DVD Talk
Anyone here(used too or still does)play strat-o-matic or other sports games? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Anyone here(used too or still does)play strat-o-matic or other sports games?

dvd-4-life
06-23-02, 04:37 PM
I am a veteran of over approx. 30,000 dice baseball games(no gambling).Haven't played in awhile.I love having expansion drafts and forming my own teams and making my own trades.The hardest thing to do in this game is to have a player hit 4 homers in a game.I have done it twice(Dan Meyer and Al Chambers) as far as I can remember.

twikoff
06-23-02, 04:40 PM
not sure
but i think some people in this forum play smallball ;)

The Dude
06-23-02, 05:17 PM
Have last years edition of APBA baseball, and I absolutely love it. Been to a few forums where folks are really into the computer versions of the games, but I'm a big fan of the dice/board versions.

DarkElf
06-23-02, 11:31 PM
I started with a dice game called Pursue The Pennant. It was outstanding, better than Strat-O-Matic. It later became a game for the PC. Then bought out and renamed to Diamond Mind Baseball (you might have heard of the owner, Tom Tippett, an occasional contributer to ESPN).

I used to have my own league. 12 teams. I designed my own stadiums and held drafts each year. Played a full 162 game schedule, which wasn't too hard b/c the PC version of the game took a max of 30 minutes.

I haven't played since it became Diamond Mind Baseball, and was planning on getting back into it, but then some <s>Dork</s> Duque YM'ed me about some stupid game called Small Ball, and the rest, as they say, is history. :)

criptik28
06-24-02, 12:04 AM
I've been thinking about trying out Strat-O-Matic...but their website has so many different products, it's confusing! ( http://www.strat-o-matic.com/cgi-local/shop.pl/page=bbboard.htm/SID=947811125291 )

criptik28
06-24-02, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by DarkElf

I haven't played since it became Diamond Mind Baseball, and was planning on getting back into it, but then some <s>Dork</s> Duque YM'ed me about some stupid game called Small Ball, and the rest, as they say, is history. :)

rotfl