Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Konami Japan announces new MGS and ZOE games

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-02, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Konami Japan announces new MGS and ZOE games

In their financial report they announced new MGS and ZOE games: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/358/358936p1.html

These will be multi-console evidentally.

Konami JPN, like Konami TYO yesterday, released its financial report for the recently-concluded period today. Included in the release is news of major new titles, including "a second and third original title to follow on our Metal Gear Solid series," and "new original titles" bearing the Z.O.E brand.
Titles derived from the Metal Gear Solid series are to be released for multiple platforms, although the release seems to distinguish between "sequels" and "derivative titles." New sequels in the series are to arrive according to a regular schedule, every two years. Lest you dismiss the idea of "derivative titles," it's worth noting that Konami is considering using the MGS franchise as the basis for an online game.

Impress Game Watch specifically reports that the new MGS game will be entitled Metal Gear Solid Substance, and be developed for PlayStation 2, Xbox, and PC. Meanwhile, the Z.O.E sequel is to be entitled Zone of the Enders 2: The Second Runner -- Konami expects improvements on the original game to produce a million-selling title.

Aside from those major announcements, the release indicates plans to continue Konami JPN's successful exploitation of character-based franchises, including Konami's own Yu-Gi-Oh franchise and anime licenses such as Hikaru no Go and Tennis no Oji-sama, to produce titles for Gamecube, PlayStation, and Game Boy Advance. Altogether, the company plans to release 49 titles in the fiscal year beginning March 2003.
Old 05-09-02, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

From gamers.com: http://www.gamers.com/news/1145584

Metal Gear Solid Substance (PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC)
Although Konami offers no details on what this title entails, our sources in Japan tell us that it is a compilation remake of the first MGS, MGS2: Sons of Liberty and the VR Missions all using the MGS2 engine. Hopefully, further details will be announced at E3. For those not wanting to click.
This would be pretty cool if this were true, although it is just rumor right now.
Old 05-09-02, 03:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More MGS mean more super happy fun time! Even though MGS2's ending was alittle disappointing, the game over all was a blast to play. If that rumor is true, I would love to see MGS1 remade on the newer engine. It would be amazing. Now excuse me whilst I do my happy dance.
Old 05-09-02, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am incredibly excited about another Z.O.E.
Although the first one was shallow and repetitive, I still loved the combat model, controls and universe. WIth what they know and how they work, Konami should be able to create a great sequel.
Old 05-09-02, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What would be nice is a rerelease of Metal Gear (from the good ol' NES days...)

Old 05-10-02, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by LethaL Nemesis
What would be nice is a rerelease of Metal Gear (from the good ol' NES days...)

It looks like Konami is scheduling something only known as 'Contra series' for future release.
My speculation is that it is a GBA collection of at least Contra and Super C. If this happens (we'll know soon), I would not be surprised to see Castlevania (1, 2 and 3 hopefully) and Metal Gear follow.