Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

I played Keenan McCardell @ E3 today!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-02, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I played Keenan McCardell @ E3 today!

I wasn't exactly sure if I was going to be able to get into E3 today but I did. That is why I didn't chime in before today. I have my wife to thank for the mad connects.

Anyway, from 1-3 they had the "West Hall" Madden set up online to play KMC from the Jags. They had a camera on him and the video was displayed on a big flat screen above the game screen. They had both KMC and myself miked up to where we could communicate with one another. Also, the game was set at wimpy 1 MINUTE quarters and they let everyone play a half against him. So in the short 2 minutes, it really only allowed you one offensive series each.

I was third in line right after it started at 1 and the first two guys that played him were pretty lame. I don't know if they were nervous or what but they didn't chat it up w/ him too much. The 2nd guy was more interested in getting his picture taken while playing him. KMC also didn't look that excited and he wasn't that great of a baller. So the EA marketing guy tells me to liven it up a bit with some banter. I was like no problem-time for some trash talk. I noticed that in the first two games that he played, he hadn't even picked his own team to play with. So right off the bat I'm like, "Keenan, what's up with the Jagz--you scared to play with them? I wanna see how your likeness does in the game." He was like alright bro, let's go.

[1 minute loading time] I picked the Packers and he asked if I was from WI (yes-I grew up there and am a huge fan) and I told him how I went to Univ. of Florida. He mentioned Spurrier's move and we talked about how he would do in the bigs.

So I'm kicking off and my pack is racing down the field. Right as I tackle his returner I do the simultaneous "R1 strip trick". BAMMMMMMMMMMM! The ball goes flying! One of my guys picks it up and races into the end zone for 6! Everyone watching was OHHHHHHHH SHHHHHTTTTTT and KMC was laughing. He was like that dude is always fumbling. I told him right away that next kickoff he should switch his likeness in to return the kick if he didn't want it to happen again. With the time constraint, he didn't of course and didn't fumble. On his drive, the whole time he was trying to pass to himself. It was pretty funny. He dropped a few and I got in his ear for that. He eventually turned it over on downs and I did a few offensive plays b4 time ran out. The game ended 7-0 and I wished him good luck in the new season.

It was really loud in the convention hall but it was awesome to play him and have a few words with the man. I don't think he's a major Madden baller like some of the NFL players are. I think everyone was pretty much running game over him. I have to admit: recovering that fumble and running it in for score is something I'll remember for a long time. Not only is it cool when something happens like that at home by yourself, but in front of mad ppl watching behind you on a big screen against a professional player---it was so dope.
Old 05-24-02, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds mad cool man, way to represent. UF alum in the hizzhouse!!!