Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
View Poll Results: What do you remember the most from your E3 Experience?
Booth Models
61.90%
Game Highlights
28.57%
Multi-Million Dollar Booths
4.76%
Conference Forums
0%
Contacts
0%
Nothing - E3 is a big blurr
4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

E3: Models & Memories

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-02, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E3: Models & Memories

I have about 2500 digital images from the last two E3s. When I started thinking about shooting the E3 2002 pictorial and what made images stand out more than others, the one impression that came to mind immediately was this one from E3 2000.

Dual Playboy models walked the yellow carpet floor wearing bright yellow C/NET hats, matching short shorts, passing out literature and stopping for pictures. C/NET had a small meeting room in the back of Kentia Hall yet they made a more memorial impression than the multi-million dollar booths. E3 is all about BRAND, Presentation and Playing Games!

Every year there is a party at the Playboy Mansion. I went one year before getting my own digital camera. I remember using a friends digital camera to snap a couple of shots of him in “the waterfall cave” cuddled up with a Playmate. Does anyone have E3 Playboy Party Photos to share?
Old 05-01-02, 08:18 PM

E3Expo 2002 SHOWCASES

MORE THAN A THOUSAND NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN
INTERACTIVE GAMES AND PRODUCTS

Exhibitors Provide First-Look at This Holiday’s New Computer and Video Games

LOS ANGELES - May 1, 2002 - Leading interactive entertainment companies from around the world will unveil more than 1,000 never-before-seen computer and video games and related products at the 2002 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3Expo), according to data from the E3Expo 2002 Exhibitor Survey, released today by the show’s owner, the Interactive Digital Software Association (IDSA). In addition, the vast majority (80 percent) of the show’s approximately 400 exhibitors report that three-quarters of their products debuting at this year’s E3Expo will be on store shelves for the 2002 holiday season.

“The impressive number of new product introductions at E3Expo 2002 illustrate both the vibrancy of the video game market today and the status of E3Expo as the world's most important event for launching the new products and technologies that consumers will see for the 2002 holiday season ” said Douglas Lowenstein, president of the IDSA, the trade association representing U.S. entertainment software publishers. E3Expo 2002 takes place May 22 - 24 at the Los Angeles Convention Center, and will include more than 505,000 net square feet of exhibit space.

Reflecting the growing household penetration of next generation game devices, survey respondents reported that one-half (49 percent) of all new interactive software products being shown at E3Expo support video game consoles. In addition, the popularity of interactive entertainment software spans across a number of platforms with exhibitors reporting that approximately 39 percent of the new titles being shown are PC- based, 17.5 percent are for handheld game devices, 7.8 percent are online/Internet only games and 3.4 percent are for PDAs and wireless phones.

According to survey respondents, the new E3Expo titles they will display cover a wide range of game genres, including Action games (28.4 percent), Sports and Driving games (16.7 percent), Adventure games (12.1 percent), Child and Family games (10.9 percent), Role Playing games (8.3 percent), Strategy games (7.3 percent), Educational/ Edutainment games (6 percent) and Simulation games (3.2 percent).

Previously unreleased interactive products will be spotlighted at this year’s show in the E3Expo 2002 “First Looks” program. Participating First Looks exhibitors will be designated in the E3Expo exhibit guide, Show Daily, www.e3expo.com and on the exhibit floor beginning May 22.

E3Expo, now in its eighth year, is owned by the Interactive Digital Software Association (IDSA), the U.S. association dedicated to serving the business and public affairs needs of the companies publishing interactive games for video game consoles, handheld devices, personal computers, and the Internet. IDSA members collectively account for more than 85 percent of the $6.35 billion in entertainment software sales in the U.S. in 2001, and billions more in export sales of American-made entertainment software. The IDSA offers services to interactive entertainment software publishers including a global anti-piracy program, owning the Electronic Entertainment Expo trade show, business and consumer research, government relations and First Amendment and intellectual property protection efforts.

E3Expo is a trade event, and is not open to the general public. No one under the age of 18 will be admitted, including infants. This policy is strictly enforced.
Old 05-02-02, 09:09 AM

Gorgeous Gamer Geek

For the past two years, I have been snapping digital pixs of Shelly (right) showcasing new games in the Nintendo booth. As you can see, she can not take a bad picture. I became interested in her because of the photo below:

She is a REAL GAMER! Notice the bent knees -- huntched shoulders. Shelly said her thumbs were totally sore after the first day. Seven months later, I shot her again at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas where she was working in the Panasonic booth. She said that she emailed these photos to her dad. That makes her a GAMER AND A GEEK!
Old 05-03-02, 11:07 AM

E3 2000: Sega pulled out all the stops at their press conference dropping the price on the Dreamcast and using bikini clad, 10 gallon hat wearing dancers at their annual kickoff party. Back then - Sega threw the coolest parties.

