Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

E3 GBA games

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-02, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E3 GBA games

OK, its hard enough to follow all the threads for thr big three. So, I thought I would start a thread where we could all discuss the E3 showings of GBA titles.

There's a lot flying around, so I will cover what I have seen so far.

Metroid Fusion - looking good. This is definately one of my most look forwarded to titles.

Contra - Based on the SNES? Eh. I was hoping for a Contra/Super C combo... maybe after this one.

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance - Can't wait... BUT, I still want the NES 1-3 in a set. That would have me more excited.

Zelda - A link to the Past. Good game, looks fully intact, BUT... ithey are adding co-op and coimpetitive multiplayer. Screenshots look like there is unique content for this too.

Yoshi's Island - This one has me upset. Nintendo has it labeled Super Mario Advance 3... which was originally thought to be Super Mario Bros. 3, which I would rather have as it is one of my favorites.

Golden Sun 2 - very excited. Loved the first, still play. Can't wait.

Mega Man Zero - also excited. I am a big MM fan, so any new side-scroller is good.

OK, I am sure I missed some big titles, and we get to add to this as the days stretch on (where's my new Fellowship of the Rings screens?). SO, what have you seen on the web, or in person? What looks good, exciting, promising?
Old 05-26-02, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts
I am most looking forward to the new Metriod. but close behind, golden sun, zelda and castlevania. do you think that a new GBA zelda game will be on the horizon soon?
Old 05-26-02, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i hope new gba games cost 29.99 following the ps2, gamekube, and x-box msrp price reduction. can't wait to get contra and link to the past.
Old 05-26-02, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm looking forward to a lot of the games outer-edge listed but I'm also looking forward to some RPGs like Phantasy Star, Shining Soul, Lufia, Tactics Ogre, Fire Emblem, and whatever Square is bringing. Anyone got any info on those games?
Old 05-26-02, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i hope new gba games cost 29.99
That may indeed be the case. From IGN -

E3 2002: Nintendo Reduces Cartridge Prices
Good news all around. It's much cheaper to publish Game Boy Advance titles.

May 24, 2002 - As Nintendo was revealing Metroid Prime, Legend of Zelda Advance, and all the rest of its 2002 line-up to the public on Tuesday, the company also privately announced to its licensees that it would reduce the price of cartridges for the Game Boy Advance yet again. The company had already dropped the price of cartridge by two dollars a unit earlier this year, but Nintendo made an additional reduction, bringing cartridge prices down by an additional three dollars.
Developers and publishers that we spoke to have yet to get the official price list for Game Boy Advance cartridges, but they have been informed that the current price of the 64 megabit cartridge with 4k EEPROM, previously at around 12 dollars a unit, has dropped to approximately 9 dollars a unit...bringing the cost of cartridges actually down BELOW the cartridge costs during the Game Boy Color days. That means, more new game releases at the 29.99 pricepoint, and in many cases, down to 19.99, higher development costs for game producers to work on GBA projects, and a more viable market for additional game publishers to jump in and produce GBA titles.

This, folks, is a very, very good thing. Members of the development community we spoke to this week were thrilled with the announcement.
Old 05-26-02, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Kellehair
I'm looking forward to a lot of the games outer-edge listed but I'm also looking forward to some RPGs like Phantasy Star, Shining Soul, Lufia, Tactics Ogre, Fire Emblem, and whatever Square is bringing. Anyone got any info on those games?
IGN Pocket has some info on Phantasy Star Collection and Shining Soul, and I believe Fire Emblem and Tactics Ogre.

Basically, they said PSC was looking exactly like the originals. Said they would have included PS4 but the cost for the large-size cartridges was prohibitive.

They said Shining Soul was a lot like Diablo but with some differences. Shining Soul is, for some reason or another, designed primarily with multiplayer in mind. As I have said multiple times, I would like to see a Shining Force Collection...
Old 05-26-02, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I have to say the upcoming GBA titles have me just as excited as the console games. Metroid is at the top of my list as well.
Old 05-27-02, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Games I'm looking forward to the most, post-E3:

1) Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
2) Kirby Advance (tentative title)
3) Final Fantasy Tactics
4) Metroid Fusion
5) Fire Emblem
6) Super Monkey Ball
7) Super Ghouls n'Ghosts
8) Phantasy Star Collection9) Magical Vacation