Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Y Tu Mama Tambien DVD [merged: inc. "Charolastra Edition" R4/English subs]

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Y Tu Mama Tambien DVD [merged: inc. "Charolastra Edition" R4/English subs]

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-02, 11:04 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edko Y Tu Mama Tambien DVD

Is this region 3 only? I see it says on Ebay listings as region 3 or "all-coded DVD players". I imagine that "all-coded DVD players" basically means like the Apex DVD player.

Anyone have this DVD? How is it?
Old 05-24-02, 04:14 AM

I'vve got a copy of it.

- the case states that it is region 3.

-the disc itself appears to be region 3, rather than region free. for example, if I set powerdvd to region 1 it prompts me to change the region to region 3. that and the fact that the information screen in power dvd reports the title to be region 3.

(good film though

I guess this probably isin't the answer you were looking for, but I hope it answers your question.

Hemulen
Old 05-24-02, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Hemulen
I'vve got a copy of it.

-the disc itself appears to be region 3, rather than region free. for example, if I set powerdvd to region 1 it prompts me to change the region to region 3. that and the fact that the information screen in power dvd reports the title to be region 3.

(good film though

I guess this probably isin't the answer you were looking for, but I hope it answers your question.

Hemulen
Did you get yours on Ebay?
Old 05-24-02, 12:24 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by Hemulen
I'vve got a copy of it.

(good film though

Hemulen
No, that's a fine answer. You completely verified it's a strict region 3 DVD. Sheet! Thanks though!
Old 05-25-02, 11:41 AM
Cool New Member

Where can one get this DVD other than on Ebay? Also, is this DVD anamorphic?

Thanks,
Old 05-25-02, 12:46 PM

Coolashop and DVDshelf both have it. It isn't anamorphic.

There's an R1/4 Mexican release but it has no english subs. Also, it will be released in R2 PAL in about 2 weeks with english subtitles.

Last edited by Tristran; 05-25-02 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-26-02, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Tristran
Coolashop and DVDshelf both have it. It isn't anamorphic.

There's an R1/4 Mexican release but it has no english subs. Also, it will be released in R2 PAL in about 2 weeks with english subtitles.
Tristran, have you seen this on any zone 2 sites yet? I've been checking but haven't seen it.
Jim
Old 05-26-02, 03:29 PM

R2 Italy.

http://www.dvdland.it/details.asp?prodid=4343431
http://www.dvd.it/index.cgi?lang=en&...ett&arti=21567
Old 05-27-02, 04:42 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks Tristan. I ordered my copy from DVD.it. The total was about $21.00, with about half of it in shipping costs.
Old 05-28-02, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Chauncey
Thanks Tristan. I ordered my copy from DVD.it. The total was about $21.00, with about half of it in shipping costs.
When you get it, let us know how the transfer is. I should be getting the Hong Kong version but I had some problems with PayPal. Those are resolved, but I haven't heard back from the guy I bought it from on ebay so I'm not sure if the transaction is still on. If not, I'll pick it up on the Italian site.

The site said that one was anamorphic, so thats better anyway, as long as its got english subs.

Jim
Old 05-31-02, 07:12 PM
Cool New Member

I got the DVD in today and watched it. I thought the anamorphic transfer was very good. I did not see any edge enhancement on the disc.

I say if you have the capability to play region 2 PAL DVDs go for the Italian disc.
Old 06-01-02, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

is there going to be a R1 release in the US for this dvd anytime soon??
Old 06-01-02, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by the_dude8
is there going to be a R1 release in the US for this dvd anytime soon??
Rumored for October... I've been wondering which version to go for for a while. I just went with the R2 Italy at DVD.it It appears to have come down to only 12.91 Euros!!
Old 06-01-02, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Looking forward to the R1 release... Even as a native Spanish speaker, Mexican slang is at times too befuddling to not understand w/out subtitles.
Old 06-02-02, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Chauncey
I got the DVD in today and watched it. I thought the anamorphic transfer was very good. I did not see any edge enhancement on the disc.

