Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

X-Box Morrowind

Old 06-02-02, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X-Box Morrowind

Is Elder Scrolls coming out this Tuesday or next week? CC has it listed in there ad for 39.99 but the web site says that it ships on 6/10.
Also did anyone else notice that Best Buy and Circuit City had the PS2 and gamecube listed at the old price last week with the X-Box listed at 199.99.
Old 06-02-02, 10:14 PM

Re: X-Box Morrowind

Originally posted by MrPink
Is Elder Scrolls coming out this Tuesday or next week? CC has it listed in there ad for 39.99 but the web site says that it ships on 6/10.
Also did anyone else notice that Best Buy and Circuit City had the PS2 and gamecube listed at the old price last week with the X-Box listed at 199.99.
Morrowind still seems set for shipping on the 5th.

As for the ads, Microsoft had their drop planned well in advance for the 23rd. Sony and Nintendo had no plans to drop unless forced, which is why sales circulars, with their long lead times, were temporarily advertising incorrect prices.
Old 06-03-02, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
Circuit City has Morrowind for $39.99 this week. BTW, Fry's ad said it will have it on the 7th.
Old 06-03-02, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have gift card that I was going to use to get this game. I was hoping to be able to get it this week to make Bestbuy price match CC. It is now looking like this game wont be out until next week. No one at best buy seems to be able to bring the game up in their system. Maybe they wont carry it?
Old 06-03-02, 03:53 PM
Mod Emeritus

Have you tried CC?
Old 06-03-02, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
The Xbox Morrowind is $39.99 at CC?

Must of missed that in the ad, but I will go and get it this week. (If it is released)

Circuit City will probably put it on sale again next week if it is delayed. They did that with State of Emergency.
Old 06-04-02, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
From Team XBox:

Bethesda Softworks(tm) announced today that its highly-anticipated role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind(tm) for the Xbox(tm) video game system from Microsoft, will be in stores Friday, June 7.
Old 06-05-02, 05:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes!! I may have to call of Monday next week if this game is that good. I can't wait.
Old 06-05-02, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Originally posted by SmackDaddy
Circuit City has Morrowind for $39.99 this week. BTW, Fry's ad said it will have it on the 7th.
I have $15-$20 in Toys R Us Gift cards. How easy would it be to price match the CC price at Toys R Us? toysrus.com's guarantee page seems to indicate that this is entirely possible, but I'm wondering how one would go about it -- never tried a price match before. Do I take in a copy of the ad with me? If so, is there a place I can print up the CC ad?

thanks,
Tuan Jim
Old 06-06-02, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by darkside
The Xbox Morrowind is $39.99 at CC?

Must of missed that in the ad, but I will go and get it this week. (If it is released)

Circuit City will probably put it on sale again next week if it is delayed. They did that with State of Emergency.
I'm looking at the CC weekly ad on the website and I'm not seeing any mention whatsoever of Morrowind (or any non-PC games for that matter).

Tuan Jim
Old 06-06-02, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Tuan Jim

I'm looking at the CC weekly ad on the website and I'm not seeing any mention whatsoever of Morrowind (or any non-PC games for that matter).

Tuan Jim
It was in last Sunday's ad.

Funcoland told me that they would have it today 6/6.
Old 06-06-02, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well no luck.

Circuit City did not have them, said they offer no rainchecks for games and that they were getting it on the 12th.

Funcoland had them but I could not even ask how much they were. The lone salesperson was enthralled in a fascinating conversation with the only other customer in the store about a used gamecube and could not be bothered to even acknowledge me.
Old 06-06-02, 12:21 PM

Just went to ebgames.com saw that morrowind is available now.
Old 06-06-02, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has anyone seen this at bestbuy? I hate going into funcoland. I get the same type of service every time.
Old 06-07-02, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Circuit City did not have them, said they offer no rainchecks for games
Hmm, I've always been able to get a raincheck out of them in the past.
Old 06-07-02, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got it today at Funcoland (gamestop) $49.99
Old 06-07-02, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I stopped at bestbuy on the way home last night and they didn't have it out yet. The guy told me to check back on Saturday. I am going to stop and check again tonight.
Old 06-07-02, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Scarecrow

Hmm, I've always been able to get a raincheck out of them in the past.
I thought this strange as well, I spoke to two different people.
Old 06-07-02, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well I called one best buy and the idiot wouldn't even look just said no that he doesn't have the game and it is not coming out any time soon. I hate best buy.
Stopped at another one on my way home and they had 1 copy left on the shelf. Picked it up and went to CC to get the sales flyer and had them price match it.

