Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Does anyone here actually buy those System Carrying cases?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-02, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I see these cases all the time and I wondered if they're worth it?

I don't take my systems anywhere but they seem like a coool thing to have just for storage. I keep my systems on my TREADMILL ready to go whenever.
Old 05-23-02, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had one for my original playstation 1. It was really cool. It protected the machine, and had compartments for controllers, cables, and a couple of games.

I won't be getting one for the PS2 though. I sense that that machine's too fragile to be taken from house to house. Plus, I'm older and my friends and I aren't moving about near as much.
Old 05-23-02, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I was thinking of picking one up for my Xbox because I was lugging it around a lot to friend's houses and it is a bitch to carry the system, 2 controllers, and 2 games around. But I have never purchased one in the past. Wait I remember having one for Game Boy when it was first released.
Old 05-23-02, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I use one for the Dreamcast and Game Cube, but I have no interest in dragging the PS2 or Xbox around. Most everyone I know has a PS2 anyway so I rarely need to take it with me anywhere.
Old 05-23-02, 08:13 PM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yes, I bought one for my xbox and it came in handy when I brought my system to a bachelor party. We had a NYC hotel suite with two connecting bedrooms and a big screen TV.

Halo, DOA and Knockout Kings were a big hit in between the poker and the strippers. After the two-girl show (Devon and Pamela, actual bada bing girls from the Sopranos) was over I had the strippers playing DOA naked.

BTW, any of you guys ever need strippers in the NYC tri-state area checkout www.wildstrip.com. I developed their cheesy website.

Come to think of it, this is a great story. I think I'll post this in a new thread.
Old 05-23-02, 09:30 PM

The only one I have is for my GBA, because I take it /everywhere/ with me. I've no need to take a PS2 or an Xbox anywhere, so no cases for them. My brothers tend to swap their systems with friends (Dreamcast, Playstation, for N64, GCN, etc), but they never bother with carrying cases. Just toss them in a shoebox or a Nike bag, and off they go.
Old 05-23-02, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally posted by dgc
Yes, I bought one for my xbox and it came in handy when I brought my system to a bachelor party. We had a NYC hotel suite with two connecting bedrooms and a big screen TV.

Halo, DOA and Knockout Kings were a big hit in between the poker and the strippers. After the two-girl show (Devon and Pamela, actual bada bing girls from the Sopranos) was over I had the strippers playing DOA naked.

BTW, any of you guys ever need strippers in the NYC tri-state area checkout www.wildstrip.com. I developed their cheesy website.

Come to think of it, this is a great story. I think I'll post this in a new thread.

Moving to the mature forum.
Old 05-24-02, 07:30 AM

I bought one for the xbox, i think it's needed if you're going to take it anywhere.

when ps1 first came out, i purchased it with a friend...it would spend one week with me, then one week with him. our method of transport? backpack.

6 weeks into it, the laser on the ps1 died.
Old 05-24-02, 07:36 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Yep. About a year ago, target was clearancing out some generic ones for 3 bucks each and I bought 3 of them, so my PS1, PS2, and DC have homes away from the Entertainment Center. I take different consoles to work at various times and not only does it make it easier to transport, it keeps my entertainment center tidy as if they aren't being played, they stay in the bag. I just bought the X-Box one 2 months ago or so and got the Gamecube one last night.

Transporting them around in my backpack, I never felt real safe about doing that due to dust and not much protection. These things usually are padded to the hilt and have tons of spare pockets for games, cords, controllers, etc etc etc.

The way I look at it is, it adds more life to my consoles.
Old 05-24-02, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've got one for my gameboy advance, and one for my Gamecube.

They're worth it. Especially if you can get one for around 15 bucks or so.
Old 05-24-02, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
I have an old camera bag I've carried my SNES, N64, Dreamcast, and now my PS2 in. I probably only take a system out of the house 5 times in a year so I've never felt like investing in something else. It hasn't failed me yet.