Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

music in pc games

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-02, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
music in pc games

I'm not sure which forum this belongs in.. computers or video games.. it involves both! I have numerous PC games, and some of them feature really beautiful soundtracks that I would love to be able to convert to a wave file for listening. However, many, many of these games do not use a well used format such as wav or mp3's. AS a reslt, I can't figure out a way to play these files because windows doesn't recognize them as a playable file. :0

As for some games that I would really like to listen to their music as a wav file.... dungeon siege and the Baldurs gate 2.

I did find one really neat and useful program called Scumm revisited... http://scummrev.mixnmojo.com/

This is a really neat program that allows you to browse any Lucasarts game that was written with the Scumm engine. With some browsing, you can play your favorite dialogue from the game or even play the music and I think that you can convert it to a wave file as well. (I really liked hearing the curse of monkey island music)

If anyone has any idea how I can listen to these soundtracks in games then I would be very thankful!
Old 07-03-02, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your best bet if you're really a fan of game music is to actually buy the soundtrack CD. Many game publishers sell the soundtrack CD on their website if it's available. You could also try www.gamemusic.com but I think it's mostly console games. I enjoy having the soundtrack seperate from any in-game sound effects and on a CD I can just pop into any CD player. Plus it's nice to support the artists.