Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The 1st person buried in a KISS themed Container?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 05-06-02, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,734 Likes on 1,083 Posts

This story is WILD. It wasn't a KISS COFFIN but close enough....

Bianca Butthole Is Laid To Rest In Hollywood

By Sefany Jones, Assistant Editor
Monday, May 6, 2002 @ 1:26 PM

Betty Blowtorch Singer/ Bassist Is Laid To Rest In Hollywood In Her KISS Lunch Box

BIANCA "BUTTHOLE" HALSTEAD'S FUNERAL AT HOLLYWOOD FOREVER A BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE

Los Angeles-based Bianca Halstead (a.k.a Bianca Butthole, singer and bass player in the band's Betty Blowtorch and Butt Trumpet) was finally honored with a funeral on Sunday, May 5th at 2 p.m. The private ceremony at the Hollywood Forever cemetery was attended by family and friends.

In life Bianca was remembered as being a kind, caring and giving person that was always there for others, even when she could not provide for herself. With the help of Narcotics Anonymous she turned around her life eleven years ago, and went on to live the life of her dreams. She was thanked for sharing her love and her music.

The burial became possible after benefits in Los Angeles and New York helped raise the funds needed thanks to the help the many friends and supporters in the rock n' roll community. Several of Bianca's rock n' roll friends were at the funeral including Blare N. Bitch from Betty Blowtorch, Taime Downe of Faster Pussycat, Jennifer Finch from L7 and Otherstarpeople, Coyote Shivers, and Casper from Pleasure Seekers, who at the funeral sang and played on acoustic guitar a self-described "country Gospel" tune that he wrote in Bianca's memory, "Wings of Love."

Following the fatal car accident in the early morning of December 15, 2001 in New Orleans, Halstead was cremated. The ashes were then placed in a KISS lunchbox, one of Bianca's most cherished possessions in her memorabilia collection.

A road-case style steel casket on wheels, that was emblazoned with a studded star on the case, was built to hold the KISS lunchbox; a fitting tribute for someone who lived a rock n' roll lifestyle with such conviction and distinction. It was described by her father, as a perfect analogy of Bianca with the hard, rock image on the outside and soft and comfortable on the inside. "She never compromised her spirit or her heart. We are proud of her," said her father.

In a macabre prediction, Bianca had told her mother last year that she thought that she would die young. The 36-year old said that she wanted to be buried in a place where she could still be there for everyone if they needed her, and her parents secured her final wish. It was described that Bianca is now cooking one of her amazing dinners for Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin and Sid Vicious, and all the other talents that tragically have left us way too soon.

"We will miss Bianca, but she will always be in our hearts," says band-mate Blare from Betty Blowtorch
Old 05-06-02, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aw man, I had no idea Bianca died. Belated condolences to her family, friends, and fans. She was a great, classic punk singer, and Butt Trumpet had a great cd! I'll have to check out Betty Blowtorch. Damn, this news sucks. I gotta say though, her burial was top notch.

R.I.P. Bianca
Old 05-09-02, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,734 Likes on 1,083 Posts
I wonder why is took so long to take careof her body?

She was killed in Dec and they're just now finalizing things.
Old 05-10-02, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by Giantrobo
I wonder why is took so long to take careof her body?

She was killed in Dec and they're just now finalizing things.
In the article, it says they had to raise funds. Those KISS boxes must be expensive .
Old 05-10-02, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She was cremated as well... it's not like they left her body rotting this long. Lots of folks are cremated and never buried... this is actually the first I've heard of someone doing that. But it seems her final wish was to be accessible and being in a lunchbox on someone's mantle isn't too accessible at all.

~Scheherazade