Reload this Page >

DC Stella is the coolest thing I've seen in a while

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 05-12-02, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've spent the last few days sitting in front of my dreamcast playing all the atari 2600 games on dcstella. the emulators available on dreamcast are worth the price of a used system all by themselves. i had tried stella a few months ago and the version i had didn't really do much (no sound etc), but the newer version runs just about every game i've tried... the only thing lacking is support for paddles, although that would be hard on a dc controller anyway.

i'm not going to post a link (hint: google) in case that is not allowed, but i really don't see how emulating an atari 2600 is objectionable. (i only downloaded the roms for cartridges i do legally own... there's not much nostalgia value in the games that you never played years ago).

are there any other new emulators anyone has found for dreamcast? DCemulation doesn't seem up to date (at least where the 2600 is concerned). i've been using DCNester and stella. i'd really like a genesis emulator but i still haven't found one that works all that well.
Old 05-13-02, 11:02 AM

I've got a genesis emulator but I'm not sure what it's called. It's got about 800 roms though. It works great (w/ sound, etc.) but the only problem is it takes FOREVER to select from the list of roms. I've also used DCGenerator. It works fine too. I've got DreamSNES, but it sucks. Too slow...
Old 05-14-02, 03:29 AM

IMO, NesterDC is the best emulator out there (thanks Sam). I've seen the majority of them and none seem to match the Nester in terms of menu design, game selection, and game performance. NesterDC =
Old 05-14-02, 04:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

one of the genesis emulators is cracked from the DC genesis fun packs

the released game had like 6 roms and the emulator was written by sega some group just made a menu for it and loaded it up with tons of roms on a cd