Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

HKFlix pricematch Azn Films?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-02, 04:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

I was going to post this in the 'store forum', but I think it is more appropriate here. I'm not sure if this belongs in here or not, so please feel free to delete it. Well, here goes . . .

I just bought the Malata through HKFlix so I'm ready to start ordering some different region discs. I'm looking to get these films:

A Man Called Hero
Love on Delivery
A Hero Never Dies
Audition
Ichi the Killer
Battle Royale (All Region)
Versus (the official release)
Visitor Q

I checked the prices around on a few sites and it looks like HKFlix and Aznfilms.com have the lowest. Here's my dilemma - Aznfilm's prices for items 1-5 are lower and they have Versus and Visitor Q, but they don't have the Battle Royale yet which I've been dying to see. I'm thinking of ordering from them, but have not purchased anything previously. I have heard good things through other movie forums though.

Can anyone comment on Aznfilms' service, shipping time, etc.? I've ordered from HKFlix too many times to remember, so I'm more comfortable with them, but I'll shop anywhere that has the lower price. Also, I wan't to get HKFlix to price-match per their policy, but I'm not sure if they would or not since I've never asked for one either. Can anyone comment on this?

I've bought from DDDhouse before and know of other retailers overseas, but my husband is always anxioius to watch new movies so I'm aiming for the fastest delivery without killing myself in shipping fees. Please post any thoughts or comments. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 07-11-02, 04:20 AM

HKFLIX price match

sexygal910: Please simply submit your order and in the special comments field, mention about our competitor's prices on the DVDs you're ordering (be sure to mention our competitor's company name and their price). We will match their price and manually adjust your total price (emailing you confirmation of the total price before your card is charged). If you prefer, you can fill out our price match form available at http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/infoID.21/qx/info.htm. However, this is a formality and is not necessary. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to email me directly.

Cheers,
Jeff
HKFLIX.com
[email protected]
Old 07-11-02, 03:41 PM
Banned

AznFilms Titles

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. I actually went ahead and submitted the order with Aznfilms - mainly because they had Versus and Visitor Q. I sent them an e-mail about Battle Royale and they replied within a few hours stating that they will be getting it in at a few days and asked if I wanted to order it also. Needless to say, I've been wooed by their service person. But that doesn't change my impression about your company though. HKFlix has done a great job. Keep up the good work and thank you for your fast reply! I'll be placing another order with you guys soon!
Old 07-11-02, 03:44 PM
Banned

Speaking of . . .

Jeff,

One more thing . . . speaking of Versus and Visitor Q, is there any particular reason why you guys don't carry these titles? Also, I've been looking for a copy of Takashi Miike's Dead or Alive and a few other UK DVDs. You have the Battle Royale disc, why don't you carry more of these?
Old 07-11-02, 04:32 PM

sexygal910: We don't carry Japanese DVDs because they are so expensive. Perhaps in the future, we will add them. It certainly might be worthwhile to carry the more popular titles. In regards to UK DVDs, you will see us adding many more of these titles in the next month or so. Thank you for your kind words.

Cheers,
Jeff
HKFLIX.com
[email protected]