Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

KANDAHAR and Canadian etailers

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-02, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking about getting that new Canadian DVD edition of Kandahar -- anyone have any suggestions for good/cheap/reliable Canadian etailers? Thanks
Old 05-20-02, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got it from dvdmode.com (dvdtalk affiliate, and you can link from this site).
They've been a great outfit for the last two orders I've placed, and they have free shipping (even to the U.S.) if you order 2 discs.
I watched it this weekend. Very insightful and worthwhile with some beautiful cinematography. I did think the running time was pretty short (about 90 min), maybe not giving the plot as good a flow as could have been accomplished with more time. I haven't watched the supplements yet. Picture quality was excellent, widescreen 16x9 format.
Old 05-20-02, 01:58 PM

I don't know about Furture Shop's reliability regarding ordering on-line from them, but they are selling "Kandahar" for $27.99 (Canadian).

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...=&newdeptid=13

If you know someone in Canada who shops at Future Shop's brick & mortars they can pick you up a copy for 25.99 (Canadian) - probably the cheapest solution.
Old 05-26-02, 09:34 AM

I ordered my copy from DVDSoon.com for US$ 20.62 shipped and received it within a week. They have two versions which differ only in the outside covers -- french vs. english. I went for the french-cover version (marked "v.f.") since they had it readily in-stock.

A bit of caution: DVDSoon charges your credit-card when the order is placed, and credits your store-account rather than automatically refunds to your credit-card for cancelled items/orders (you have to fax in a request if you want credit-card refund).

Last edited by cine; 05-26-02 at 09:42 AM.