Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Baseball Question :)

IdgIe49
07-02-02, 10:35 AM
Since the likes of Pedro isnt going to go to the AllStar Game because he wants to stay healthy, why doesnt the MLB have their Allstar game after the World Series?? That way, those who are chosen are actually chosen the way YOU all think they should be and their wont be any cry babies ???? Granted there are a kazillion games and such, but then that too would be a good idea as to who would go and not have any big name pitchers like Pedro not go.

Do they get a bonus if theyre named to the Allstar team??

Geofferson
07-02-02, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by IdgIe49
Since the likes of Pedro isnt going to go to the AllStar Game because he wants to stay healthy, why doesnt the MLB have their Allstar game after the World Series?? That way, those who are chosen are actually chosen the way YOU all think they should be and their wont be any cry babies ???? Granted there are a kazillion games and such, but then that too would be a good idea as to who would go and not have any big name pitchers like Pedro not go.

Not sure if players get a bonus or not. But the All-Star game has historically been a mid-season break for MLB. The season is long, so this gives the non all-star players a chance to be with family and a chance for the all-star players to have some fun. If the all-star game was held after the season was over, it'd turn into the Pro Bowl (no one would watch ;) ).

Copenhagen
07-02-02, 10:45 AM
:hscratch: I thought only Bust and twikoff could start baseball question threads ;)

KitchenSink
07-02-02, 10:46 AM
Nobody would give a rat's ass if it was at the end of the year. Just like football.

A few players have had bonus clauses in their contracts if they make the all star game in the past. Would imagine there are a few out their currently.

Soup Nazi
07-02-02, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by IdgIe49

Depends if there is a clause in their contract that stipulates it ...

Copenhagen
07-02-02, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Geofferson

Not sure if players get a bonus or not. But the All-Star game has historically been a mid-season break for MLB. The season is long, so this gives the non all-star players a chance to be with family and a chance for the all-star players to have some fun. If the all-star game was held after the season was over, it'd turn into the Pro Bowl (no one would watch ;) ).

Most players do have some sort of bonus built into their contracts. Those with lesser chances of making the team have a higher bonus built in, while those who are there year to year have a lesser bonus.

I agree with the mid-summer classic turning into the Pro Bowl if it were player after the world series.

IdgIe49
07-02-02, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Copenhagen
:hscratch: I thought only Bust and twikoff could start baseball question threads ;)

:lol: I asked a few BB questions when the Forum first "opened." :p

IdgIe49
07-02-02, 10:53 AM
I watch the Pro-Bowl. :) :p FOOTBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Jericho
07-02-02, 11:17 AM
If Brian Giles makes the all-star team this year, it's worth $550,000 to him. though technically his bonus is only $50,000, the $500,000 is a salary bump for a future year.

Red Dog
07-02-02, 11:22 AM
Remember that 90%+ of the players are not All-Stars. A mid-season break from a 162-game schedule is a welcome respite for them I'm sure.