Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Nightmare on Elm Street Collection

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 05-19-02, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been thinking of purchasing this set, I've never seen any of the films but most of them are highly rated.

I've seen 2 different boxes of this and was wondering if there was any difference between them...

Also are the discs good on picture and sound?

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 05-19-02, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have to original box set. I didn't realize there were two. The set looks good visually and the sound is encoded in DD5.1. I think its a great set to ad to any collection.
Old 05-19-02, 12:30 PM

I got it as a gift when it came out and I enjoyed it. If you love the films then it wont disappoint. The only different boxes I have seen in stores is one w/ the paper band around it and one without. Are there differences beyond that?!
Old 05-19-02, 12:36 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Moving to Reviews.
Old 05-19-02, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The box has different pictures on each side, so perhaps you were viewing the from different angles.
Old 05-19-02, 01:39 PM
AOD

There is two ways to buy these movies. One would be to buy seperately, which, if you wanted to buy all of the movies you would spend a but-load more than if you bought the box set. The second would be to buy the box set, with which you get all of the movies plus the bonus disc which I think is worth the purchase alone! Plus it's cheaper.
Old 05-19-02, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The box set can be found pretty cheap now..i think Best Buy sells it for about $80 or less now!

I payed $110 a couple years ago,lmao..since i thought it was OOP..and Best Buy didn't have it at all. Then after i purchase it,they have it for much less...i hate that!..but oh well,the set IS worth it..+ alot cheaper than buying them seperatly.

Just one word of caution...part 5 is the R rated version only. Theres only 2 scenes that are censored,but the unrated version was released on LD and video when it first made it to home video.

New Line claims the source materials were'nt in good conditon so they went with the R version only...it's only less than a minute censored,even though i would've loved for the unrated version to be released. You can stll find that on video somewhere.
Old 05-19-02, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

OH yeah...the box set includes the ORIGINAL and awsome artwork......while the individual releases have really bad 'new' covers.

+ the only box sets i know of...are the dvd set...and VHS set. I don't think their are two dvd box sets,only 1!.