Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Black Dreamcast any rarer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-02, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Dreamcast any rarer?

I have a black colored dreamcast (sports package, came with nba2k and nfl2k). Is it any rarer than the white dreamcast?

I have no plans on selling it (for now atleast), but just out of curiousity. Thanks
-Vik
Old 06-01-02, 03:14 PM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sure there are less black Dreamcasts than the standard colored ones, but they certainly aren't rare. If you were to sell it I'd think that you could fetch maybe $5-10 more than what the regular used Dreamcasts go for, if you could get anything extra at all.
Old 06-01-02, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by IIG
Sure there are less black Dreamcasts than the standard colored ones, but they certainly aren't rare. If you were to sell it I'd think that you could fetch maybe $5-10 more than what the regular used Dreamcasts go for, if you could get anything extra at all.
I don't think the black Dreamcasts play cdrs, depending on where it's being sold they might actually be worth less.
Old 06-01-02, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts
My black dreamcast playes cdrs just fine. I've never had a problem with music cdrs or the NES emulator.
Old 06-01-02, 06:52 PM

From past observations on ebay, the black dreamcasts are always in higher demand and fetch higher bids. It's also a lot easier to find a regular colored dreamcast since they had a larger/longer production run. Take from that what you will.
Old 06-02-02, 05:49 AM

I wish I had a black Dreamcast, everything else is black

well I don't play Dreamcast anymore but I still have it hooked up for sentimental reasons...
Old 06-02-02, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
The Sports dreamcast has very little value... The ones with value are the special edition Dreamcasts put out in Japan for Biohazard (rblack is a bit more rare as only 200 were ever made). There's also the collector Hello Kitty and Seaman ones. Here's a link with more info.

http://www.gamechoiceclub.com/dc.html

Old 06-02-02, 11:28 AM

The Black Sports Dreamcasts don't have any real collector's value. If you sold yours, I would pay about $20 max and if it came with some games. Otherwise, I'll be fine with the white Dreamcasts.

I own the Claire modeled Dreamcast. I'll never sell mine. It's a real collector's Dreamcast. I wanted the STARS model too but I don't have $1500.

Last edited by DVD Lamer; 06-02-02 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-02-02, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by DVD Lamer
The Black Sports Dreamcasts don't have any real collector's value. If you sold yours, I would pay about $20 max and if it came with some games. Otherwise, I'll be fine with the white Dreamcasts.

I own the Claire modeled Dreamcast. I'll never sell mine. It's a real collector's Dreamcast. I wanted the STARS model too but I don't have $1500.
function over form ... dude, sell it... it is only worth what someone's willing to pay for it & sooner or later someone won't be willing to pay so much.
Old 06-03-02, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I learned a long time ago that any time the price says "email$", I can't afford it . (STARS would be cool, though)
Old 06-03-02, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I still have my Black Sports Dreamcast, but the only real value it has is in keeping all my consoles universally black. Actually, my Saturn is Skeleton Blue so my color scheme is flawed anyway.