie on Amazon, and bought it becuase of its ridiculously long and stupid title"

2 words isn't a ridiculously long title....

even more confused now
Old 07-12-02, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...ahh... here are two reviews of the movie:

. . . ! ! ! S P O I L E R S ! ! !

http://www.daily-reviews.com/s/bmshatterdead.htm

http://www.joebobbriggs.com/bmoviegu...atterdead.html

...and here's a review of the DVD by DVD Talk's very own G. Noel Gross:

. . . . . .

Last edited by Hendrik; 07-12-02 at 11:32 AM.