Sega’s stage show was spectacular. The dancers performed in front of a giant screen.

Last edited by Jacko; 05-03-02 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-03-02, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
why can't it be time yet.

i want to start playing around right now
Old 05-03-02, 02:05 PM

Nice pics- I don't remember any of these girls. WTF was I doing all that time! : P
Old 05-04-02, 09:09 AM

E3 2000

At the Nintendio Press Conference, Peter Main, executive vice president, sales and marketing, Nintendo of America Inc. ,
read from a hand written prepared speech. The only stage decoration was the crumpled up vinyl banner.

Nintendo Time Line
1999 - The success of the Pokémon franchise expands even further with the release of Pokémon Pinball, Pokémon Yellow, and the first Pokémon title for the Nintendo 64, Pokémon Snap. Nintendo releases several notable N64 titles including Star Wars: Episode 1: Racer, Mario Golf, Super Smash Bros., Donkey Kong 64, Mario Party, and Perfect Dark. At E3, Nintendo announces development plans for a new system, code-named Dolphin, that will utilize an IBM Gekko processor and Matsushita's proprietary optical disk technology.

2000 - Nintendo sells its one hundred millionth Game Boy unit, ending the year with more than 110 million sold. Game Boy is responsible for 47% of all U.S. hardware system sales (an all-time high for a portable device). Pokémon Stadium is the top-selling console game, followed by The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, both for N64. Pokémon Gold and Silver for Game Boy Color make their U.S. debut in October, becoming the fastest-selling games of all time by selling a combined 1.4 million copies in one week and 6 million through December.
Old 05-04-02, 11:42 AM

The Future of Videogames: Volume 2

This banner is flaging on the E3 Media press release page.
NOTE: The click was not included in the banner.

The Future of Videogames: volume 2 will include:

E3 2001: The NextGenVideo crew on the show floor shooting monitor screens of game
    play for the The Future of Videogames: Volume 1

Last year, The Future of Videogames: Volume 1 E3 DVD was not available in US retail outlets.
    Middle aged buyers refused to carry it.
    GameStop requested to see it. Didn't look at it and refused to return it.
    A US online exchange group was set up a couple of weeks after the show....seeking reviews for a week rental.
    The Future of Videogames: Volume 1 E3 2001 DVD received high marks: Rating 8 (out of 10)

I wonder if Blockbuster, GameStop (FuncoLand), NetFlix, Redoctane, GameCrazy (Hollywood Video) will carry it this year?
    Senior video game retail buyers are a very arrogant breed of nine-to-fivers. They are the gate keepers to main stream distribution.
    It is a shame when they prevent cutting edge products from getting to consumers.
    Old 05-06-02, 01:47 PM

E3 2000: Kiss Blow Up Dolls surrounded the LA Convention Center

E3 2001: West Hall. First moments of expo opening. Over excited attendees were running down the aisles looking for cool new video games to play. It was like Christmas morning.
    Old 05-08-02, 12:09 AM

E3 is all about Mind Share

As you can see, Activision did not miss a beat last year at E3 2001 with the Wolfenstein dog tags and big red background banner.

It is OK to take a close up if you have a couple of medium shots with the logo.
    Old 05-08-02, 08:50 PM
    HN
    DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
    well, since it's just around the corner, thought i'd help out with the reminiscing. Here's a couple "hotties" that were also at E3 2001 (these are from site i had up last year) :

(i'll have real booth "attendants" up later)

--HN
    Old 05-08-02, 08:53 PM

Sony Party

This is a photo of a food server at the BIG SONY PARTY last year. She is also a singer,
    actress and model. Downtown LA skyline with truffle towers (candy).

We took about 10 creative photos during the course of the night.

Each side of the street had a huge long bar.

A smiley bar maid shaking a cocktail.
    Old 05-08-02, 09:02 PM

I snapped four shots in the South Hall lobby. This one is the best of the bunch.
    Old 05-09-02, 02:23 AM
    HN
    DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
    My favorite bunch from last year. I asked one of them if i could get a shot of all the girls on stage. she says sure, and rounds up all the girls for some quick snaps:

--HN
    Old 05-09-02, 05:22 PM

Hmmmm? What Company Hired Them?

Old 05-09-02, 09:28 PM

E3 2001 - It is ALL about the Games/Money/Marketing

where's all those *games* i hear about at e3?

Here is PURE E3 excitement.

Another shot of non-stop video game play.

A cool VR Chair is taken for a ride.

