Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Dreamcast Online, Anyone still play? SEGA.NET still around?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-02, 03:47 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just curious if anyone still played their Dreamcast online, or used any of the online features?

I used to download the updates for some games, notably Sonic Adventure 1 (have alot of the theme updates saved on the 4x memory card and what not).. Also played some PSO ver1 online, as well as some NFL2k1 back in the day.

Did anyone here sing up for SEGA.NET to play the newer online titles? (sega sports 2k2, bomberman online, etc?)

Anyone ever go online with Floigan Brothers or Ooga Booga?

My experience with the online Dreamcast was a pretty good one.. NFL2k1 ran pretty well, with slight lag, but nothing horrible.. PSO was perfect online... The downloads for other games were alright just not enough of them.. Don't really remember going online with any other games.

Had the broadband adaptor for a while before selling it. Played some Quake 3 Arena online wiht it, which was pretty good fun.

-Jim
Old 06-27-02, 04:40 AM

What was the broadband adapter like? Really fast?
I've only played Unreal Tournament online-and I've done that once only. I had a game for about 5 minutes before realizing I was getting whoooooooooped and needed practice
I do want to get Quake 3,Daytona,Speed Devils online or any games that you can play online at the moment(without having to pay Sega). Anyone know what games are online(besides PSO)?
Thanks.
Old 06-27-02, 01:43 PM
Banned

There are quitea few games you can play without paying for SEGA.NET, but I dont know them all..

The Broadband adaptor was very nice, and it was easy to find alot of other broadbanders online, too, so the games were pretty much lag free.

Unfortunately, only a few games used it. I was hoping NFL2k2 and what not would support it, but they didnt. Quake 3 Arena, Unreal Tournament, POD: Speedzone all supported it, and I think it was possible to get PSO Version 2 to work wiht it, buit with a little jimmy-rigging.
Old 06-28-02, 04:41 AM
Cool New Member

Bomberman Online always worked fine for me online without subscribing to Sega.Net. I haven't tried it in a long time, though. I remember it being a lot of fun, but not enough people were ever online. Outside of that, I played a lot of Quake 3 and a little bit of Chu Chu Rocket, but that game just sucked.

I haven't played my Dreamcast in a long time, but if I knew a few people to meet up with for Bomberman, I'd be all for it.
Old 06-28-02, 09:08 AM

I was able to connect yesterday on Outtrigger(although noone was on), and Unreal without sega.net. PSO still works although if you play v2 you need to pay for a Hunter's License.
Old 06-28-02, 10:37 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

sega net was awesome, too bad it's no longer in use
Old 06-28-02, 05:34 PM
Banned

Well it is still in use by some people , isn't it?

Do people still play NFL 2k2 online? Can anyone comfirm this?

Thanks
-Jim
Old 06-28-02, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I play worms without a segnet fee
PSO 1 as stated
Tetris
UT
Quake III
Starlancer
as well.
Old 06-29-02, 04:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I don't know if it's still working, but I'd hand all of you your asses in chu chu rocket.
Old 06-30-02, 12:03 AM
Banned

I used to play Chu Chu, right when it came out.. Would play people all the time in Japan and what not.

but the lag was just too much for a fast puzzle game. Everyone seemed to work around it quite well, but it was just too much.

Luckily Sonic Team learned from their Chu Chu Rocket experience and made 56k work so much better in their future games (PSO v1 and v2)..

Chu Chu Rocket is quite the under-rated puzzle game experience.... Love that they made it for Game Boy Advance, but where is the Chu Chu Rocket 2 for Xbox/ps2/gamecube?
Old 07-02-02, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Look in the top 10 lists for me