Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Star Wars starfighter vs. Jedi Starfighter

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-02, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Star Wars starfighter vs. Jedi Starfighter

What are the differences between these two games? are they both basically space shooter games with different titles?
Old 05-06-02, 01:22 PM
Banned

I'm interested in this also. I think I am the only person in the world who absolutely loves Starfighter for the XBOX. It took me a month to even find this game !
Old 05-06-02, 10:10 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't played either, but I have read the reviews since I'm a big star wars fan and might pick one up if I get a PS2.

One difference is that in Jedi Starfighter, you have some force powers you can use, like slow motion and maybe force lightning.
Old 05-07-02, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mind you, these are my opinions.
I personally love both games. I like space shooters, and while these two are not too deep, they are fun.

Starfighter offers three ships switching back and forth and if I remember, more missions than Jedi. Both contain some great missions, although Starfighter's variety impressed more, but that was over a year ago as well on the PS2. It had more climatic missions as well. Jedi still has some great missions though.

As mentioned, Jedi offers force powers with one of the two ships, which are frankly, very fun and original. The missions using the Jedi starfighter really allow you to use the powers well. THe second ship has a lot of variety as well and is great for the missions designed for it.

Both have OK stories, nothing grand, but servicable for the game. Music is good, graphics are good. Controls work very well (both Xbox and PS2). One feature I adore is the zoomable targeting reticule. EVERY space shooter should have this.

As for versions, go Xbox for Starfighter SE as it has lots of extras. The PS2 Jedi has a ton as well (Movies, art, extra missions, ships), so either version would be good.

If you only kind-of-sort-of enjoy space shooters, I would not get them for the SW novelty. I think they are too standard to bring in non-genre fans.
Old 05-07-02, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by outer-edge
Mind you, these are my opinions.
I personally love both games. I like space shooters, and while these two are not too deep, they are fun.

Starfighter offers three ships switching back and forth and if I remember, more missions than Jedi. Both contain some great missions, although Starfighter's variety impressed more, but that was over a year ago as well on the PS2. It had more climatic missions as well. Jedi still has some great missions though.

As mentioned, Jedi offers force powers with one of the two ships, which are frankly, very fun and original. The missions using the Jedi starfighter really allow you to use the powers well. THe second ship has a lot of variety as well and is great for the missions designed for it.

Both have OK stories, nothing grand, but servicable for the game. Music is good, graphics are good. Controls work very well (both Xbox and PS2). One feature I adore is the zoomable targeting reticule. EVERY space shooter should have this.

As for versions, go Xbox for Starfighter SE as it has lots of extras. The PS2 Jedi has a ton as well (Movies, art, extra missions, ships), so either version would be good.

If you only kind-of-sort-of enjoy space shooters, I would not get them for the SW novelty. I think they are too standard to bring in non-genre fans.
Fantastic post! thank you for sharing!