Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

City of Lost Children (Region 1 vs. Region 2)

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 05-23-02, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone tell me about the extras that are on the City of Lost Children Region 2 DVD but not on the Region 1 version?
Old 05-23-02, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This belongs in the International DVD & Movie Forum.

The French R2 version (If this is the one you mean), does not have English subtitles.

It is a 2 DVD set, and is listed as La cité des enfants perdus Ultimate Edition. It has:

- Commentary
- Making of (26min)
- Files of Jean-Pierre Jeunet (13min)
- Storyboards
- Trailers

The R1 version has:

- Commentary (Jean-Pierre Jeunet and actor Ron Perlman)
- Still galleries of production and costume sketches
- Theatrical trailer

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by roseart; 05-23-02 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-23-02, 01:01 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome, JLyon1515! As was already posted, the International Forum is the right place for questions about non-R1 DVDs. Moving thread.
Old 05-24-02, 10:39 PM

Originally posted by roseart
This belongs in the International DVD & Movie Forum.
Well, I wanted a comparison between the US version and the French version, so half of the thread belongs in teh regular section and the other half belongs in the International section. Am I to understand that if a post has any international reference that it will be moved to that section then?

The French R2 version (If this is the one you mean), does not have English subtitles.
It is a 2 DVD set, and is listed as La cité des enfants perdus Ultimate Edition. It has:

- Commentary
- Making of (26min)
- Files of Jean-Pierre Jeunet (13min)
- Storyboards
- Trailers
Ummm, yes, it has that plus a bit more, which you failed to mention...A section of Costumes by Jean-Paul Gaultier, a section on "duplicating the children", Temps mort Emmanuel Carier (no clue what that is), actor bios, and production notes. Of other interest to note is that the US version had Ron Perlman on the Commentary, but the French release doesn't.

Heheh, yes, yes, I did my research

What I'm curious about is how good the content is on the French R2 disc. I okay with my french, but is it not worth getting the French release because the extras aren't that good?

Welcome to the forum.
Heheh, I'm surprised I'm getting welcoming messages now. I registered and posted some on this board over two months ago Though this is the first post I created...and it got moved I really did think about putting it in the International section, but being that it was a comparison I thought it would go fine in the "normal" section.
Old 05-25-02, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by JLyon1515

Ummm, yes, it has that plus a bit more, which you failed to mention...
I was using babelfish, cause I know no French. So I didn't list the stuff that didn't make sense.

I think it was also moved, because it is an International film, and you would probably have more luck in here.

Sorry I couldn't help.