Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Almost Famous - Where's the stuff?

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-02, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the Almost Famous bootleg cut, and I can't find the director's commentary on either disc, or the deleted scenes on the second disk. The back of the box says it's all supposed to be in there somewhere. I don't know if it's hidden or if I'm doing something wrong. Someone help, please! What do I do???
Old 06-15-02, 04:39 AM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dir. commentary on the first disc is under the audio menu. It's the first selection on the list.

Disc 2: No audio commentary on the film. Commentary on deleted scenes is actually audio introductions. (Both the audio introductions and the scenes are under the special features menu.) Click on the microphones (both the microphones and the titles can be selected seperately) for the audio introductions.

There are 3 deleted scenes. The first is the "complete" Cleveland Concert, which is made up of concert footage not shown in the film, but also reedited here to look like concert footage. Second is the Small Time Blues item, and is "demo version" of the performance of the song, Small Time Blues. The last cut scene is the Stairway to Heaven sequence.

There's a relatively specific listing of the special features in DVDFile's review of the movie: http://www.dvdfile.com/software/revi..._untitled.html

Hope that helps.

-David
Old 06-15-02, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are 3 easter eggs in this set also
do a search for Almost Famous Easter eggs on the main dvd talk forum for specific instructions on finding them