Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Morrowind questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-02, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morrowind questions

where are Ajira's stolen reports (Mage guild quest)?

Is it safe to store stuff in empty containers? I stored my stash in some containers in an empty room in the fighter's guild of Balmora.

What is the purpose of clothes (shirt, pants) etc? They do not have an amour class associated with it.Do they do anything for u ?

I finished the secret code quest in the fighter's guild. How do you get more quests from the fighter's guild or is this the last quest for the guild?
Old 06-02-02, 03:08 AM

Re: Morrowind questions

Originally posted by timewaster
Is it safe to store stuff in empty containers? I stored my stash in some containers in an empty room in the fighter's guild of Balmora.
Yes, you can put your extra loot in empty containers or you can just leave it on the ground if you like. It won't disappear. Your best bet is to store all your stuff in a house in Balmora where the NPC owner isnt home. Just find one that you like and "move in"

What is the purpose of clothes (shirt, pants) etc? They do not have an amour class associated with it.Do they do anything for u ?
Clothes have no armor class but they come in handy when you enchant them (especially constant effect enchants). you can wear pants, a skirt and a shirt all under/over your armor.
Old 06-02-02, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The clothes are for us fluffy RPers who love to dress up. I don't usually wear armor so I like the nice selection of clothes. NPCs will also notice how well you are dressed and react differently toward you. I imagine they'd be more willing to talk to someone well-dressed than someone in rags.

I don't know much about the mage quests though I'm afraid... guess I'll need to roll one of those up as well

~Scheherazade
Old 06-03-02, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Do NOT store stuff in empty containers in buildings that are occupied with NPCs. I put a bunch of stuff in one of the chests in front of the beds at the Fighter's Guild in Balmora and all of it disappeared. I don't know how often it empties (I've left stuff in there for a day and it was still there when I came back), but just to be on the safe side, leave stuff on the ground. Nothing left on the ground will disappear. Or you can do as suggested above and store stuff in containers in an empty house.

I don't know if it's a bug or not. Fortunately I didn't store anything that was important; mostly just stuff I didn't want to carry.
Old 06-03-02, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,656 Likes on 1,033 Posts

where are Ajira's stolen reports (Mage guild quest)?
This is from memory, so bear with me. I'm not sure if it's a random thing or not either.
Spoiler:
One of the scrolls is behind the person who stole them. I can't remember her name, she's got a yellow robe on and she's on the main floor. It's in the baskets behind her. The other is downstairs in one of the partioned rooms, I think it's either the bedroom or the apothecary guys partition. It's on the ground near a wall. After finding the one in the baskets, I just walked around looking and I found the other one. Sorry it's kinda vague.
Old 06-03-02, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

draven-x is close, but I think I remember exactly where those reports are...

Since I can't get the spoiler tag to work...

Spoiler coming up!

The first report is at the bottom of the stairs from the office of the suspect (I can't remember her name either). It's in some of the crates. I think this is what draven-x was trying to remember. The other is downstairs in the main room. Go into the part that has a bed. I think the report is under the closet thingy.

Does the spoiler tag not work here?
Old 06-03-02, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, NPCs will pick things up if they fancy them. I dropped a soul gem or something in front of a mage and he said something in some babbling chant all excited about something like he was praising the gods and I look down and he snagged my soul gem. If you put stuff away in places you would normally think of hiding stuff it will still be there when you get back. I just comandeered a house in Balmora for all my storage space.

~Scheherazade
Old 06-03-02, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for all the info.
Any hints on getting to Maar Gan from Ald'ruhn? I wandered all over the ashlands and cannot find it.

Has anyone ever tried to sign up for morrowind.com? I tried to sign up (so that I can post msgs), but keep getting an error msg. It says something like I did not fill in all the fields, but I DID!
Old 06-04-02, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hmm never mind. I found a slit rider to take me there.
That place was damn hard to find even with the game map