Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New Kenwood KDC-MPV7019/organising mp3s for in-car use

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

New Kenwood KDC-MPV7019/organising mp3s for in-car use

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-02, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone own the Kenwood KDC-MPV7019 MP3 deck?

I currently have a Pioneer (DEH-P8000R). I made my first mp3 cd early this morning and went out testing the units at 4 different shops. None of the employees had any clue to work any of the decks. It was pretty much pushing buttons and one was using the manuals.

I really am sold on the Kenwood at this time. I owned a Kenwood (5003) before upgrading to the Pioneer and NEVER had any problems with it.

Anyhow, about the 7019:

1) Is the face plate motorized when opening or does it just flop down and you push it back up once the cd is inserted?

2) Is this the model that has the angle button which will tilt the faceplate upward. This will be highly handy since my deck is in the lower pocket of my 98 Civic.

3) No shops had the remotes! I see the remote on this model has 1-10 numeric buttons. Will these buttons allow me to pop in a mp3 cd and hit *8* *4* and it goes to track *84*? I just can not see hitting the
Fwd button 84 times to get to that track.

4) Does anyone know the ID3 character limit on this model? If I remember correctly this model did display the entire text for my songs. And some were quite LONG!

5) I see the 619 is very similar. It doesn't have the sub woofer output correct? I need this output since my Punch amp does not have a x-over.

6) When hitting "ATT" to mute the cd player and when you push it again does the music slowly come back on to full volume? This is one thing I loved about my Kenwood (5003) deck and don't like about my $650 Pioneer :thumbdown:

Thanks for any input you guys can give me on this deck!!
Old 06-13-02, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How many mp3s do you carry in your car?

Earlier today I purchased my first mp3 player for the car. Kenwood KDC-MPV9107

I am really excited and can't wait to tackle the install next week.

I am just curious to how many mp3 cds you keep in the car with you? It gets really hot here in Ga. so I am always having to bring my 2 cases of cds in each day. They are pretty bulky and hold 200 cds btween them. I am thinking about stepping down to a 10 disc holder / case. 10 X 120 = 1,200 songs which is roughly about 66 cds. I think this should be plenty of entertainment

What kind of changes (as to how many cds you tote) did you make when you upgraded to mp3s from regular cds?
Old 06-14-02, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I have a small CD case that holds 20 CDs, but I only have around 7 CD-Rs in them currently filled with MP3s of my albums. It's plenty enough, and I like not leaving my regular music CDs roasting in the Georgia sun either.

31 characters seems to be the limit for ID3V2 tags (I could be uninformed though).
Old 06-14-02, 02:53 AM

No cds, but 40 gigs (500 albums) in my Empeg.

People always look twice when the display says "time remaining in playlist: 11 days 21 hours 22 minutes 16 seconds"
Old 07-01-02, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How do you organize your MP3's?

I have all my mp3s (over 2,500) in one folder and it's a headache to look through. I am thinking about making a folder for each artist or at least the main ones.

How do you organize your mp3s?

I need to figure out something since I have to creat folders to make my mp3s/cdr's for the car.

Thanks for any input!

Or maybe a Rap / Rock / Oldies folders with folders for each artist inside each category?