Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Is there a number limt of item prices you can ask about $$ over the phone at B&M's?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Is there a number limt of item prices you can ask about $$ over the phone at B&M's?

Old 06-06-02, 11:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if Wal-Mart, Circuit City, Best Buy etc have a certain number of items they can give you prices over the phone? I'm trying to "price challenge" these stores(so far, Wal-Mart & Circuit City) are great with giving me prices over the phone for DVD's and CD's. But tonight I called best buy and the girl acted like a jerk about doing this. Gee, at my job I give out prices all the time so customers can know the price and "price challenge" the item if they find it lower within 50 miles of my job. See my profile for where I work if your curious.

Is there a certain number of items you can get the prices from these B&M's(and other B&M's)over the phone? What has been people's experinces with getting prices over the phone from these stores? Are there certain times of the day to call or what? Any special rules one should follow as a consumer? I've only asked for 6-9 titles at a time.I'm not asking for the all the DVD's they just, only specific DVD titles.

Am I doing anything wrong here?

Thanks for the help everyone!
Old 06-06-02, 11:22 PM

It really depends on the time of day. For me whenever people call on the phone I don't mind helping them out at all. In fact I even like carrying around the phone. It's when the people in store get ticked off about the sale rep being on the phone. Supposedly the in store person is supposed to have priority over the customer on the phone.
Old 06-07-02, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't mind giving prices either, but if its hella packed and crowded and im overwhelmed with customers and there getting pissed with me since im answering the phone instead of helping them, when im trying to do both i get annoyed since you can always find the prices online too. If its not that busy then i give you all the prices you want.
Old 06-08-02, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

6 to 9 does seem like a lot. i guess it's not that big of a deal if they hop on the computer. i hope you tell them you want to find the prices of however many you got, instead asking one by one, that would suck. i usually don't call, unless i really am pressed for time or the stores are out of my way, but i would feel like i'm pushing it if i asked about 3.