Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Morrowind or Jedi Knight II?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-02, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morrowind or Jedi Knight II?

Since I'm trying to sell/trade Dungeon Siege, I thought I'd pick up a new PC game. I was all set to buy Jedi Knight II and then I realized that Morrowind is supposed to be out this week?

Anyone excited about Morrrowind? If so, why?

I read the recent Jedi Knight II thread, so I know there are at least a few JK fans here.

Aaaarrrgh! Too many games, not enough time! I can't decide.
Old 04-29-02, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It all depends. Are you looking for a 100+ hour game? Then go for Morrowind. Are you looking for a cool, but short game? Then go Jedi Knight II. They are worlds and genres apart from each other.
Old 04-29-02, 03:51 PM
Banned

Morrowind is definitely a tight game. I have only seen a beta version, but that game has some amazing stuff in it if you are into that sort of game. There is alot to read in that game, and depending how much you read, and how many quest you go on, depends on how long the game is. Definitely check out the trailer and some reviews before you make your final decision.
Old 04-29-02, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sweet Jesus man, with these two games the choice is not do you buy Jedi Knight II or Morrowind, but do you get both games and food or both games and still make rent.

Seriously though, Jedi 2 kicked major ass, but Morrowind stands to blow the whole industry away. I can't really bring myself to recommend you don't buy Jedi, but I did just get a $300+ video card in preparation for the third coming of the Elder Scrolls...
Old 04-29-02, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

OK, I'll probably go with Morrowind for now and pick up JK2 later on. Thanks for the input.

joshd2012: Since you've seen the beta, do you think I'll have any performance issue with the following? PIII 1ghz, 256 megs of ram, Geforce 2 GTS 32 MB.
Old 04-30-02, 04:36 PM

You should have no problem running MW on medium settings.
Old 04-30-02, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Gromit
OK, I'll probably go with Morrowind for now and pick up JK2 later on. Thanks for the input.

joshd2012: Since you've seen the beta, do you think I'll have any performance issue with the following? PIII 1ghz, 256 megs of ram, Geforce 2 GTS 32 MB.

ive seen it too

your pc might have trouble, its really graphics intensive
Old 04-30-02, 10:12 PM
Banned

Originally posted by SpacemanSpiff

ive seen it too

your pc might have trouble, its really graphics intensive
True, but the graphics can be turned down. I just saw it played on a GF4 with all video options turned up and it is simply amazing. You're just gonna lose some detail and maybe some fps. Nothing that would restrict the game from being fun.
Old 04-30-02, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm thinking about buying a GeForce4 Ti 4200 when they hit the stores. I'm not sure if I'm CPU bound though, so it may not help. I found a review at anandtech.com that actually benchmarks with CPUs that are slower than 2.2 ghz P4s. Based on that, I think the new card will help, but not as much as a new CPU.

Which Athlon XP clockspeed comes closest to a Pentium III 1 ghz?

I'll probably get a new system later this summer. Maybe the GF4 4200 will allow me to push that back even further.
Old 05-01-02, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I choose JK2, the game owns. But then again, I'm a hard core star wars fan. so that goes without saying that I love it.
Old 05-01-02, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by joshd2012

True, but the graphics can be turned down. I just saw it played on a GF4 with all video options turned up and it is simply amazing. You're just gonna lose some detail and maybe some fps. Nothing that would restrict the game from being fun.
good call there rodney