Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Ghost Recon (and exp. pack) ... your opinions wanted!

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 06-23-02, 08:13 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ghost Recon: Game of the Year Edition (with the expansion pack, Desert Siege) is on sale for $40 at Circuit City this week. I've never played this game before, but I'm thinking I'd like it a lot. I liked Operation Flashpoint, MOH:AA, Soldier of Fortune II, Rainbow 6, SWAT 3, and other FPSes. Considering that the two games used to cost $70 together, I'm thinking this may be the time to pick it up.

If you've played the game before, did/do you like it? How does it stack up against other FPSes?
Old 06-23-02, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love GR and DS. The graphics and sound are great of course but what really stands out is the control. It's so simple to give commands to your squadmates and the other squads. All you do is press Ctrl and issue your orders on the mini-map that pops up.

The game of course has its similarities to R6 but the whole feel of the game is different. First off the majority of the game takes place in wide open spaces and that really changes everything. The only other game I've played that was this wide open was Op. Flashpoint. MOHAA seems linear and scripted when compared to GR/DS becuse there's just so much more freedom in comparison. I played through GR and DS twice each. The first time through I was slow and methodical while the the second go round I played fast and loose. The game played perfectly fine both ways but felt completely different.

Enough rambling. I love GR and DS. I suggest you, and others, buy this game, especially at that price.