Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Home Theater Setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-02, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Home Theater Setup

Hi All,

I am thinking of setting up a little home theather surround sound in my room. I am looking for an AV reciever and surround sound speaker set. The size of the room is about 13X10 ft. Also, I am looking for a cost effective system. (this is only for a bedroom) As of right now, I am looking at the:

Onkyo AVR-600 reciever

JBL NSP1 speaker package

Sony SAW m40 subwoofer.

For this set, it's gonna cost me about 750-800 bucks. Any suggestions as to a better system for the price or any opinions on the products listed above? Also, I was looking at the JBL SCS 135SI speaker package? would the SCS 135 be better or worse than the NSP1 and Sony Sub combo?

Thanks for all your help ahead of time

Vic
Old 07-08-02, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had the Onkyo 600 for a few weeks now and really like it. You might want to make sure that those speakers can handle that reciever. I've read that the Onkyo really only has about 34w of output running 5.1 instead of the 70/80 it suggests. Just make sure those speakers have a low enough wattage rating.