Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

mp3 Wriedness on the Net (No Doubt)

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 06-12-02, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello all...

been finding myself listening (watching?) to No Doubt lately, and wanted to download some songs off the 'Rock Steady' cd before buying (seriously, if i like it, i buy it.), and noticed something really strange. the net is flooded with mp3's of songs from Rock Steady, but it's just the chorus looped over and over for however long the song should be.. this is on both kazaa and audiogalaxy...
think this is some kind of record company thing to stop piracy or what? what's going on here?
Old 06-12-02, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

What you downloaded was what was leaked a couple of months before the CD came out and yes it is just the hook looped over and over. The disc is out there...I grabbed it and then quickly deleted it because it is horrible.
Old 06-12-02, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You'll find the same thing is true for Sheryl Crow's new album and a bunch of new albums since then. It is definitely a purposeful attempt to combat piracy, but whether or not it is a recording-company-sanctioned effort, or just the concerted effort of a few rogue anti-piracy advocates, I don't know.