Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

I'm Bi-Plane Curious!

Old 04-30-02, 04:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm Bi-Plane Curious!

I just got Flying Corps Gold and found out that it will not run on Windows ME due to its MS-DOS hungry nature.

Now I’m thinking about getting Red Baron II, but the online descriptions of it that I could find don’t specify its DOS reliability, only that the minimum requirements are Windows 95/98. I’m leery of making another non-returnable purchase that won’t run on my system.

I’m dying to play a good WWI sim, but Red Baron II is the most recently released one that I could find. The B&M’s in my area don’t even stock the genre, so I’m restricted to online purchase.

Does anyone know whether or not Windows ME would support Red Baron II or if there is even a more contemporary WWI sim on the market? I would totally appreciate any info and I’ll even post a funny web puzzle in return!
Old 05-01-02, 02:36 AM
Banned

wow.
Old 05-01-02, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I know nothing about those games, but I'm posting to give a little help.

Chances are that if it runs on 98, then it runs on ME (because it's really the same OS), but you never know for sure. Check the developers web site or run a quick search of DejaVu or epinions.com.

Also you can order on-line at EB and return games at the B&M store. EB has a software exchance policy. I think it's 10 days. So your purchase may not be wasted if you have to returnt he game.
Old 05-01-02, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey mmconhea, I noticed you are from rochester. Me too. Just thought I'd say that.

DARTH GAMER
Old 05-01-02, 11:28 PM
Banned

Thanks mmconhea. It seems to be the safest route. I guess WWI aerial is a dead genre until the next Hollywood treatment. Your response is totally appreciated and here’s that puzzle I was holding as a bargaining chip:

http://www.jaybill.com/article.php?articleID=49

(I did a search for this url going back six months and it didn’t show. I hope it isn’t old news or what not. It’s pretty clever. When you see the flaw in the picture you’ll wonder why you didn’t notice it immediately. Cheers.)

Old 05-02-02, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Is the answer to the puzzle "oh ****, I just crapped myself" ?