Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

That's it, I'm getting one of them console Xbox thingies!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-02, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,263 Likes on 841 Posts

Never owned one of them consoles before.

So what games should I get? Heard about Halo so I'll probably get that. Then one sports game, FIFA2002? NFL 2K2 or Madden 2002? Then one driving game, Project Gotham racing or Rallisport Challenge?

What do you all think?

And I shall leave you with the stupid question of the day. Do you plug that thing directly into your tv or can you plug it into your A/V receiver and get 5.1 sound?
Old 05-16-02, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am getting X-box also!Halo seems very sweet to play
Old 05-16-02, 07:39 PM
Mod Emeritus

Bonsoir,

Je pense que vous devez avoir les jeux comme Defiles RalliSport et Amped (habitez en Canada). Jet Set Radio aussi est super bien.

Hey how's that for a year of French like 4 years ago.
Old 05-16-02, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
Bonsoir,

Je pense que vous devez avoir les jeux comme Defiles RalliSport et Amped (habitez en Canada). Jet Set Radio aussi est super bien.

Hey how's that for a year of French like 4 years ago.
Ahhhhh c'est tres bien! Merci beaucoup.

I'm not into snowboarding so I'll pass on Amped. What is Jet Set Radio about???

Nevermind, I just read about JSRF. Sounds cool but I'd like to stick to Halo, and 2 others (one sport, one driving) to start with.

Last edited by eXcentris; 05-16-02 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-16-02, 08:04 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
I believe they will revoke your citizenship if you do not buy NHL 2002. Best hockey game ever made, hands down.
Old 05-16-02, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: That's it, I'm getting one of them console Xbox thingies!

Originally posted by eXcentris
Never owned one of them consoles before.

So what games should I get? Heard about Halo so I'll probably get that. Then one sports game, FIFA2002? NFL 2K2 or Madden 2002? Then one driving game, Project Gotham racing or Rallisport Challenge?

What do you all think?

And I shall leave you with the stupid question of the day. Do you plug that thing directly into your tv or can you plug it into your A/V receiver and get 5.1 sound?
Hmmm.... Halo. Good.
Madden and NFL are both good, BUT, if you can wait, August will see the 2003 title starting to be released.
And... RalliSport, definately.
Old 05-16-02, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've been debating about getting an X-Box, mainly for Halo and Munch's Oddysee. How is Munch's Oddysee? That was one of the main reasons I purchased my PS2 (then I found out that it was going to be an X-Box exclusive). I played the most recent one that was offered for the PSX (Abe's Oddysee, I think) and loved it. Will I like the X-Box, updated version?
Old 05-16-02, 11:21 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally posted by Lampei
I played the most recent one that was offered for the PSX (Abe's Oddysee, I think) and loved it. Will I like the X-Box, updated version?
If you loved the PSX version, you will love the XBox version. The gameplay is a bit more difficult, but it's quite fun.
Old 05-16-02, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I finally bought an XBOX last night. I ended up buying 007 Agent Under Fire. I didnt open it yet, but i went to Blockbuster to rent 007 to see if i will ike it or not, I also rented Burnout and Halo. Halo seems great.
Now i think i will take back the 007 that i bought. What do you guys suggest i get? Halo looks cool, Spiderman looks cool, but is a 1 player game. I like NHL hitz and any basketball games and Star Wars. What do you guys suggest i get?
Old 05-16-02, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Rallisport is MUCH better than Gotham Racing in my mind. I haven't played the sport games enough to recommend one over another.
Old 05-17-02, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Star Wars Starfighter is fun, but quick.
Obi-Wan is good with the exception of the voice. I think that Jedi Starfighter came out today. Maybe rent those 3 before you exchange the game.
I haven't played Spider Man but my friend has it on the PS2 and loves it. The X Box version plays the same just has extra levels and smoother graphics from what I hear.
Old 05-17-02, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts
Originally posted by juiio
Rallisport is MUCH better than Gotham Racing in my mind. I haven't played the sport games enough to recommend one over another.
Preach on brother!!! Rallisport is one of the best racing games I have ever played. A must buy if you like that genre & have an Xbox.

I suggest Max Payne, DOA3, Halo, Rallisport, Bloodwake, & Obi-wan. I am not a Star Wars fanatic but I really like this game. I have had a lot of fun hacking & slashing with a light saber despite all of the negative reviews. But then again, I always never go with the grain. I have also been having fun with 007 but being a James Bond fan & it is the first JB game I have ever owned or played, I have enjoyed it despite the negative reviews.
Old 05-17-02, 10:17 AM

Originally posted by brianluvdvd

I suggest Max Payne, DOA3, Halo, Rallisport, Bloodwake, & Obi-wan. I am not a Star Wars fanatic but I really like this game. I have had a lot of fun hacking & slashing with a light saber despite all of the negative reviews. But then again, I always never go with the grain.
Agreed. There's been a lot of Obi-Wan bashing, but I think it's awesome. My friend had it but had gotten bored with it. So I started playing it at his house and when he saw how much fun I was having he started playing it again. Now he loves it. It was the first game I got when I got my own X-box.

And Halo.
Old 05-17-02, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Hey thanks for the recommendations guys. You know what, I hadn't thought about renting! Doh! So I'll just get Halo for now and I'll rent a few afterwards to see what I like.

Going to Future Shop nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Old 05-17-02, 11:02 AM

I just got my x-box

They have a special @ KB B&M(buy 3 games with xbox and get $50 off and they also have 50% off on accesories), and I got the console, Spiderman, RalliSPort, Tony Hawk, extra controller, and dvd kit, all for $350.
Old 05-17-02, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Don't buy a football game. Wait until the new ones come out in August/September........
Old 05-17-02, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by JaxComet
Don't buy a football game. Wait until the new ones come out in August/September........
Yup, somebody else mentionned this so I'll hold on buying a football game for now. I only bought Halo. I'll just rent some other games to see what they are like.
Old 05-18-02, 11:54 PM

If any of you have small kids 3 and up. You can't go wrong with Arctic Thunder. It's been one of the best baby sitters I've had when I'm busy working in the house.

My kids love it!!
Old 05-19-02, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey!!, Thanks for all the game info. I ended getting Jedi Starfighter, cause i am a Star Wars fan, and it just came out.
Keep this thread going with more game suggestions. Thanks.