Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Jerry Maguire SE--Show Me The Review!

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Jerry Maguire SE--Show Me The Review!

Old 05-01-02, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Jerry Maguire SE--Show Me The Reviews!

I'm just curious as to what others have thought of the new SE. I watched a fair amount of it last night and must say I'm impressed, all the way from the audio mix to the packaging.
The video commentary was a bit strange to watch at first, but it was kind of cool seeing their facial responses to various parts in the movie (and the audio commentary on disc one is the EXACT same, FYI). The real sports agent guy was kinda cool too, and I REALLY liked Rod Tidwell's first commercial. I don't like a photo gallery that just includes stills from the movie, however. The deleted scenes (w/optional commentary) were good, with Crowe saying he's very glad some were cut and not so glad about others.
The audio mix on the movie itself was surprisingly strong on the surrounds, and the video looks darn good too.
What did you think?

P.S. I read the whole "Mission Statement" and found it mildly entertaining (but very long). However, I noticed one weird thing: the word "neutral" is spelled "nuetral" all the way through. Do you think this was intentional?

Last edited by uteotw; 05-01-02 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-01-02, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haven't watched any of the extras yet, but just watched the movie this morning.
it's only the second time i've seen it, and i have to say this is one of the best $18 i've spent on dvd's yet.
the a/v quality is definately in the handful of discs i have that are truly reference quality.
it sure looks loaded and on top of all that,
it's a terrific film to boot.

just might be my favorite disc of the year so far
Old 05-01-02, 11:01 PM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The video commentary is by far one of the best, most enjoyable extras I've ever experienced. Worth the price of admission alone.

Awesome movie. Awesome dvd.
Old 05-02-02, 11:08 PM

Awesome. Sold the old version and waited for the new one. I know i will be happy.. I just love this movie.
Old 05-06-02, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Two words: Chicago-Style
Old 05-06-02, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

On the video commentary, didn't you guys feel Rene Zellwigger looked really bad? It looked like the left side of her neck was swelled up, and her face looked kinda ragged. Is it just me?
Old 05-06-02, 01:17 PM
Banned

Transfer, top notch. Sound, top notch. Commentary (and video commentary), top notch. Extras, not top notch, but still very good. The deleted scenes were interesting enough (especially the scene on the plane), the complete mission statement is actually a great read, and there are a few rehearsal clips (not very impressive at all). Tidwell's commercial is pretty amusing. The making of featurette is decent, as well. I'd rate the disc like this:

MOVIE: A
VIDEO: A
SOUND: A
EXTRAS: A-
Old 05-06-02, 01:18 PM
Banned

Very well done dvd. Should be on everybody's top 10 of dvd of the year list.
Old 05-06-02, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally posted by anglagard
On the video commentary, didn't you guys feel Rene Zellwigger looked really bad? It looked like the left side of her neck was swelled up, and her face looked kinda ragged. Is it just me?
Yes, she looked bad. So did Tom Cruise with that weirdo hat.
Funniest line from commentary by Cuba Gooding Jr. re "Show me the money!"---"That stupid phrase, branded me for life, doesn't matter where I am, I can be at a funeral and some pri*k will come up to me and say 'SHOW ME THE MONEY!'"