Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Are there any extremely popluar games that you cant stand?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-02, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone out there dislike some of these mainstream "best games ever"? Im just curious as to who doesnt quite agree with everyone else. Lets start a list of the main systems and the #1 big title you did not like. Please, no slamming others for the games they pick.

XBOX - Halo (A sub-par FPS thats outdone by too many to count on the PC. The multiplayer consists or driving around in vehicles and bad weapon selection)

PS2 - Metal Gear Solid 2 (I actually own this and played through most of it. Theres not as much action as the first game, and its no where near as fun. You pretty much are forced to sneak in EVERY room and cant kill anything)

GC - Unknown ( I dont own one and have only played Luigi's Mansion, which was fun)

PC - Warcraft 3 (This is a recent one, so I picked it. Its just more of the same, which isnt a good thing. Another below average RTS. I am a huge RTS fan and wonder why only the Command & Conquer games can get it right?)
Old 07-05-02, 09:24 AM
Cat

I couldn't stand Residen Evil for GameCube. It sure looked good, but it was the most frustrating game I have played in a long time. I couldn't stand the control scheme.

Cat
Old 07-05-02, 09:30 AM

Each and every Final Fantasy ever released.
Old 07-05-02, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

GTA 3 : Extremely overrated

Morrowind : Simply boring

The Sims : Gets old after about an hour
Old 07-05-02, 09:48 AM

Originally posted by Toofpaste
Wow, you hate them yet you've played every single one? What are there, like 10??
Old 07-05-02, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll add another vote for the Final Fantasy series. I haven't played every one of them but I have tried 7 & 10 and just can't get into the games at all.
Old 07-05-02, 09:53 AM

Diablo - Every so often I'll throw it in thinking that I'll finally "get it". No such luck.

Black & White - Fun for about an hour.

The Sims - Just interesting enough to keep you playing...which makes it even worse.
Old 07-05-02, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Toofpaste
ditto
Old 07-05-02, 10:05 AM

Metal Gear Solid 2 - Overrated and overhyped. If I wanted to watch a movie, I'd go see one.

Resident Evil - Sure it looks great. But after about 1 hour of that "control" system, I didn't care about graphics anymore.

Black & White - It's fun for a few minutes...and that's about it.

The Sims - I could never get into this game (or the expansion packs for that matter).
Old 07-05-02, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

MGS and MGS2
Chrono Cross
Xenogears
most of the FF games (I've played them all and FF6 was the only one I really liked)
Old 07-05-02, 10:19 AM

Add my votes for the Final Fantasy series and Metal Gear Solid 2. I love RPGs but could never get into the Final Fantasy games no matter how hard I tried. MGS2 had a ton of hype behind it and I was sorely disappointed with the final product.
Old 07-05-02, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have any of you played the SNES Final Fantasys? Just curious as they were some of the greatest RPG's ever, IMHO.

And someone else hates Halo? Wow. Amazing.

Anyway the only one I can think of is MGS2
Old 07-05-02, 10:33 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Amazing how many people here HATE the Final Fantasy games, but then keep playing every one in the series.
Old 07-05-02, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amazing how many people here HATE the Final Fantasy games, but then keep playing every one in the series.
My explination for that is simple. FF6 was one of the best games ever. FF4 was pretty damn good too. I figure Square should be able to make a game that good again eventually so I keep trying all their crappy new games.
Old 07-05-02, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hate the weapons system in Vagrant Story. I started it a while ago and the breaking down into components and attribute scheme makes me nuts. I can't keep track of it all. I enjoy the combat system and the storyline, but the weapons issues are enough to make me turn it off.
Old 07-05-02, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Heh, I almost forgot about Final Fantasy and Resident Evil. I dont like any of those either. RE1 was ok for its time, and I think I actually beat it. I can only take so much of grabbing ammo, killing a zombie and pre-rendered backgrounds. Give me Silent Hill any day. As for FF, Im not a huge RPG fan so I guess I cant judge them too much. I do like Dragon Warrior games though, and those beat any FF Ive seen

And Black & White for the PC...worst $50 I ever spent, I can't believe I bought that
Old 07-05-02, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

GTA3: Everytime I play it, I always gets dizzy and always almost gonna
Old 07-05-02, 12:41 PM

The Tony Hawk series (or the snowboarding line of games) has never done a single thing for me.
Old 07-05-02, 01:00 PM
Banned

I would have to put my votes in for:

Tony Hawk series
Any Resident Evil style of game (prerendered graphics with **** control) .. (Genma Onimusha, RE's, etc etc)

-Jim
Old 07-05-02, 01:21 PM
zig

I'm not a big RPG fan, but I never could get into any of the Final Fantasies I tried. Just too... boring.

Most overrated for the PC is definitely CS. Even when I tried playing with people I know, I didn't like it. And forget trying to play on a public server. Game you dont really like + a bunch of CS idiots = bad gaming experience.
Old 07-05-02, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
While I do not hate GTA3, I also do not understand why so many people like it. I played it for a few days and gave it back to a friend who was putting it on EBAY. Oh well to each his own. For the record I do think Halo is an amazing game.
Old 07-05-02, 02:38 PM

I'd also have to throw in a vote for mgs2. Too much movie and not enough game along with the huge suprise plot twist thingy pretty much killed that game for me.
Old 07-05-02, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Quake Series.

I enjoy the games using the Quake series engine though... i.e. Half-life,Counterstrike etc..
Old 07-05-02, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Halo does not hold a candle to PC FPSs, but then the PC doesn't have any good fighting games so let's keep this civil... For a console FPS, Halo is second only to Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

That said, I think TEKKEN is the worst sort of fighting game, I hate them all, with a passion.
Old 07-05-02, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
Re: Are there any extremely popluar games that you cant stand?

Originally posted by discostu1337

XBOX - Halo (A sub-par FPS thats outdone by too many to count on the PC. The multiplayer consists or driving around in vehicles and bad weapon selection)
WHOAH!!!!!!!!!! Them's fightin' words, my friend!!!

...I must...walk...away...from my...computer...now....OK, start counting to 10...1...2...3...

Whew!! OK, now I'm ready for civil discussion. Sub-par?? Are you kidding? Bad weapon selection?? Still kidding, huh? Especially in multi-player, those comments are way out of line. You can totally configure the game to how you like to play, with human, alien, or both kinds of weapons, with or without vehicles, capture the flag, free-for-all, team play, king of the hill, etc... The game 'handles' like a dream, the button layout is efficient and 'comfortable', the graphics are stunning, the levels are detailed, the vehicles, well, kick ass, alien comments are awesome, etc...

I'm not flaming you, I just don't see how someone who obviously enjoys FPS games can say this one sucks. This game kicked the door wide open for what a console FPS can & should be like. (In my opinion)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.