The worst part is on my way to CC to say 11.00 some lady in a lexus rear ended my new car.
Can't wait to play the game.
Old 06-08-02, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well I was able to play for a couple hours last night and it definitely delivers on all expectations. Sweet graphics, and the control scheme is working like a charm - and the speed is incredible from something loading directly from the disc (and virtual memory), and not the HD.

Like any RPG the first hour is a little slow, and I'm still having problems figuring out what it is I'm picking up -- many items don't seem to have any sort of use (unless it's alchemical or magical or something), and the labels are rather confusing -- same with the spells, I can't find a distinct list of names and functions anywhere.

That said, I've made it to Balmora, hooked up with my patron, and just signed up at the Fighters guild. When I have a chance later today, I'll try a few subquests and whatnot. Incidentally, I did clear out the 3 smugglers at Seyda Neen (sp?), but I don't think anyone noticed, even though I also freed the slaves -- I have gotten a message that the legion commander at Balmora wants to see me, but I don't know if that's related. I'm trying to play a knight, honorable, chivalrous, etc.

great game so far, can't wait till I get off work.

Tuan Jim
Old 06-08-02, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's the beauty of Morrowind, it's very open-ended so you can do about anything you want. You can follow the storyline (the Blades bit) or go off on your own and do whatever you like. But that's also something that may scare people off. Without the linear gameplay most games have it's very possible to play for days and not do anything to "advance" the plot... but that's all up to the player.

As for the useless items, yes you'll be finding a lot of things with alchemical use and healing herbs that you will only know what do if you have training in the skill that governs the item. And even if you know what it does you may not know how to use it correctly right away. I, as a Busker (bard-thief) just collect the more expensive herbs and sell them. Anyone can use potions though so hang onto those.

Be sure to join a house and a guild as they will give you jobs to do as well. And if you travel between towns you will find a lot of people needing you to do things for them as well as a few people inside towns... but it can be dangerous. Save a lot

Quick question, does the X-Box version allow you to create your own races and professions and is there a way to load mods from the harddrive at all? If you can do the mod thing there should be a Data Files option from the main menu.

Glad to hear it's a good game even after making it to the console, it's one of those titles that it's a shame for people to miss out on.

~Scheherazade
Old 06-08-02, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Another quick question -- I just finished the quest for the Fighters Guild guy to retrieve the puzzle box (and kill all the outlaws at the same time ;p ) -- there were a lot of cogs down there that could've made me some money had I been stronger -- base strength is still 300. Will my strength only increase when I go up in level or are there any tasks I can perform to raise my strength stat?

Also, how do I tell how long till I level? I've raised my axe, block and movement skills a number of times already, but my level is still the same.

thanks,
Tuan Jim
Old 06-08-02, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As far as I know, besides magical items, the only way to raise strength is by levelling. There should be a progress bar somewhere in the menus that tells you how far you have to go till level and how far you have to go to advance in each of the skills.

Space, and the distribution thereof, is always going to be a high priority. I think at level 25 I can carry 300 stones or whatever it is the units of weight are called in Morrowind, but I'm sure that all depends on stats and skills and all sorts of things.

~Scheherazade
Old 06-09-02, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yet another question -- If I'm supposed to (as part of a side quest) get something from someone, and when I ask them about that item -- ie.
Spoiler:
codebook from Sotilde in Balmora
-- they tell me that they don't know what I'm talking about, would that be an example of not enough speechcraft or what?

Similarly, would I need higher intelligence to notice certain things -- ie.
Spoiler:
bookmaking coverups in the obsidian mines at Caldera
?

thanks,
Tuan Jim
Old 06-09-02, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will be picking this game up today at Best Buy. It is what finally made me decide to pick up an X-Box yesterday.

I can't wait to play it. Now I just have to wait for Best Buy to open.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.