Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Any suggestions for good RPG's or Stategy games

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-02, 11:44 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any suggestions for good RPG's or Stategy games

Since im an avid fan of both RPG's and Strategy, I've been looking for another one to add to my PS2/xbox collection. Currently I have FFX, Baulders Gate, Jade Cacoon 2, Ring of Red, Wisardry tale of the forsaken land, Kessen, and Dark Cloud.

Now it doesn't appear that xbox has any rpg or strategy titles as of yet. Aside from morrowind, which is due out real soon and Knights of the old Republic, i haven't seen any other games of this genre that are going to be released in the future for xbox.

As for PS2 theres quite a few rpgs out there that i haven't tried yet. (Shadow Hearts, Kings Field 2, and Hero's of Might and Magic) to name a few. But what has me excited is the wealth of rpgs/strategy games on the horizon for ps2. With games like star ocean 3, Xenosaga, Suikoden, and Kingdom Hearts comming out in the future it looks pretty promicing for this genre on ps2

Oh and on side note, somebody needs to write a letter to square and tell them to make up a sequel to final fantasy tactics, preferably for PS2
Old 05-26-02, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe you should think about getting a GBA. As a fan of RPGs and strategy games you should enjoy Golden Sun, Advance Wars, and the recently released Tactics Ogre. There's a bunch of other RPGs on the way for the GBA too. Oh and don't forget about the GBC games such as Dragon Warrior 3.
Old 05-26-02, 12:28 PM
Banned

Re: Any suggestions for good RPG's or Stategy games

Originally posted by mustaine

Oh and on side note, somebody needs to write a letter to square and tell them to make up a sequel to final fantasy tactics, preferably for PS2
I don't know about tactics, but FF7-9 are being remade for the PS2; after 12 I think.
Old 05-26-02, 02:50 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by Kellehair
Maybe you should think about getting a GBA. As a fan of RPGs and strategy games you should enjoy Golden Sun, Advance Wars, and the recently released Tactics Ogre. There's a bunch of other RPGs on the way for the GBA too. Oh and don't forget about the GBC games such as Dragon Warrior 3.

Yeah now that you mention it, i do remember seeing quite a few rpgs, and strategy games for GBA. And i know ill probably love tactics ogre, but is tactics ogre for GBA a re-release of the old PS1 version or is it different?
Old 05-26-02, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Pretty sure it's a brand new game. This si the only review I've seen: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...864409,00.html
Old 05-26-02, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you have the original PS1? I was going to recommend Final Fantasy Anthology, but I heard that it had some compatibility problems with the PS2.
Old 05-26-02, 05:10 PM
Video Gamer Reviewers

Get Arc the Lad Collection. I just it not too long ago... it's a bit like Final Fantasy Tactics... more like Sega's Shining Force series.
Old 05-26-02, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Grandia 2 is currently available for PS2 and Skies of Arcadia is coming soo. Both games were great on the Dreamcast.
Old 05-26-02, 07:12 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by Absolute Zero
Grandia 2 is currently available for PS2 and Skies of Arcadia is coming soo. Both games were great on the Dreamcast.
Yeah i loved both of these games on dreamcast, they were the cream of the crop as far as rpgs go for the dreamcast. I wonder if there will be anything different in the ps2 version of skies of arcadia.
Old 05-27-02, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I heard Grandia 2 for the PS2 is crappy. I played it for the DC and it was pretty good but not nearly as good as the original.