Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Gta3

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-02, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gta3

can I just say this game is a BLAST! I sit here and just crack up I'm still in the very early stages of the game (done a few missions for Joey and that other first guy). Superb game!
Old 06-30-02, 03:37 AM
wiz
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah, I am still enjoying this game a month later. Can't say that about many games, cept maybe Jedi Knight II. I just made it onto Staunton Island and let me tell you I thought I knew the streets in Portland, but now you have to start all over again. Time to grab the Taxi and figure out how to get around the maze of streets. oh, and at the fast cars at every stoplight, just begging to be jacked! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........
Old 06-30-02, 04:26 AM
Mod Emeritus

It's fun but I hate the missions that make you span all three areas. I'm on the mission now where you have to ram the drug areas or whatever and there are some on all three maps. Trouble is I always get blown up just cruising around, the cars are too fragile. I also get sidetracked and end up trying to steal a tank or FBI car. Hate the cop missions but I think they'd be funner with a tank.

You know what would be a cool feature is to give the player a choice of which cartels and mafia groups he wants to backstab, join, leader, etc. It's a bit too linear. Fun as hell though.
Old 06-30-02, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by wiz
Yeah, I am still enjoying this game a month later. Can't say that about many games, cept maybe Jedi Knight II. I just made it onto Staunton Island and let me tell you I thought I knew the streets in Portland, but now you have to start all over again. Time to grab the Taxi and figure out how to get around the maze of streets. oh, and at the fast cars at every stoplight, just begging to be jacked! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........

I have had this game since it's release and still have not tired of it....
Old 06-30-02, 08:46 PM

Gallant Pig, the secret to the mission you are stuck on is to change cars after about every 3 coffee stands you hit. Unless you get into some other cars along the way. Just change cars often and you'll get through it.

Some of the missions are just downright aggravating especially towards the end. But I've enjoyed every minute trying to complete them. I just finished the story part of the game this past week but I plan on going back to do it all over again...after I finish Soldier of Fortune 2.

Chris