I don't know...pixs of faceless guys in casual levis playing pixels on big screens doesn't get my motor hummmmmming. I've snapped a bunch because that is the scene but like who really cares after the fact?
    Old 05-10-02, 12:08 AM

I just requested an interview with Playboy Center Fold Miss March, Tina Jordan.
    She will be at the 21st Software booth for one day promoting
    Playboy's Babes of Summer CD-ROM Jigsaw Puzzle (Note: Tina is not the model in the above puzzle pix.)

See naughty and nice Playmates and Playboy models in sizzling beach fantasies. Six puzzles will be released every year.

A couple of years ago Playboy was at E3 promoting a CD-ROM calendar.

What questions should be asked of Miss March?
    Mine will be: Can I get an E3 Playboy Party Pass?

If there is interest, I will post photos and wav file audio clips online within an hour of our interview.
    Old 05-10-02, 06:28 PM

Like Disneyland.
    Lots of people
    stand in long lines.

This E3 2001 line was
    for a chance to win
    a Nintendo GameBoy Advance

A week from today,
    I'm flying to LA for the BIG show
    Old 05-10-02, 10:52 PM

This is the very first photo I shot of her. Over the course of the year, we have
    taken many pictures together at a variety of high tech trade shows in Las Vegas.
    When she is not working as a booth hostess, this spunky spirit spends her time
    training parrots.

I remember she was in a medium sized booth last year with a pool table in the South Hall.
    To bad the company didn't have a logo with URL on her T-shirt instead of a pair of dice.
    Old 05-11-02, 12:23 AM
    DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
    Oh man...I would love to put some beef in their tacos
    Old 05-11-02, 11:49 AM

I'll be teaming up with Gadget Grrl for the first day of the show.
    She is wild, zany on-screen talent with a ton of experience. We will be doing 2 minute video clips: industry interviews, woman-on-the-street, models, product managers, after hour parties, big buzz, Best of Show, guys in T-shirts & ties, copy write attorneys, and beautiful security guards.

Last edited by Jacko; 05-13-02 at 03:14 PM.
    Old 05-11-02, 01:54 PM

anyone know if there'll be any pre-show parties from the big 3 or any other noteworthies? I went to sony's(dj paul oakenfold) and microsoft's (third eye blind and blink 182) last year, but have so far heard nothing about this year. anyone in the know?
    Old 05-13-02, 12:40 AM
    DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
    Originally posted by warcp
    anyone know if there'll be any pre-show parties from the big 3 or any other noteworthies? I went to sony's(dj paul oakenfold) and microsoft's (third eye blind and blink 182) last year, but have so far heard nothing about this year. anyone in the know?
    preshow?

Sony is having their party on Thursday from what I hear. they had Everclear perform last year and they did a very good job. I really enjoyed the party.

I just hope I am able to snag a pass for this years party
    Old 05-13-02, 08:49 PM

Not all the excitement was restricted to only the convention center. Across the street from the South Hall entrance, Gathering of Developers and a few other companies staged their own little party in a parking lot (complete with free beer). It was there that fans got to take pictures with this pair of sexy models and a very convincing Duke Nukem. Sisqo would have been proud.

Game Critics did a great job publishing a E3 2000 photo journal. Catagories include:

1 - L.A. Convention Center
    Take a visual tour around the convention center that gamers called home for three days, and see what it was like to navigate between its massive halls.
    No. of Photos: 6
    2 - Company Booths
    Companies pulled out all the stops with unbelievably extravagant displays and setups. Check out some of the booths that were designed to draw eye balls.
    No. of Photos: 30
    3 - Celebrities and Characters
    Celebrity appearances and costumed characters were everywhere you looked at E3. Get a glimpse of some of the more famous figures on the floor.
    No. of Photos: 20
    4 - Booth Babes
    Whatever purpose they actually serve is undoubtedly sexist, but to deny their prominence would be misrepresenting a large part of the E3 experience.
    No. of Photos: 16
    5 - Promotional Material
    Companies give out tons of free stuff to publicize their newest games. Take a look at some of the more interesting items that were dispensed.
    No. of Photos: 41

Over the weekend, I posted a bunch of E3 Memory Resource links (Award Shows, Photo Galleries, etc) on the LiveJournal Gamers Forum. (It is a hassle to transfer the code from that forum to this one.)
    Old 05-14-02, 04:58 PM

The Promised Lot

SubstanceTV, Inc, publishers of the acclaimed SubstanceTV DVD Videomagazine, announced the assemblage of a powerhouse sponsorship team, set to bring the award winning Promised Lot back to Los Angeles's Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), May 22nd - 24th.

Located at the familiar corner of Pico & Figueroa, directly across the street from the LA Convention Center, the Promised Lot will open at 12-Noon daily, with live entertainment, bar, gaming tournaments and technology showcases running until 7pm.

AMD, Best Buy, Matrox, GameSpy, Alienware, Obscura Digital, and BAWLS energy drink have joined forces to resurrect the Lot. (more)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.