I say if you have the capability to play region 2 PAL DVDs go for the Italian disc.
Question, can you comment on the subtitles? Does it have English? (I'm assuming yes). Also, what were the shipping costs like?. I'll probably place my order tomorrow regardless. Thanks for the update.

jim
Old 06-02-02, 08:50 AM

Does the R2 Italian version have English subtitles?
Old 06-02-02, 12:18 PM
Cool New Member

The Italian R2 version does have English subtitles. They were readable through out the movie. I cannot comment on the translation, since I do not know Spanish at all.

The total cost I paid was US$22. It was about US$12 for the DVD plus US$10 for shipping. There might be a cheaper shipping alternative. I used DVD.it's Federal Express International Priority option.

Good Luck,
Old 06-03-02, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Excellent! I'm used to rediculous shipping times in Norway so no need for me to do Fed X. Thanks for the updates and can't wait to get my copy! This film was playing at my favorite cinema in Boston where I'm from (I guess I have a savage habit of seeing what movies I'm missing. I still check the listings back home).

And before anyone asks.... I ask myself the same question all the time.... "What AM I doing in Norway".

Jim
Old 06-04-02, 05:24 AM

Originally posted by FaustBos

And before anyone asks.... I ask myself the same question all the time.... "What AM I doing in Norway".

Jim
General: "What is your purpose here?"
Zoidberg: "All right, officer. I'll move along."
Man: "What the General means is: Why did you come to earth?"
Zoidberg: "Not a not a day goes by I don't ask myself the same question."
Futurama -Roswell that ends well - http://www.gotfuturama.com/Multimedi.../3ACV19/13.mp3
Old 06-07-02, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just and Update:

I ordered my Disc on the 4th, it was shipped on the 5th and arrived on the 6th. And that was to the last bastion of communism in the world, Norway! Not bad!

The disc had a price on it of 16.99 Euros, but dvd.it is selling it for 12.91. Transfer was good. I recommend it.

Also, I sent a message to their Customer Service and got a reply in 1 day, and get this! with accurate information.

So all in all, I great experience dealing with DVD.it. I'll definitely do it again.

Also, I ordered 2 discs, and the shipping cost was the same, 8.something Euros. I'm not sure how many discs you can order with that shipping cost though. In Norway, anything over 200 kr is technically taxed with VAT, so we have to keep our shipments small. So we can't usually take advantage of graduated shipping charges, but the cost of the DVDs was low enough that I could manage 2!

I'm rambling, time for coffee.

Jim
Old 06-07-02, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

FaustBos:

I ordered a few of them from dvd.it on last Saturday. I keep going back to order tracking to check for any update, but it still does not give a shipping date or shipping number. I'm worried that something didn't go through right, but it seemed to take my order fine and of course it's showing up as an order in my "order history" - just no dates for shipping or tracking. I'm in the US though, so maybe it just takes a heck of a lot longer.

Did you email customer service in English? I've just shot off an email to them in English. Hopefully this will work out. Let me know if you didn't email them in English.
Old 06-07-02, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hi there,

Yup, I figured they had an english site so it would be fine. I did noticed that I could get into the tracking system only sometimes. Many times I got an error saying the order number didn't exist, but I think that was an error coming from UPS.

I'm sure that shipping to the US might take longer. Defnitely send an email and ask.

Let us know how it turns out.

Jim
Old 06-07-02, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Price has changed today!

Just noticed that the price is now listed as 15,49 Euro. I wonder if they have a graduated price based on inventory?. Or if we just happened to catch a sale price.

Anyway, glad I got mine!
Old 06-07-02, 09:24 AM
Cool New Member

FaustBos,

The 12.91 price still shows up for me. It is the VAT price.
Old 06-08-02, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh wait, of course, I wasn't signed in when I checked that so It had the tax price. You are right. :-)

Jim

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.